• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
So what your saying is, it's at best a 50/50 the likes of a Ryu fireball trap?

Except, without the chip and hadouken being a good move?

EDIT: Not to mention it doesn't have good frame data or non-situational use (see: Only against chars without projectiles, only when they aren't fighting you close up (which against diddy should be as little time as possible if you don't have a projectile.))

T-block

B2B TST
Din's is useless in 1v1 because responding to it is well within reaction time. Zelda can "mix it up" by choosing to explode it in front or behind you, but that doesn't matter because you don't have to guess when you're trying to avoid Din's. You can wait until she starts to detonate it, and then air dodge or spot dodge - that takes any guesswork out of the equation. Now in addition to that, the cooldown Zelda suffers from it is too high to be able to take advantage of a forced dodge, so there's virtually zero utility to the move. Zelda needs the presence of a stage hazard to be able to make anything happen with Din's.

Popgun, in contrast, cannot be reacted to as effectively. Once Diddy starts charging it, the opponent is forced to predict the release of the peanut with a shield or a dodge. Now, combined with the fact that Diddy can cancel the charge with a shield and has fantastic OoS options, that means Diddy can react to the reaction, and that's the key difference. While Zelda can force a reaction, she can't make any use of it. Even the uncharged version is much better at controlling space because of the lower cooldown Diddy experiences. Even though the opponent can dodge or attack the peanut, Diddy is often able to act before the attack or dodge ends, and that's generally what makes a projectile "good".

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
While this is against my principles, perhaps I should go over any redeeming factors that Din's Fire has.

Din's Fire-ing somebody off stage can be annoying at times. Like T-block says, Din's Fire forces a response and sometimes opponents will struggle to recover when fireballs are being sent your way. Using Din's on Snake while recovering comes to mind. Also, like Landon says we're human and not perfect players so Din's will land once in a while and the fireball has increasing range as time passes (godly at max) and deals 16% at max (9% if Din's detonates instantly).

Din's Fire is quite good in doubles. The opponents can't always focus on two players' attacks at once so Din's will land much more often. Look at this:

http://youtu.be/-DgeVdUGVD8?t=3m41s (8:23/12:12 are amusing to watch as well)

Captain L

Smash Champion
tires: regardless of how good they are in game, they provide a game changing shift in momentum by giving the holder "hope"

Also combos into like everything therefore being top tier projectiles. If wario could spawn tires like diddy spawned bananas, wario would be way too good.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Deap 50 dollar money match?
asdf
i'll do only 10 but only if mk its allowed.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eh it's easy to MM when you play a character that has positive matchups.

Olimar is the furthest [legal character] from a "positive matchup" for me. :(

But yeah I'll be glad to MM against more reasonable matchups x_x

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm in the mood to wifi. Any takers? :x

Aero! I see you. You should post here more often :D We don't usually talk about Brawl this much!

Jason!

Smash Lord
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss dawson fixed my wii. Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I FINALLY have internet working... again... ugh my internet sucks. Just read through over 100 posts...

Lots of moves have situational uses as well that people seem to forget about. PK Flash/Freeze would probably work well against a recovering DDD or Snake. And just because a move has no priority or anything doesn't make it useless. When I was timing out Kantrip with Jigglypuff on Battlefield, he was using peanuts to try to hit me. They had the right arc to interact with me while I was landing on the platform, making it the only safe move for him to use (unfortunately for him, I could stay in the air a LONG time, making that strategy not very useful). But the point is, just because a move may seem useless, it may actually have some very useful situational uses. (I know peanuts have tons more uses, but just illustrating a positive for Arcansi, who says they are completely useless).

Also, Puff is the worst character. She is the lightest in the game, has possibly the worst range in the game. The only way she can win is by timing people out. Yet for some reason, I love playing as her, to the point I am trying to make her my #1 tournament character :p

Kantrip

Kantplay
In all honesty that would be awesome if you have the patience for it. I can't get that pressed for time practice at home

Top Bottom