• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Evil Showdown! (Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
A tournament where you went all-Ganon.
Then put it that way.

Everybody unanimously agrees at this point. The election is final and anyone who wants it will have to prove they're the best 4-6 months from now.
No, I'm sorry, but you do not decide something that important. I'll probably figure out a way to get someone elected without "favored" votes.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
No, I'm sorry, but you do not decide something that important. I'll probably figure out a way to get someone elected without "favored" votes.
That makes no sense.

The votes aren't 'favored' votes just because they arent votes for you.

Vermanubis won this round. Fair and square.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Then put it that way.

This is ridiculous. What other way do you propose to do this? Don't you think the rest of the world would've found a better way by now? Everybody agreed that right now, my results outdo yours and my resume is more filled. That's all there is to it.

Drop the obsession. Persistence is only admirable when there's a cause behind it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It'd be nice if we got year 2010-results/accomplishments from both Verm & Kalm.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I agree, Z1g. At the end of the year, we should compile a resume and compare them. Since it's almost September, let's give it until the beginning of February/late January.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I agree, Z1g. At the end of the year, we should compile a resume and compare them. Since it's almost September, let's give it until the beginning of February/late January.
I love the way you're trying to make your temporary "King of Evil" title last as long as possible.

Z1gma, that's exactly what I wanted to do from the start.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I love the way you're trying to make your temporarily "King of Evil" title last as long as possible.

Z1gma, that's exactly what I wanted to do from the start.
"Temporary"?

We'll see in the coming months if this is the case or not. Your obsession is growing very, very old. No one thinks it should continue but you. We already did compare our "accomplishments" and thus far, yours, if any, are outdated.

So, deal with it until the time comes. Is an ornament worth your dignity? At this point, you're losing it rapidly. I don't care if I lose the spot to any given person if they truly outdo me. But you haven't. You cling to ancient results against randoms.

If you think you're above me, then you have to prove it the same way I proved myself: by dedicating time, money and thought.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
"Temporary"?

We'll see in the coming months if this is the case or not. Your obsession is growing very, very old. No one thinks it should continue but you. We already did compare our "accomplishments" and thus far, yours, if any, are outdated.

So, deal with it until the time comes. Is an ornament worth your dignity? At this point, you're losing it rapidly.
Accomplishments can be as outdated they want, but they're accomplishments nonetheless.

You're the one losing your dignity over an ornament by an unfair challenge.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Accomplishments can be as outdated they want, but they're accomplishments nonetheless.

You're the one losing your dignity over an ornament by an unfair challenge.
Not when they're age-old. Players progress; metagames progress. If age-old accomplishments were worth anything in a competition such as this, we'd have one KoE for all eternity were said accomplishment profound enough.

And am I? Unfair because of bias? The universe is biased against you, so they let me beat good players giving me a fuller resume?

Everyone has agreed that this issue is done with. I'm locking the thread before we BOTH end up looking like *****.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why wait?
I say collect your 2010-Results/Accomplishments and have Verm place them in the OP.

Verm, no offense, but I don't like how you're "speaking for everyone".
You say "everyone" and "no one" like there's no tomorrow.
Most people are voting for you atm, but not "everyone".

No hard feelings <3

"I'm locking the thread"
- We should have a look at both players' recent year of "accomplishments" first.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Why wait?
I say collect your 2010-Results/Accomplishments and have Verm place them in the OP.

Verm, no offense, but I don't like how you're "speaking for everyone".
You say "everyone" and "no one" like there's no tomorrow.
Most people are voting for you atm, but not "everyone".

No hard feelings <3
I'm not speaking for everyone. A majority of the users here have agreed this ordeal is over and done with. True, not every single person, but it was obvious hyperbole.

We've already compared results. most people have agreed my accomplishments are above Kalm's currently. I've said if before and I'll say it again. Kalm has been too inactive, it's honestly not fair to someone who puts in a ton of work and performs very well to have to endure one person's malcontent.

And of course no hard feelings. I know what you're saying. But I have to disagree on the grounds that most people have agreed that this is done with. Kalm and I already compared, and almost everybody concurred that Kalm's results are outdated, not full Ganon, and that, to my knowledge he has not bested any notable players in bracket or MM in recent months.

I don't know how many times I have to reiterate this logic. It's come to a point where I don't care about the spot, I just am tired of hearing Kalm insist he deserves the spot when he's done virtually nothing to obtain it. Let's look at Nick Riddle. He placed exceptionally well in one tournament: MLG. But the likes of Snakeee and Dazwa have consistently placed better than Nick Riddle, save for that one tournament. Therefore a majority believe Dazwa and Snakeee > Nick Riddle, simply because Nick Riddle has very limited credentials.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm just locking it, Ex. If I keep trying to please Kalm and the 1% that support the continuation of this thread, it'll never, ever end. This whole thing has had the fun robbed out of it.

