• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Drake12

Smash Ace
Breez, you bull****ting me?! I'd be pumped if you were onboard, I just wouldn't have seen it coming at all.

Saturdays please, it'd be almost impossible for me to go if it was on sundays.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Saturdays are fine for me actually, it's just me being selfish and wanting to join tournaments which I'm unable to do on Saturdays. But I"ll definitely still pop in after work.

SKidd

Smash Master
Assuming price means something sexual...

You have a girlfriend, you know.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Saturday plz. Sundays just don't work.

Oh and why oh why must we have so many Diddys an Olimars?

Courier: Main DDD, Sakurai voiced him therefor...

breez

Smash Ace
If MK is going to be banned or at least semi-banned I am planning on picking up another secondary. Life sucks. but I like the community too much to completely give up on the game. If I stop having fun because everyone else is so far ahead of me then I might have to change my mind, but asa picked up olimar fast enough!

It's probably between diddy, falco, and to a lesser extent snake. Anyone have any more suggestions?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm on my way Ben. I should be there in 9 hours, assuming I make the last ferry.

You used to play Snake fairly well way back when (like 2 years ago). But yeah, just try someone and see if you like them. I myself am going to be using new-ish or my weaker characters at upcoming mainland tournaments, so yeah :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
BC needs more mid/low tiers. No more of this high tier crap.

At the next event, we should take pictures and post them on the OP so we don't look as intimidating to potential newcomers. I'm looking at you, 7 guests viewing this thread.

Drake12

Smash Ace
If MK is going to be banned or at least semi-banned I am planning on picking up another secondary. Life sucks. but I like the community too much to completely give up on the game. If I stop having fun because everyone else is so far ahead of me then I might have to change my mind, but asa picked up olimar fast enough!

It's probably between diddy, falco, and to a lesser extent snake. Anyone have any more suggestions?
Don't be stuck on them high tiers bro. A strong influence in where they are is MK. Heck, even a character like lucario is pretty potent, minus snake/ddd.
Someone like ZSS is only bad against falco.
Use whoever your comfortable with, thats how I got my little Robot :)
Go diddy if your the most comfortable with him though, I guess.

breez

Smash Ace
Don't be stuck on them high tiers bro. A strong influence in where they are is MK. Heck, even a character like lucario is pretty potent, minus snake/ddd.
Someone like ZSS is only bad against falco.
Use whoever your comfortable with, thats how I got my little Robot :)
Go diddy if your the most comfortable with him though, I guess.
I always thought diddy was really cool, but he is definitely my least used high tier.

The tiers don't really affect my decision at all. I've always had a lot of fun playing falco, he has a movement style that really suits me.

ROB was probably high tier when you chose him too!

Kantrip

Kantplay
I chose diddy before I knew what tiers were. I only stuck to him because he was like mid tier.

Now that he's the very best, I'm switching :awesome:

SKidd

Smash Master
I chose Mario before I knew what tiers were.

In Melee, I chose Fox, because he's top tier.

Oh, me.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Psh, I chose Zelda before Brawl even came out. Sheik came because I realized I needed him/her, especially against Zelda's -4 matchups.

KillLock

Smash Lord
No worries Ben, even though MK is getting banned, I thoroughly believe you as a player have the skills to still be a top level player, especially in BC. Just play more and you'll see the results. I think whatever character you pick up will be just as good as your MK in due time.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My first brawl character was Yoshi because it was Yoshi. Once I unlocked GaW, I used him and stuck to him since. I picked up GaW because he was my melee main. So... that said, I've legitimately been a GaW for like 5 years before brawl came out :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I used Ness during the N64 generation. Elementary school kid playing a kid with a pro baseball bat and healing powers? Too good.

When Melee came out, they made Ness' PK fire into Side B and I found it so awkward and dropped him. I played around and thought Nayru's Love was the best skill ever so I used Zelda since then, with Roy as a second since he had a pro fire sword, lol. Funnily enough, Nayru's Love is 10x better in Brawl, and for those that have played me recently you'd know why. :)

Out of nostalgia though, I do have a pocket Ness in Brawl though I rarely use him. And like Rob, I can say I've used Zelda pretty much since the inception of Melee.

/lifestory

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nayru's Love only does everything!

Attack, reflector, spacing tool, recovery, fast fall, momentum cancel, suicide tool, and probably more. :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh Rob, you've missed the numerous Pony related titles the Zelda Social Thread has had. >_>

By the way I see you Aaron, start going on MSN more! At least half of us have MSN :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Think I said it before but I watched episodes 1 and 2 of My Little Pony. The most interesting character is Nightmare Moon, by far. But she de-aged and turned good meaning there's no more reason to watch the show. :(

Drake12

Smash Ace
I always thought diddy was really cool, but he is definitely my least used high tier.

The tiers don't really affect my decision at all. I've always had a lot of fun playing falco, he has a movement style that really suits me.

ROB was probably high tier when you chose him too!
Lol, I didn't even know what a tier was when I got into ROB. When I starting maining him I also believed that pit should be banned and was to good :/

It's funny because since you started using Diddy, your 5 most used characters were also the 5 best characters. :awesome:

:005:
Thats why I said what I said, lol. I love them mid tiers :)
Makes me ask what a tier list would look like without MK. Someone like TL I think would move upwards, same as lucario

Top Bottom