• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Evil Showdown! (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Excuse my lack of understanding but I don't 100% get what you mean.
Oh, don't worry about it. I just meant that King of Evil is more about who is on top of Ganon's metagame and that his skills as a representative come second. But being the top of anything grants the person a certain degree of charisma, making them a good representative more often than not. :p

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
No I'll never be able to compete with Kage the Warrior :(

Not sure who that random scrub next to him is though :p

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Was this elected by Tournament placings and Ganon knowledge of all Matchups?

Just curious...
No, it wasn't. It was elected biasedly in Vermanubis' favor. I don't agree with this though, and don't think I ever will.

My results, my knowledge, and my performance as Ganon are all undoubtedly better than his.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I figured, because no offense but I check tournament results quite efficiently.

Your from the EC right Verm? What names have you played and defeated in Tournament there?

This is all Curiousity

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
No, it wasn't. It was elected biasedly in Vermanubis' favor. I don't agree with this though, and don't think I ever will.

My results, my knowledge, and my performance as Ganon are all undoubtedly better than his.
But you haven't displayed it recently (through no fault of your own, I'm sure), which is why with this round Verm was the only one left in the competition (which only had two participants in the first place) to take the cake. Which is why there will be another go at the title at some point; because we know you're capable of so much.

:034:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Augh, are we really going through this again?

I've never really displayed my knowledge, so that's a bold statement. Secondly, your best tournament results are similar to mine, only, your region is, yes, easy. I'm sorry, but when you get characters like you do in bracket, your region is easy. When you look at a region like mine, where you literally fight nothing but top-tiers, that's when placings like you got start to matter.

Kalm. I'm putting my boot down this time (:ganondorf:). The only reason it was "biased in my favor" is because you didn't win. When everyone else puts their vote on me, what do you expect to be done? Give Kalm credit for his 7-month old tournament results against no-names? This is the same way every other board does their selection.

I'm sorry, Kalm. But I've never heard of you beating any high-profile players, let alone ones who use really difficult MUs for Ganon. You pontificate about being amazing, and some of the Ganons here pump air into your head, but all I ever see are matches against mediocre Falcons, other Ganons, Bowser and occasionally someone halfway decent like San. It's pretty easy to be amazing when you're fighting bad players.

I hate having to be like this, but Kalm, someone needs to deflate you >w>. You are excellent. But you have yet to prove you're this Ganon god you fancy yourself to be and give the illusion to others of. Now, can we all put this to rest? This is becoming melodramatic, and that's pretty... not good. You're not entitled. You're no better than the rest of us. You need to prove yourself just like the rest of us. Put in work and then go at it. Until then, be patient. :U

As DLA so perfectly stated, this title is primarily ornamental and meant for fun. So relax. x3

Your from the EC right Verm? What names have you played and defeated in Tournament there?
Recently I've beaten Pra-wn, Peac-hkid, Soma-Cruz, Hobo and Kiwi. Last tournament, I would've beaten one of the top 10 MKs on the EC, D0om, had Frigate not flipped and killed me at the most inopportune time. >_<. I'm not one to cling to "almost wins" but I think that ending was bull. <_>

Praw-n is a former ranked ICs. Peachk-id is a top 5-6 Peach. Soma-Cruz is a mid-placing Diddy. Hobo is an intermediate Snake and Kiwi is a high-level Yoshi/Pit/Kirby. Although not recent, Duke's MK and Ed's Zelda in MMs.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero

Kalm. I'm putting my boot down this time (:ganondorf:). The only reason it was "biased in my favor" is because you didn't win.
This is it, seriously. Kalm if you know you're better than Verm than stop acting so prissy and prove it. It shouldn't matter to you, to me it sounds like you want the title more than being a Great Ganon.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I don't think Doom is a top 10 MK.....I can list a bunch who are better.

Unfortunately I have never heard of the other players except for maybe Prawn (He sounds familiar). I am not saying they aren't good I am just stating I don't know them. Are any of them on the Power rankings anywhere?

What tournaments do you go to?

This is all curiosity.... I don't want anything to do with the King spot.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I don't think Doom is a top 10 MK.....I can list a bunch who are better.

Unfortunately I have never heard of the other players except for maybe Pra-wn (He sounds familiar). I am not saying they aren't good I am just stating I don't know them. Are any of them on the Power rankings anywhere?

What tournaments do you go to?

This is all curiosity.... I don't want anything to do with the King spot.
Well, top 10 EC MK. :p

Also, Duke and Pra-wn were ranked before inactivity. Kiwi, Peach-kid, and Soma would fall under the honorable mentions category for having beaten PR players, but didn't make it onto PRs for whatever reason.

Ed is ranked, I think. He beat Candy's Snake a while ago and recently placed 3rd in a tournament. He's FL and a top Zelda/Sheik. Unfortunately I haven't played 6/10 of our PR players despite me going to almost 8 tourneys now. New England is notorious for static seeding.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
As DLA so perfectly stated, this title is primarily ornamental and meant for fun. So relax. x3
For fun? For fun, you say?
This is serious bussiness.

If it was for fun, we could pretty much put Inui up there.

Doom, "learn your place" is sort of an insult in english.
Also, outsiders are irrelevant.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Ahh sorry, I didn't know since there wasn't a quote lol.

Being the king of evil, you should have one of the pages that lists your tournaments you have been to and your placings with who you beat and lost too. Also I wouldn't list players as such and such in the country like you did with Doom, because they do name search and you can cause yourself some trouble....just a heads up.

