• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well tiers clearly do not restrict who you use; this of course is a truism. The characters in every incarnation of Smash Bros. are unbalanced and this fact greatly sways many people's decisions as to who their main will be. (ie. Often, people choose high tiers simply because they are more viable in competitive play)

People who use low tiers, characters that struggle to compete with their peers and deal with constant uphill battles, deserve respect, especially the players that are very successful with their character. Yes the player willingly chose to make their battles uphill ones, but the fact still remains the player didn't take the easier way out and he or she put in the extra work necessary to perform well.

(I know this topic annoys the hell out of you guys. Pretty much I wish low tier characters would get some much needed attention. They are pretty entertaining to watch though, and are a nice respite from games involving higher tiered characters. Hopefully one day my Zelda can be a decent challenge to everybody :))

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I play for fun. I have my (8 or 9, depending on if you count the main) secondaries to deal with bad matchups.

But seriously, as it's been clearly shown, I don't play smash to win. I play just for fun.

For example, if I were playing to win, I'd do double DDD and infinite people non-stop in doubles. If I were playing for fun, I'd do double DDD and infinite people non-stop in doubles.

Crisis

Smash Ace
I agree. I just think a tier list is silly though. There are obviously better characters and worse characters but there's no definite way to rank them. All that does is encourage new players to pick up top tiers.

also also also I realize I'm glad Zelda isn't really good. I can imagine her with a better faster din's fire, coupled with annoying multihit smash attacks = more annoying version of olimar @_@

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Arcansi, to be honest, I am slowly losing any respect I have for you. Dawson clearly said that he had the replays on his wii, but he had to go to New York (and just got back a couple of days ago). He has not had the time to put up the vids yet. So seriously, chill out. The vids will be posted when they are posted. In the mean time, just wait. Your complaining is REALLY getting annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
That was a joke....

/lifeofamememe

:fluttershy:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Matchup chart coming out on Saturday or Sunday.

Hoping it's going to be good. There's only one Zelda main in the Zelda panel (out of 4)... and yes there's lots of lovely Zelda drama going on in the matchup thread :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda and Ganondorf. Guaranteed even though the chart is going to say Jigglypuff and Zelda are even.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I hope she has no positive matchups, and is at the bottom of the tier list. That makes winning with her all the more sweeter. Wait, where have I heard that before? ;)
Unfortunately the sad reality is that Jigglypuff *does* have positive matchups, unlike Zelda. ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Caiden, if we're ever at the same tournament and there's low tier doubles... let's team up! :D

| Big D |

Smash Master
That totally needs to be a side event, but it might end up like the thought of MK banned side events. Whether the side event or the actual doubles mean more. Too much controversy.

But ya, let's do it.

Captain L

Smash Champion
hey Jake

when's the next tournament?

Also Jason wanna team for that one? I have a feeling we'd do well

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
maybe if we're lucky he'll have a new john

btw smashfest tomorrow who'd go?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
oh and i just wanted to announce i think i found my low tier
Falcon doesn't count cause i second him
and he's amazing
ololololololololol
:mariobrawl: :mariobrawl: :mariobrawl: :mariobrawl: :mariobrawl: :mariobrawl: :mariobrawl:

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I BECOME

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'd be up for tomorrow if more people are willing to come.

The melee people plan on going tomorrow as well. Sigh.

Wasn't their Smashfest venue at Press Start? o.o

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's in New West. A minute or two walking distance from Columbia Skytrain Station.

Captain L

Smash Champion
DDD infinites himself, therefore he hard counters himself.

(I'm pretty sure I saw somebody try to use that in a legitimate debate)

Top Bottom