• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
you can just go into selective hearing and argue one sentence out of a paragraph while ignoring facts one way or another.
This is not really accurate. If someone selects only one line and argues against only that one line successfully, then you can assume that the rest of the post could be easily argued against and can be ignored.

therefore, the rest of your entire post can be ignored

lol jk :p

The ban isn't in full effect until January 9th (not that that affects when we should/will choose whether or not to ban him). However, we can, as I suggested earlier, try a MK banned tournament, a MK legal tournament, and maybe try the semi-ban suggestion I made, where in a best of 3, you can only use MK once, and in a best of 5, you can use MK up to 2 times.

Either way, bottom line, we still have lots of time to figure it out. We can, if we really feel like it, take as long as we want. By January 9th, we'll know what the other regions are doing, but we really don't need to decide until September 9th, 2099 if we really feel like it (over-exaggerating, but you get the point).

So, in the meantime, lets do exactly what Drake said and drop the MK discussion and talk about something more happy and joyful, like PONIES!!!

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Rob, we should inform each other of which character we are going to use at each tournament so we don't show up using the same one. It'll be awkward enough with us both wearing the same dress.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Rather than talking about MK, how about we talk about the next monthly?

Also, wtf did I just watch?... Is this a match that was somehow programmed? Looks like ZSS lost the match in the end though.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Rather than talking about MK, how about we talk about the next monthly?

Also, wtf did I just watch?... Is this a match that was somehow programmed? Looks like ZSS lost the match in the end though.
Ever hear of a "TAS"? IT's tool assisted, and it was planned. Just something cool to watch. They used a program to probably fix the mistakes they made, slow it down in order to tech and do some crazy DI and all that jazz.

It can also be in any game, here's an example of another fun one.
Everything in here you can do in your own game if you own it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvY1MNF26-w

Asa

Smash Hero
Atm no one here goes to ubc. try going to one of the cvgl meetings to find some ppl to meet up with at a later date :)

also why'd you miss the greyhound :glare:

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know the exact location of the bus. I would've called you Asa, but you didn't have a working cell phone. I couldn't reach Eric, and Ben didn't know where the bus was either.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Ever hear of a "TAS"? IT's tool assisted, and it was planned. Just something cool to watch. They used a program to probably fix the mistakes they made, slow it down in order to tech and do some crazy DI and all that jazz.
Even so, some of the stuff (like the 1 hitting way below G&W, or ZSS managing to cancle a bombs knockback.) makes no sense at all.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow, it's pretty serious in here especially since we're taking about something that was supposed to "lighten the mood".

Being the terrible Sheilda player that I am, I think I should pick up a secondary or at least a few people to fool around with. Any suggestions?

[COLLAPSE="lol"]Yes, shameful advertising. Also, inb4attentionwhoring

I hate this last edited bar. Make it go away :([/COLLAPSE]

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So guys, who wants to set up an event (I'll of course help as much as I can) sometime this long weekend?

It looks like Jake has disappeared for the time being but that doesn't mean we can't set something without him!

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
But Rob, you can only do that once, since we can only use one character per tournament.

Mfw I beat Ben with Toon Link and take all of his booze money

breez

Smash Ace
Top 4 at the next tournament, in no particular order:

Breez :diddybrawl:
Blue Yoshi :diddybrawl:
Kantrip :diddybrawl:
Sushi :diddybrawl:
Nono Rob, in order to epicly troll me, you would allow me to get all the way to grand finals on a diddy pwning spree, and then take away my sweet victory in derpy diddy dittos.

10sads ):

breez

Smash Ace
And since I have to use a different character every tournament:

The next tournament top 4, in no particular order:

Asa :olimarbrawl:
Deap :olimarbrawl:
Rob :olimarbrawl:
Circle_Breaker :olimarbrawl:
Asa is going to be at the next next tournament?!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I can't tell if Ben is trolling or not. :x

Sorry for my inactivity. I went to Gameclucks with Bryan over the weekend (left Friday afternoon, got back Sunday afternoon), and I was going to make a post on the MK ban issue yesterday evening...but then we seem to have come to the concensus that we should leave it be for now and discuss it more in person. So I left it. =P

As for the next event, I'm thinking the 15th or the 29th. I'm omitting the 22nd for no reason other than because I'm being bombarded by midterms/assignments the Monday/Tuesday after, and scheduling a monthly for that date would make my life miserable. =3 We could do it if it's our only option, but I really don't want to, lol. I'm leaning more towards the 29th ATM because it gives more advance notice, but it depends on what works for you guys.

P.S. - Is Sunday unacceptable for any of you? It doesn't bother me too much, and some people prefer it over Saturday.

g2g to class now~

Edit: wtf I would totally place top 4 if we did Diddy only. D=

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
And then the next tournament after that (in no particular order):

Tero :ganonbrawl:
GrapE :zeldabrawl:
Rob :jigglypuffbrawl:
Defender :bowserbrawl:

Island = Low Tier **** Team

Edit: I can't show up Sunday at all.