• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Guys, talking to Trevor (the Karupin Trevor, not that other random noob Trevor), he said that if MK is banned, he may play competitive brawl again. So... another curveball thrown :p

So now as far as attendance goes:

MK banned means you have me and Trevor.

MK legal means you have Ben.

edit: Trevor says: "You shouldnt be watching school days skidd. And I saw some 7 year old kid who looks older than you."

Kantrip

Kantplay
I was talking to rob (the awesome rob, not the random noob one who lives on the island), and he said "BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEP!"

:rob:

:troll:

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Trevor the metaknight main, will return if his main is dismissed. makes sense.

Rob, you should join me in using a different character in every tournament you are at from now until February. One character, and only one.

Drake12

Smash Ace
I've been through this MK arguement so many times now. In my opinion can we please leave it at bay for a while?
Whether we should or not, other places will carry an influence to what BC does. It's unavoidable. If Alberta, Washington, Toronto and majourity of North America it'll carry an impact I'm sure. Same if it's the other way around...it's just to easy to go with the flow.
Also, arguing online is stupid...very stupid. Theres no point, you can just go into selective hearing and argue one sentence out of a paragraph while ignoring facts one way or another.

My opinion is to wait for this monthly, or next one, or the one after and show up an hour or so early to talk this through. See where people stand with the issue, and how the rest of north america stands.

I'm trying to stay unbiased when saying that. That's what I think would be healthiest and a good way to handle the obviously fragile situation.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
By the way, I met two people today at Big D's place and told them to register at SWF and join the community. Here's hoping they actually do. :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I agree with waiting a bit to make our own decision. I think we should have at least one monthly with mk and one monthly without mk that we can compare to each other.

Hey Kevin, who did they play?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Cool stuff. I heard BC is only doing mid tier tourneys from now on, so as to completely ignore the MK issue. :awesome:

and because Jake plays mid tiers

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am pro ban because I think MK type issues negatively affect other characters. A lgl was made for MK originally, but then people thought it'd be alright to enforce a global lgl as to not create a double standard. MK also makes people want to ban RC and brinstar, even though they are great, non-broken, CPs for many other characters. A metaknight ban will most likely cause a great spike in character diversity, and it'll be really hard to say what character will dominate now. Overall I think MK getting banned is good for the game, but I don't think it was exactly warranted.

Also I find it really funny that Jake JUST decided to play a lot more MK seriously. I guess you're destined to be yoshi forever Jake.

Top Bottom