• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
no i didn't save any replays, the wii i'm using isn't hacked, but i can get stacksmash tomorrow i guess

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So, anyone planning on going down to the venue today?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That looks good to me. Keep in mind if you want to record and play on the TV at the same time you're going to need three 1 male to 2 female rca splitters. (About $30 in total)

The product seems to have a 2.5/5 review Amazon (half of them gave it the lowest possible rating). Given the hundreds of reviews it has, I'm sure it's somewhat accurate. It's also $7 on Amazon.com, but I'm not sure how much the shipping is. It is shipped from the USA rather than Hong Kong in that eBay listing.

I got my capture device, a Dazzle, at Future Shop for $50. Like the EasyCAP, it comes with the video editing software. Generally, it's very easy to use and the quality isn't too bad. The reviews for the Dazzle aren't that great either though.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah I kept hearing talk about Dazzle and it sounds ok, just the local electronics places don't have any in stock so i'd have to grab it Online.

Honestly I don't mind being limited to only recording as long as it gets the job done, Dazzle looks great and all but you know.. Xmas gifts. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'll probably grab that capturecard if I don't find anything better but I totally forgot to check Amazon, so i'll do that first.

:upsidedown:

edit - you mind linking me to that page?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I think the Dazzle is incredibly pricey but I thought it'd be worth it just to help you guys out with recording, and also getting critiques with my own games to hopefully improve myself. I went poor from Christmas shopping x_x

The Best Buy and Future Shop (in the Coquitlam Centre area) both have many Dazzles in stock. Future Shop is cheaper though by $10.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/EasyCAP-DC60-...uality/dp/B002H3BSCM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'll definitley have to check it out today then, my buddy who works at Futureshop told me they weren't in stock. What an ***. LOL. Gonna have to sandbag that guy later or something :awesome:

If all else fails i'll probably end up trying that easycap, I mean it's only $7 anyways. Thanks for the link btw!

Oh man it's gonna feel good to finally record my own replays.. I can actually start making progress on my combo video :alien:

oh and PS i'll upload your MM replays with Jason today/tonight and let you get those recorded, my b on the wait i've just been busy doing 21093489217421 things

Captain L

Smash Champion
I bought my dazzle from a friend for 20$

also let's try to make a BC smash combo video again.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Jason if we team which character would you use? Rob and Pika worked pretty well when Brian and I did it. Also mk pika works obvs, but if mk stays banned then that won't be possible.

also I'm rank 69 on tetris battle on facebook. Not sure if want to level up again.

Jason!

Smash Lord
Jason if we team which character would you use? Rob and Pika worked pretty well when Brian and I did it. Also mk pika works obvs, but if mk stays banned then that won't be possible.

also I'm rank 69 on tetris battle on facebook. Not sure if want to level up again.
Puff, ROB, and D3 are my doubles chars

Asa

Smash Hero
had some good games with courier today

he reflected my pkflash at the last second and i died at like 60 >_<

Captain L

Smash Champion
come on bryan that's the biggest noob ness mistake in the book

yeah Jason we're doing rob/pika. Stragety: plank each side of the map

Kantrip

Kantplay
Brilliant team strat. Landon sends up tbolts from the side to cover the ground on his end, Jason covers his side with gyros and then launches lazorz for air support :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That's got nothing on a double Din's team.

Bryan forgets to mention that he totally destroyed me during Wifi lol. Good games though :)

I'm considering becoming a pure Zelda main... but with Olimars running rampant in BC I am not sure if I should keep Sheik or Peach....

SKidd

Smash Master
why would you choose mario

he's like
the worst character in the game

inb4kevinsayszelda'smuchworse

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Mario and Zelda are like the opposite sides of the spectrum.

Mario's red and the best. Zelda's violet and the worst.

In short, Zelda's much worse.

Captain L

Smash Champion
but why do you guys try to brag about how bad your characters are?

Pikachu is pretty good!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What about Zelda can I brag about besides the fact she's nearly as non-viable as Ganondorf?

• Zelda is tall, making her a large target
  • Zelda is light, making it easy to KO her
  • Zelda is a slow faller, reducing her upward resistance
  • Slow movement on the ground and in the air
  • All specials suffer from ending lag (Farore's Wind has startup lag as well)
  • Good DI shuts down some of Zelda's best attacks
  • The lag/duration of many attacks allow Zelda to be easily punished
  • Grab has long startup lag
  • Projectile is slow and predictable
  • Very few approach options
  • No reliable way to force the opponent to approach
  • Aerial game and recovery requires very high precision; many blindspots and can't shield poke

Captain L

Smash Champion
remove the thing about the projectile, by definition it is one of the least predictable projectiles since you can still control it after you spawn it.

Thunder is still da bess projectile even if it's super predictable.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
remove the thing about the projectile, by definition it is one of the least predictable projectiles since you can still control it after you spawn it.

Thunder is still da bess projectile even if it's super predictable.
Din's Fire is only a threat if it's being sent towards you, and it's rather predictable when the fireball is being sent to you. Don't get me started about how every character can shut down Din's Fire...

Zelda is -1 vs. Yoshi. There is no way Yoshi is nearly as bad as Bowser and Ganondorf (in the Zelda matchup)...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Din's is one of the least predictable projectiles due to
1. The large variety of trajectories it can take (three projectiles have this, four if you include Mario's F.L.U.D.D.)
&
2. The fact that the time its hitbox comes out is variable by a large amount (only Din's has this.)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
First of all, why would Din's have any other trajectory than towards you?

Sure Zelda controls when the fireball detonates, but that doesn't mean you can't easily cancel Din's out with little effort. You know Din's will explode when the fireball is near you.

Why are we arguing about the worst projectile in the game especially against a person who mains the character that uses Din's Fire?

SKidd

Smash Master
you don't predict fludd

you just get pushed by it and then go back to playing the game

Top Bottom