• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
what do you think about sheiks' needles, aero? i'd put them above fox's lasers tbh

top 5 for me in no order
falco lasers
pit arrows
diddy bananas
snake grenades
zss pieces

bottom 5
zelda's dins
luigi fireball
gw's chef
kirby sword
fludd

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ah, as someone who mains Sheik, her needles are amazing. They hit people on the ground, interrupt approaches, punish small mistakes if you don't feel like DACUS'ing. They're a great projectile but held back due to having to charge them for maximum effect.

I would probably put them above Fox's lasers, but I was speaking previously from a purely objective point of view.

Marth's fair for best projectile.

Crisis

Smash Ace
no yoshi's eggs?

they can be angled, explode like grenades, you can plank with them and they do like friggin 10%

also using fludd is like stalling. you use it, your opponent freezes for 2 seconds, then they continue beating mario. ban it

T-block

B2B TST
Hard to sort through things, but I'd start from this pool and sort them out to get the top projectiles:

Bananas
Pikmin
Falco Lasers
Pit Arrows
Lucas PK Thunder
Armor Pieces
Grenades

And this pool for bottom:
Luigi Fireball
FLUDD
Squirtle Water Gun
Chef
Kirby Sword Thing
Squirtle's Water Gun is a super useful move.

Lucas' PK Thunder not so much, if you discount its use as a recovery.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How are you guys still awake at ungodly hours in the morning? :x

It has its downsides (large amount of lag) but the different trajectories can make it hard to avoid (do I fastfall or jump?) and give you more control, which is VERY important. (your able to make it reach your opponent more then others, from better positions.)

Also, the varied explosion time means things like airdodges simply won't do most of the time.

It's good at what it does, and if zelda had all moves that were like Din's, she would likely be somewhere around top of mid tier if not higher.

:fluttershy:
I'll give you an example: Zelda shooting fireballs at Peach. It doesn't matter when the fireball explodes because Peach's Nair lasts somewhat long enough and has large enough hitboxes to cancel Din's no matter where and when it detonates. The same applies to many characters.

Also, watch Zelda when she detonates Din's. She'll do some hand movements just before it explodes.

Typically Air Dodging is good enough - try it it's not very difficult. In the case for Pit, just hold out your Mirror Shield if you feel like you can't dodge Din's in time. Back air also works to cancel Din's Fire.

Hm... Zelda being able to move her Smash Attacks? lol

Guess no Smashfest today? :(

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
asa if you see this within the next 10 give me some of that Hawaiian wifi

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
>has to leave at 1:30

asa hurry your assa up

ha

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I'll give you an example: Zelda shooting fireballs at Peach. It doesn't matter when the fireball explodes because Peach's Nair lasts somewhat long enough and has large enough hitboxes to cancel Din's no matter where and when it detonates. The same applies to many characters.
I doubt it cancels it 100% of the time. Also, can't you cancel it early and beat her nair lag then?

Also, watch Zelda when she detonates Din's. She'll do some hand movements just before it explodes.
This is true.

Typically Air Dodging is good enough - try it it's not very difficult. In the case for Pit, just hold out your Mirror Shield if you feel like you can't dodge Din's in time. Back air also works to cancel Din's Fire.
So if I air dodge and the projectile doesn't fly at like maximum speed past me, it won't be able to just like explode right after I airdodge? Because from my experience it can.

Mirror shield is asking you to explode it behind me.

The fact that moves actually cancel out din's is something I never knew, and is weird by nature.

Makes no sense to be in the game.

EDIT: Din's is not in the bottom five for overall usefullness (including the Earthbound kids Thunder)

Bottom 5 (1=Worst)

Pk Flash
Pk Freeze
Master Cutter
Popgun
Chef

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Peach's Nair is guaranteed to ALWAYS cancel Din's. Peach's dair, fair, uair, bair, parasol, and toad can also cancel 100% when done properly (it requires better timing and spacing). Ideally, Zelda won't be using Din's Fire near Peach so even if Zelda detonated Din's early, the ending lag and distance from the opponent would prevent follow ups.

There are very few moves that can't always cancel. One notable attack would be Sheik's Nair. Sheik isn't able to cancel a fresh, fully charged fireball but if Din's isn't fully charged or not completely fresh, then Sheik can cancel it.

Every character, minus Ice Climbers and Olimar have a skill that can cancel Din's Fire. Of course, those two can always airdodge, spotdodge, or shield.

It takes some time to get used to Din's. Perhaps you haven't had the chance to try, but I'm sure you'll be able to air dodge it correctly.

Yes Pit can be hit from behind so just be wary of Zelda's hand movements and act accordingly.

This video has some examples of Din's Fire being cancelled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rru95YGK8yg

See well Din's Fire is being handled?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Popgun has the lowest priority in the game.

Luigi's taunt kick will actually explode it if timed correctly.

It also never clashes with anything.

The ability of moves to cancel din's makes it a lot worse then I thought. Without it, din's is actually a good projectile (see: airdodge, spotdodge, and shield work with everything else too, usually to a lesser extent)

Hopefully is fixed in S4

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If you missed my edit, I suggest watching that video I just posted, Arcansi.

It's also a good game just to watch.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I did, and at least Din's fire makes peach approach.

If it wasn't cancellable, I swear.
I'm guessing Peach approached Zelda because Zelda, in the end, outcamps Peach.

Yeah I wish Din's couldn't be cancelled.

After watching it again, it looks like Peach's dash attack (along with her nair, uair, dair, bair, fair, toad, and parasol) can cancel Din's.

Did you see the way Zelda's Fsmash was DI'd out of?

Life's great as a Zelda main :)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I did, and at least Din's fire makes peach approach.

If it wasn't cancellable, I swear.

What about approaching?

edit - for the record Kev, since you asked like i duno how many pages back, i think you should stay Shielda over solo Zelda

:alien:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Priority isn't all that defines a projectile.

The fact is, popgun as a move is used all the time. That alone makes it better than moves such as PK Flash, PK Freeze, Chef, etc. Those moves are highly situational. Lumping popgun with them is just not right. It is very safe and applies pressure in an arced trajectory so as to force ground approaches. Perfect, just what a diddy wants.

It's a very good move at what it does.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I swear Zelda would be mid tier if all the Zeldas weren't all like "OMG ZELDA IS SO BAD SHE'S WORSE THAN NOLIMAR OMG"

I mean, that's the reason why Rob went down and Wolf went up so much.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Priority may not be everything but it might as well be for Din's Fire. Like in that video, Din's is so easy to beat it's laughable.

Zelda could be mid-tier material, shame that when the secret clubhouse voted on the rankings, the best vote Zelda got was from Ed at rank 30 (low tier still). He's probably one of the most optimistic Zelda players ever. Perhaps it's the player rather than the character?

Maybe I'll continue using Sheik. I just haven't felt like using her for the longest time.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Then another one shows up. Popgun isn't something you use once. Besides, the point isn't really to hit with projectiles, but to condition the opponent into a mistake.

Using a multihit move to break the peanut will oftentimes be punishable or will stale a good move.

Top Bottom