But I am sure everyone would love to see your tournaments and results (make sure you list the # of entrants) so we don't have to ask... this way we can just go to a page and see how your doing as the Ganon rep.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ahh sorry, I didn't know since there wasn't a quote lol.

Being the king of evil, you should have one of the pages that lists your tournaments you have been to and your placings with who you beat and lost too. Also I wouldn't list players as such and such in the country like you did with Doom, because they do name search and you can cause yourself some trouble....just a heads up.

But I am sure everyone would love to see your tournaments and results (make sure you list the # of entrants) so we don't have to ask... this way we can just go to a page and see how your doing as the Ganon rep.
No worries, Fonz. You weren't causing any disputes. But yeah, that's why I hyphenated some names and replaced "o"s with "0"s to prevent namesearching. :p

Which reminds me, could you edit Pra-wn and D00m's names to prevent namesearches? xP

fonzi21

Smash Ace
no, because I have no reason to block them from name searches. That's like talking behind someone's back. you don't do it.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
no, because I have no reason to block them from name searches. That's like talking behind someone's back. you don't do it.
Hold up, hold up. Talking behind people's backs? You've got it all wrong

I don't want to prevent them from namesearching because I'm saying things I think they'll resent. I'm asking it and doing it simply because it just feels awkward stating that I beat somebody to have them come into the thread. There's nothing wrong with stating wins, it's just a matter of people getting butthurt over it.

I appreciate the honorable gesture, but that's far from my MO.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
That's just how I see it. If I am going to talk about a player they have every right to see what's being said and there shouldn't be any awkwardness when talking about them. I would say the same thing on these forums to anyone's face in person. That's how I post. and that's how I see the name changing to prevent name searching.

You shouldn't feel awkward stating you beat someone if it's true.

But let's get back on topic. I really think you should make that thread about your tournament results so we can see the representation your bringing.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That's just how I see it. If I am going to talk about a player they have every right to see what's being said and there shouldn't be any awkwardness when talking about them. I would say the same thing on these forums to anyone's face in person. That's how I post. and that's how I see the name changing to prevent name searching.

You shouldn't feel awkward stating you beat someone if it's true.

But let's get back on topic. I really think you should make that thread about your tournament results so we can see the representation your bringing.
Whenever I go to my next tourney I'll start it up. And I know what you mean, but while it SHOULDN'T feel akward, it does for me.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
xD

While I do agree 100%, I guess it's just a matter of me not wanting to make anyone feel bad. :/ They deserve at least some fleeting semblance of happiness so I can revel in how much of it I am robbing from them as I murder them. :ganondorf:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Augh, are we really going through this again?

I've never really displayed my knowledge, so that's a bold statement. Secondly, your best tournament results are similar to mine, only, your region is, yes, easy. I'm sorry, but when you get characters like you do in bracket, your region is easy. When you look at a region like mine, where you literally fight nothing but top-tiers, that's when placings like you got start to matter.

Kalm. I'm putting my boot down this time (:ganondorf:). The only reason it was "biased in my favor" is because you didn't win. When everyone else puts their vote on me, what do you expect to be done? Give Kalm credit for his 7-month old tournament results against no-names? This is the same way every other board does their selection.

I'm sorry, Kalm. But I've never heard of you beating any high-profile players, let alone ones who use really difficult MUs for Ganon. You pontificate about being amazing, and some of the Ganons here pump air into your head, but all I ever see are matches against mediocre Falcons, other Ganons, Bowser and occasionally someone halfway decent like San. It's pretty easy to be amazing when you're fighting bad players.

I hate having to be like this, but Kalm, someone needs to deflate you >w>. You are excellent. But you have yet to prove you're this Ganon god you fancy yourself to be and give the illusion to others of. Now, can we all put this to rest? This is becoming melodramatic, and that's pretty... not good. You're not entitled. You're no better than the rest of us. You need to prove yourself just like the rest of us. Put in work and then go at it. Until then, be patient. :U

First off, I'd like you to stop saying I haven't been to a tournament in "7 months", that is false.

You haven't proved yourself much better than I have, you've only mentioned yourself taking "games" off of half decent players, and beating players who you presume are good.

Also, no one had decided that we will be voting to determine any of this.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
First off, I'd like you to stop saying I haven't been to a tournament in "7 months", that is false.

You haven't proved yourself much better than I have, you've only mentioned yourself taking "games" off of half decent players, and beating players who you presume are good.

Also, no one had decided that we will be voting to determine any of this.
A tournament where you went all-Ganon.

And I think I have, at least by a fair bit. I've beaten said "half decent players" as well as those whom I "presume" to be good. I'm in the expert seed in my region; I don't fight nubs in bracket, save for maybe first match. The only time I've mentioned just taking a game off somebody was Do0m, which I felt was worthy of mention, since I feel I only dropped the set due to being Frigate'd. And Do0m is far better than "halfway decent". He's ranked in the toughest region in the country, NY/NJ.

True, I've not a long list of names I've subjugated in bracket. But I've also only fought a handful of them in bracket, due to static seeding issues. Those whom I have beaten that are noteworthy are noteworthy for a reason. NE is a top 5 region. In addition, they were actually difficult MUs, such as Praw-n's ICs or Kiwi's Yoshi.

Everybody unanimously agrees at this point. The election is final and anyone who wants it will have to prove they're the best 4-6 months from now.

I'd also like to throw out that even though they weren't bracket or MMs, I've done a number of competitive sets with people outside of bracket. Though they can't be sanctioned as "official" I think it counts for something when both players agree to go balls out and they have a huge crowd watching them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom