• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
MLG stage list is fail. We don't need to spend so much time striking 7 starters. The counterpicks are fail. Matches for a Pro Circuit should not involve environmental disruption. Preventing people from using Nunchuk, Wii Remote, and Classic only hurts the attendance list ... but I can see how they'd be concerned about wireless interference from someone hitting a Home button during a tournament match. And what's with the idea behind no duplicated characters on a team? 0_o

I'm sure they'll fix up at least some of this stuff before Orlando. Chances are there will be more changes after Orlando as well.

Edit:
As a side note, I'm super excited for this event!!!!!!!!
-^_^-

Ladybug

Smash Lord
ZSS can live to -ridiculous- percentages on Luigi's.

It will be interesting when it comes through Dallas. We were planning a HUGE national tourney on that day... And then MLG was like "OH HAI! WE'RE ADDING BRAWL!!" And we were like "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!" And then cried a little bit.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
ZSS can live to -ridiculous- percentages on Luigi's.

It will be interesting when it comes through Dallas. We were planning a HUGE national tourney on that day... And then MLG was like "OH HAI! WE'RE ADDING BRAWL!!" And we were like "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!" And then cried a little bit.
I don't get it. You'll get a better attendance rate now and you don't have to do anything for it. Win - win, right?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
How do you define the infinites? Is regrabbing once an infinite? Twice? Or is it for interpretation by the referees, all of whom will be at least slightly biased in some direction?

Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat, PS1...why are they neutrals? Just have the standard neutrals and maybe one more. Why the hell is PS1 even a neutral anyway? I'm not complaining, but still.

Green Greens and Norfair are CPs. That makes SO much sense.

Who even decides these rules anyway? Most of this seems like no one had any experience with the game >.> .

Arcade

Smash Ace
I will never be able to think of A1lion as anything but a girl with that pink name and unicorn avatar.

It's my opinion that people whine about hazards way too much, but it won't be long before they change it anyway.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Because I can't have my tournament that I've been planning since last year because it's on the same day as MLG... So I won't have any turnout so any money I would have spent on venue and anything else would be lost cause no one would come and pay venue fee.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're not understanding but MLG would steal all my players for being the same day as I would have mine.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I can only see this as a real bummer if you have paid the venue already, but judging by the tense you're using I see this is not the case.

If you have been planning for so long just move the date? I'm sure the venue people wouldn't mind.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
No I haven't paid the venue. The problem was is that the whole summer is taken by major tournaments and we were going to combine with a national SF4 tournament so that we were going to have probably over 500 people there between the two of us. That was also the first month where a major tournament WASN'T happening.

Since it's been planned for so long all I was saying is that it's a bummer that MLG Dallas decided to go ahead and out of no where add Brawl and hold it on the same day as the day I was planning.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
It was my prank status...gosh, I forgot it'd already been a month.

Sorry Ladybug :/ . That has to suck a lot...what are the chances you can hold it on another day, like Tierse suggested?

Waiting for Naruto 488...stuck with unsatisfying raws for the moment. :(

Edit: OMG the raws have provided something satisfying.

Tsunade's alive!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's true, they had no warning or build-up. I feel your pain, Ladybug, I really do... But well, all you can do now is cry "bummer" and hope the next time nothing like this happens. :/

Stage list is OK for Kirby and ZSS, I'm not complaining. Not like I'm gonna go anyway, but hopefully LingLing will (he moved from PR to New England [?] forever, apparently... Guess that makes me an even higher ranked player) ;D

And A1, unicorns are everything BUT manly. I mean, you're 13 dude, you're not even a man yet. ;););););)

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Yes, it is a bummer ladybug.