No matter what I, nor anyone else does, someone will find a loophole and cling to it.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
That took you long enough, broGanon.
It's just a tough call to make. I have folks like Kalm and Z1G wanting the thread and competition to continue, whereas the majority is annoyed by it and says it's over and concrete.

I don't want Kalm to obsess over it and stir up constant unrest over it, and I don't want to ignore Z1g's wishes either. But most of you guys are getting annoyed by it, most have agreed that it was finalized and so forth.

I PMed Hylian already. It should be locked soon. Sorry Z1g and Kalm, but I'm going with what the majority says. I'm not exactly in a comfortable position right now. :/

napZzz

Smash Hero
breezys the best ganon, he just doesn't waste his time aruging with bad wifi players about it on the ganon boards

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm not speaking for everyone. A majority of the users here have agreed this ordeal is over and done with. True, not every single person, but it was obvious hyperbole.

We've already compared results. most people have agreed my accomplishments are above Kalm's currently. I've said if before and I'll say it again. Kalm has been too inactive, it's honestly not fair to someone who puts in a ton of work and performs very well to have to endure one person's malcontent.

And of course no hard feelings. I know what you're saying. But I have to disagree on the grounds that most people have agreed that this is done with. Kalm and I already compared, and almost everybody concurred that Kalm's results are outdated, not full Ganon, and that, to my knowledge he has not bested any notable players in bracket or MM in recent months.

I don't know how many times I have to reiterate this logic. It's come to a point where I don't care about the spot, I just am tired of hearing Kalm insist he deserves the spot when he's done virtually nothing to obtain it. Let's look at Nick Riddle. He placed exceptionally well in one tournament: MLG. But the likes of Snakeee and Dazwa have consistently placed better than Nick Riddle, save for that one tournament. Therefore a majority believe Dazwa and Snakeee > Nick Riddle, simply because Nick Riddle has very limited credentials.
We haven't compared out tournament results. And please, I'm as active as ever again in my region.

Whether you lock this thread or not won't give you the this title. You want to get rid of everything so fast in your favor, but that won't be happening. I'll ask you to remember that.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
We haven't compared out tournament results. And please, I'm as active as ever again in my region.

Whether you lock this thread or not won't give you the this title. You want to get rid of everything so fast in your favor, but that won't be happening.
If you're active, then start placing and beating tough players. And yes, we did. Your most recent results that I could find, full-Ganon, were from January. In addition, your bracket was not astoundingly difficult from what I could tell.

And yes, I want to get rid of everything so fast in my favor because It's becoming tedious arguing when the vast majority has said, with emphasized objectivity, that I currently have the fuller resume.

It's a game, man. A really campy, broken game. Get overrrrr it.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
The sparks between the two of you are hiting my south-american butt.

As I(or someone else?) said before, the KoE spot should be given to those who accomplished a very outstanding achievement. The previous title was to Kosk, who placed 2nd, SECOND!, in a tourney. Going Ganon only. Even if that was a Wi-Fi tourney...

Until someone reaches, what, 5th or more with Ganon in a tourney, facing his difficults MUs, not just some Falcons and Bowsers. THEN the KoE spot will be settled. There's absolutely NO REASON do decide it NOW!
I'm not saying we don't need one. I'm saying we don't need one NOW!

You two should think about it a little while you burn your own egos into the fireplace and warm some marshmallows.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The sparks between the two of you are hiting my south-american butt.

As I(or someone else?) said before, the KoE spot should be given to those who accomplished a very outstanding achievement. The previous title was to Kosk, who placed 2nd, SECOND!, in a tourney. Going Ganon only. Even if that was a Wi-Fi tourney...

Until someone reaches, what, 5th or more with Ganon in a tourney, facing his difficults MUs, not just some Falcons and Bowsers. THEN the KoE spot will be settled. There's absolutely NO REASON do decide it NOW!
I'm not saying we don't need one. I'm saying we don't need one NOW!

You two should think about it a little while you burn your own egos into the fireplace and warm some marshmallows.
By and large, I agree with this.

But where does my ego come in? I think I've been fairly modest and reasonable throughout the thread. o_0

Breezy

Smash Ace
Just want to point out that I've come in second at a tourney where I played MKs and other peeps, and 25th out of 104 against ICs and Falcos and names like UTD Zac and domo.

This was like a year ago though, but nobody ever seemed to pay much attention to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom