• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

breez

Smash Ace
I was going to do that, but then I decided I didn't like how he played at all.
I actually mained olimar for about a month.

True story.

Can I actually start a (serious) poll on which character I should main?

I don't support an MK ban at all, but I support smash bros. If this is the way the community has decided the game should go, I feel like I should support it. I love MK to bits, and hopefully he comes back one day, but I don't want to be the one guy in BC holding back the MK ban. I feel like (even though I don't believe in it) that any of my wins will somehow mean less now too.

I guess we are just going to have to feel out what happens within the next couple of months. In the meantime I will be trying out a secondary :)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
I actually mained olimar for about a month.

True story.

Can I actually start a (serious) poll on which character I should main?

I don't support an MK ban at all, but I support smash bros. If this is the way the community has decided the game should go, I feel like I should support it. I love MK to bits, and hopefully he comes back one day, but I don't want to be the one guy in BC holding back the MK ban. I feel like (even though I don't believe in it) that any of my wins will somehow mean less now too.

I guess we are just going to have to feel out what happens within the next couple of months. In the meantime I will be trying out a secondary :)
you are not the only one holding the MK ban;)

also ben, i would suggest you to keep ur snake

| Big D |

Smash Master
If you are interested in using Snake I'd recommend him. Although I am biased as a Snake main myself, but I think it would be interesting and we could share stuff ya know ;)

breez

Smash Ace
Actually, i'm not interested in snake. Peach is cool, but I don't think she is really for me. Lucario seems interesting though!

edit: I also LOVE tink. He's probably second in line after diddy personally.

I do want to see what other players say though. If I get any really good ideas I will definitely give it a shot.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I will break the rules and use MK against you if you try to use Toon Link. :glare:

Seriously, wtf is with all this talk about using TL? You guys are all out to get me, I swear.

inb4everyoneupvotestl

:005:

breez

Smash Ace
The only thing keeping me away from diddy is the massive influx of diddy players lately. I've always thought he was awesome and that I would love to play him, but I didn't have the time or patience to play and practice him before. The technical skill of felix the first time he ***** me at G.O 2.0 blew me (away). I was wanting to take smash more seriously and SC2 less seriously, so having a character who is a bit of a challenge to practice sounds fun.

Uncle Ben?

I'm old enough to have fathered skidd.

Yeah.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I kinda feel the same way about Diddy, but for me, it was more an issue of not having a Wii to practice on for most of the year, and when I do, I'd rather be practicing my techskill with Yoshi than with Diddy.

I think the clear solution to this is to do some 99 stock Diddy dittos. =P I'd need a new secondary to deal with crap like TL anyway, and Diddy is the only high tier aside from MK I already have some reasonable amount of experience with. I'd probably put more serious effort into my DK as well, seeing how if MK is gone, he will become my 2nd best character.

:005:

Asa

Smash Hero
Goodbye bc, I'll see you guys in a year. Probably gonna take a break after apex if I end up going.

Dat timeskip

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ben, my suggestions of characters I think you would enjoy maining considering past characters you've played and characters you seem to have an interest in:

Diddy, Snake, Marth, Lucario, Fox, Falcon (low tiers).

But my vote goes for Toon Link :troll:

Edit: But Asa, what about our lolimar FFA between me, you, Deap, and the new guy? :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Serious Poll
Peach +2
Toon Link +2
Lucario +2
Snake +2
Diddy +2
Marth +1
Fox +1
Falco +1
Captain Falcon +1

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Serious Poll
Diddy +3
Toon Link +2
Lucario +2
Fox +2
Falco +2
Captain Falcon +1
Sheik +1

Disqualified
Peach +2
Snake +2
Marth +1

I have way too much free time on my hands :x

Asa

Smash Hero
also the falcon was there for low tiers so he shouldn't be included either lol

this reminds me of the illmatic's new main vote

Captain L

Smash Champion
so I'm in Ottawa...

My only goal before I leave is to drink some bagged milk.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, if you want to play characters that counter BC's "scariest" characters, here are the characters who matchup-wise have the best matchups vs BC's highest-ranked characters (using the matchup chart):

Diddy, Snake, Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, GaW, Toon Link, Peach.

Other characters with overall decent matchups, or that one suicidal matchup:

Falco (beware of Pikachu... Landon)
Lucario (decent matchups, some negatives, but none really bad)
DDD (Landon's Pikachu again)
Fox (Some really good matchups, some awful matchups... make sure you have a secondary if you main Fox)
Pit (his matchups vs BC's top are mostly even)

So... if you want to choose based on matchups, that's somewhat of a summary.

I excluded Olimar from the BC's top characters, since Asa is leaving, and Deap is a noob Deap isn't back yet.

Edit: Possible Island vs Mainland low tier only crew battle???

Top Bottom