And nooooo ling ling. WHYYYY. he was actually the first PR player I saw in action at the genesis livestream. He and Excel zero were a godly team. Ahwell, now he'll get to **** some US face I guess. What spot on the PR does that give you kewkk?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And nooooo ling ling. WHYYYY. he was actually the first PR player I saw in action at the genesis livestream. He and Excel zero were a godly team. Ahwell, now he'll get to **** some US face I guess. What spot on the PR does that give you kewkk?
I know man, it really sucks... I dunno why he moved, I'll know soon enough. It's less competition here, but on the bright side, a surge of new players appeared out of nowhere! I'll do my best to shape 'em up and be pros before they realize they made the transition! :D

And uhh, I dunno... I missed the last tourney, so I dunno just how good everyone is right now. I am definitely 2-4 though (fighting for the #2 spot with Rated and TLMSheikant), Excel_Zero is still #1.

A1, that pic is shopped. Manliness needs no photoshop to prove its manliness. :|

And wow, unicorns are very ugly. :|

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Freudian slip right there Kewkk :p

Also yes I know Holland also has a sudden boost in community, actually this April could very well be our first 100+ tournament, and it's just a national :) (for those who don't know Holland is like 1/10th the size of texas.) I'm so going to rep kirby there.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's actually just one of the first google image results for "chuck norris unicorn". I didn't photoshop it at all.

Ok kewk, if you say so. :p
Yeah, you'd better not question the resident mod's power.

<--- She questioned it when she read that paper.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Oh, hi guys :). BIG things has happened on HeartGold last night. Firstly, I leveled up my Pokemon some and made my shiny Golbat evolve into a Crobat, which is pink with green wings! Not only that, I worked very hard, and got my Slowpoke to evolve, as well as teaching it Blizzard. So I took on the Gym Leader again and I creamed both of the Dragonairs with my Slowbro! But...I struggled with Kingdra. All of my Pokemon except for my Meganium fainted, so I had to work carefully :ohwell:. So I used Poisonpowder on it, and then used Petal Dance and hoped for the best...I remember I kept using Hyper Potions just to stay alive ;_;. And then I beat her!!

And then I was happy :D.

Here's my current team ^_^.

Crobat: Lvl 38
Meganium: Lvl 39
Slowbro: Lvl 40
Ho-Oh: Lvl 45
Gyarados: Lvl 30
Magneton: Lvl 39

Oh, and I tried to hold my ground against the Elite 4, and I got ***** by the first person. BADLY :ohwell:.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't have mod powers in real life, so... :(

And I got a haircut yesterday. Tomorrow I gotta go somewhere fancy (a movie some friends made), so I'm gonna wear a tuxedo, nice shoes, and have a formal hairdo... I'm gonna wear gel for the first time in years.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Guanabana :mad: .

NKN, your talk of shininess reminds me of something that happened to me in Sapphire. I was training my Barboach, and I had the GBA titled so I couldn't really see the light reflecting off it really well. I'm about to kill the wild barboach, when I tilt the gameboy and see that's it's shiny. IT'S ****ING PURPLE WITH GOLDEN FINS. It was amazing. And then I evolved it into a Whiscash, and the only visual difference was that the orange skin was dark red. WTF.

...I have SS news. I have gotten a bike and am in the process of beating the third gym. Woot?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
C`Dog I watched those team GF vids on shaya's youtube and I must say you have a pretty impressive kirby.
Thank you ^_^ I am much better now, top 10 in the state woo. Generally I perform a hell of a lot better in teams than I do in singles. My current teammate plays Lucario/MK, so I am usually the stock tank hahaha.

EDIT: the first time I player Ruby, the very first wild Pokemon I found was a shiny Zigzagoon. I killed it D;

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Sooo the ruleset that Viper linked is pretty bad.

Green Greens? :/
And no, Luigi's Mansion should NOT be on any stage list (except maybe doubles) EVER. Matches there tend to last the full 8 minutes the majority of the time.

Have wiimote interferences ever actually been a problem? :/

No rules about MK's planking? That I saw.
And team attack off had to be (and apparently was) just a mistake.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Top Bottom