• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Crisis

Smash Ace
CRISIS, can you drive me to the next monthlyyyy??

:phone:
I have work on monday, and if I take the day off I would have to bus.
lol I should give a Deap a ride too if I'm driving. :smash:

Any word on the bi-weekly's at the venue?
I think there's a lack of interest o_0.

am I missing something?
Working Monday, Friday and Saturday morning but you guys can have one without me. :smash:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'll probably be back after a few days but can't say anything for sure. Anything but Saturday are best times for me, too.

Captain L

Smash Champion
oh why nott :(

so umm... Tuesday then if it means sinister can come (and by extension drive HNG and deap)

Arcansi I need to know for sure you'd be able to make a tournament if I'm going to switch the date for you. It's a very expensive trip from what I understand, so I'd recommend you come to the big tournament we're going to have in September. The august monthly will have maybe 10 people, 15 at most. The September tournament will have like 30+.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Also, Arcansi, if you went in September, you could likely travel with myself and maybe IHT if he decides to go. Probably a better option than going alone to your first tournament, if that's what you plan.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
CRISIS, can you drive me to the next monthlyyyy??

:phone:
Come to Braid and I'll take you from there. I can take up to 4 people.

I'm a safe driver, besides the time when Rob tried to get in the car and I started driving away. :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm here's another idea. What about next Monday since it's BC Day and everybody will get the day off! (Assuming Home Video is open also)

And... who wants to visit the Night Market sometime? :)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Hm here's another idea. What about next Monday since it's BC Day and everybody will get the day off!

And... who wants to visit the Night Market sometime? :)
Agreed. This is the ONLY day I can attend to, and of course weekends. But Home Video might be closed if everyone gets the day off.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Here is my status on an August tournament:

1. I will not attend a tournament where I am working the day of the tournament (I will not book time off, so I will be a "game time" decision.

2. I will not attend if I am working the day after, unless I have enough time to make it to work (ferry etc.)

3. If I can't arrive the day before (e.g. I work until past the last ferry leaves), then it will depend on how long I am staying there (which basically depends on if I am working the next day or if the person housing me needs to leave at 10 am for example).

4. I will only go if I have confirmed housing more than one hour before I leave >_> (you know what I mean...).

5. Attendance has to be decent enough.

6. There is a smash 64 side event of at least pi entrants.

7. There will be a melee set-up at some point during the tournament.

8. If there is a random character random (legal) stage event, I will be more likely to show up.

9. The next nine people after this post have a number 9 in some way inside the text of their post.

Captain L

Smash Champion
if you want a BC day tournament I'll be in Mexico that day, so somebody else will have to run it. It's not hard, just learn how to make brackets better than I did and you'll be fine :p

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Kk, I'll wait for the Sept one as I likely have no way of reasonably getting there without Grape/IHT's help.

@Grape/IHT, either of you know of The Linc in Courtenay? Me and some friends hang out and play smash there on Saturdays, and I would be willing to go pretty much any day of the week (sans Friday) if you guys would.

Be nice to meet you, play some smash etc.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
what is this "linc"? I might be willing to go one day. I sometimes go up to Campbell River to see Kyle, so I could spend an extra day and go with you guys there.

That is, of course, assuming I don't have work on any of those days... :p

Arcansi

Smash Champion
what is this "linc"? I might be willing to go one day. I sometimes go up to Campbell River to see Kyle, so I could spend an extra day and go with you guys there.

That is, of course, assuming I don't have work on any of those days... :p
It's basically a youth center, it costs $2 to go ($4 if your over 18 or something)

They have 2 TV's, some computers, an indoor skate park and a concession.

It's right near town though so there's tons of options for food.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Random character event would be sick. I want to learn to play melee. BC Day works for me I think. None of these posts contained the number rob asked for.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
點解大家都咁鍾意傾SmashBros啲嘢嘅? 喺唔喺冇其他嘢來傾啊?

qq

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I could probably make BC Day, only thing I could see happening is something lame like celebrating amazing BC
with certain BC grown plants
, but I should be good.

Also Deap doesn't count so 4/9

Captain L

Smash Champion
7 weeks = August 7th?

Deap are you sure you don't mean September 7th

5/9, why not

| Big D |

Smash Master
Can anyone recommend some victory music for brawl? Not the character specific victory but for after. I have Peach's castle as a BG right now for the results.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I see you're canto aleate...

Can I have a ride too? :c

edit: oh and 3/9
I can speak Canto, but I'm Mainland :)

Only requirements for a ride is that you let me know at least the night before and that I will actually be going to Home Video :x

7/9?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Maybe the odds of me showing up will improve if the next 9 posts are made by 9 different people... :p
1. Crimson Feint
2. SKidd
3. Crisis
4. Deap
5. Sinister
6. Captain L
7. Deap
8. HNG
9. MarioMaster2005
10. T-block

Looks like Deap ruined it (T-Block would have been #9), meaning he doesn't want me to come back to another tournament. I thought we were friends... :( now I'm too upset to come to another tournament.

thinks of some other random pointless "challenge"...

Maybe if someone can successfully state who my favourite (not necessarily best) characters are to play as in each smash game (one per game) in the same post (one 64 char, one melee char, one brawl char), then I'll think someone actually does care about me, and I'll be more interested in coming to a smash tournament... :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Anybody wanna meet up tomorrow and do something non-Smash Bros related? I got nothing to do tomorrow.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rob, you missed where it was explicitly stated that Deap does not count. This makes T-block 8th and Killock 9th, thus fulfilling your challenge?

Also, in regards to your next challenge: Captain falcon, captain falcon, captain falcon.

EDIT: Also, that list you posted is the next tourney's results :awesome:

(with Deap placing twice and everything)

Top Bottom