• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Crisis

Smash Ace
i don't think the ban will have much of an effect on our small community really...
we have 4 mks at most, and not all of them show up.

so it's really up to whether everyone hates playing the few 1 or 2 mks that much

i dont mind either way, although i dont want to face hng/breez's falco...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Newbie here.

Why does it even matter whether or not we follow the Unity rules? We should make our own rules. :)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
With the Unity ruleset being already bat**** crazy enough, and with the addition of the /********/ mk ban, especially so late into brawl's life, as well as the impacts on decision making for future smash games, I will not be attending any Unity ruleset brawl tournaments, regardless of circumstances.

idk how much that matters to you guys, since I haven't attended in a year anyway, but if it does, then that's 1 less person who will not be attending any longer, assuming that bc brawl adopts this new rule.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You've never changed your views on the game since '09, have you Mercain? I know that people fear change, as I once did when I first transitioned over from Melee, and that fear can bring about unwarranted hate/disdain/rejection; but I don't believe that banning MK was the wrong decision to be honest. I think it is finally time for this game's respective metagame to take a new route.

Why fault a community for wanting to change and finally taking action, honestly? Why not at least try what comes next?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwFYN33Pm8o

Made in 2007

Edit: yes, I probably already linked this before.

Edit edit: The entire purpose of that post was basically to see if the "last edited by" was in effect no matter how soon you posted, but I wanted to make a somewhat relevant post at the same time, and melee is better than brawl, and 64 is better than melee, so therefore 64 is better than brawl, and 2+2=5, and therefore, I am the walrus.

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
Welp, looks like I'm choosing a terrible time to get into Brawl, community looks like nothing, but i live in BC and I want to find people to play against who will beat me over and over. are there any venues with consistent brawl play days or anything like that in the vancouver area?

SKidd

Smash Master
We average one tourney a month, and usually a few smashfests in between.

Our October monthly's date is yet to be told.

Any other questions?

Captain L

Smash Champion
hey hey, two or three people quitting does not make the community dead.

Firefly, myself, Skidd, Kantrip, Breez, Crisis, Courier, Big D, Blunted object, and more are still regulars for all the mainland events. We even get people from Vancouver Island coming for larger events too. Also Asa comes all the way from Hawaii cause he's that dedicated.

And the tourneys are in coquitlam, hopefully that's close enough for you.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Welp, looks like I'm choosing a terrible time to get into Brawl, community looks like nothing, but i live in BC and I want to find people to play against who will beat me over and over. are there any venues with consistent brawl play days or anything like that in the vancouver area?
we should play some time

but i dont have my copy of brawl.

we'll see :p

Captain L

Smash Champion
I didn't include rob or brian because I included them within the "2 or 3 people who might be quitting"

I included big D because he plans to come to like every tourney I was pretty sure. I would've counted myself as a regular after my second tourney, cause from then on I planned to go to all of them (and succeeded). Caiden I wasn't sure about because he seemed like he was gonna quit from the talk in the phoenix results thread, but I guess I should've included both him and Travis.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How is Big D a regular, he's been to like 2 tournaments.
How is Courier a regular, he's been to like 1 tournaments and he has work meaning he can't actually participate in tournaments.

It's consistent to the point that we have an event every month and random smashfests from time to time, like Skidd told you. You should come anyway, you might like it. :)

And... who do you use?

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
I live on the border of coquitlam/poco but i don't mind taking transit for smash so location isn't much of an issue. i have a wii i can bring w/ a copy of brawl to any events. and an sd card with balanced brawl if any of you are into kinky stuff.

i main olimar and d3.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol that makes three people using Olimar...

At least you're close to the venue (which is actually in Poco.) Hope to see you at the next monthly!

Random thing I learned recently... in UK and Canadian English the ending punctuation goes inside the parentheses. Also in APA style writing, there's only one space after a period. :(

:phone:

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
be gentle with me as I have very little competitive experience... lol jk, bend me over etc.

i also have two friends who'll probably follow me to the next monthly (pit and kirby

Asa

Smash Hero
I live on the border of coquitlam/poco but i don't mind taking transit for smash so location isn't much of an issue. i have a wii i can bring w/ a copy of brawl to any events. and an sd card with balanced brawl if any of you are into kinky stuff.

i main olimar and d3.
Ay yo circle_jerk
I'll train you with olimar ;) I'm pretty bad but i can give you a little advice

Lol that makes three people using Olimar...

:phone:
3? wtf.. there's only two

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I will never understand how you guys see the world.

You've adapted to something that doesn't exist anymore, and almost refuse to unadapt once it is gone.

It's almost like a tradition of cutting off your own arm so you use less energy being carried over from a native tribe to life now (assuming the ritual was useful, etc.)

I just don't get it.

Also living here sucks.

Asa

Smash Hero
you'll never understand becuase we have sharingan, you're just a byakugan

SKidd

Smash Master
You spelled Alphicians wrong.

We should have a vote if we should ban MK or not :D

Top Bottom