• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SKidd

Smash Master
1. CrimsonFeint (DeDeDe)
2. SKidd (Mario)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But anyway, Random, Random, and Random.

Captain L

Smash Champion
just a friendly reminder that I am indeed leaving in 2 days so if I'm going to be running an August monthly it should be booked before then.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So does the 1st work for everyone?

You'd need to put me as unconfirmed but I could probably make it.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm gonna say....

Jigglypuff for smash 64
G&W for melee
Jigglypuff for Brawl
One right, two wrong.

Rob, you missed where it was explicitly stated that Deap does not count. This makes T-block 8th and Killock 9th, thus fulfilling your challenge?

Also, in regards to your next challenge: Captain falcon, captain falcon, captain falcon.

EDIT: Also, that list you posted is the next tourney's results :awesome:

(with Deap placing twice and everything)
I never said Deap's posts did not count (and to be honest, I made that challenge fully expecting Deap to make it fail lol).

As for your guess: One right, two wrong.

So, if those are the next tournament's results, are you assuming I am not showing up? ;)

1. CrimsonFeint (DeDeDe)
2. SKidd (Mario)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But anyway, Random, Random, and Random.
As much as I would say that is correct, I am actually looking for my specific favourite characters :p

I had made a post very similar to this, and my internet cut out, making me lose that post :(. Hopefully this one stays in tact... (copying before posting...).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Showing 1 of 1 friends.

>Basil

Lol, just in case...

But anyways, welcome to our brawl community! I hope to see you as well. :awesome:

:phone:

Captain L

Smash Champion
my next guess would've been falcon for 64, pichu for melee, jigglypuff for brawl. I get the feeling though that Grape is actually right with kirby for melee.

I was pretty excited when I saw Basil as the most recent post.

And remember I can't host if it's August 1st! So if that's the date that works best for you guys somebody else pleaseeeee step up and host.

Crisis

Smash Ace
I nominate... HNG? Blue Yoshi?

we should have two events in august .
and lower the price of singles + doubles.

Hey, I'm from Deep Cove and am pretty new to the brawl community. I hope to see everybody in the future events
Just googled where that was =P. Whom do you main?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Looking at his recent posts, I will assume he mains Pit.

And Landon is correct (Falcon 64, Pichu melee, Jigglypuff brawl). So that means one of nine factors have been fulfilled...

Here is my status on an August tournament:

1. I will not attend a tournament where I am working the day of the tournament (I will not book time off, so I will be a "game time" decision.

2. I will not attend if I am working the day after, unless I have enough time to make it to work (ferry etc.)

3. If I can't arrive the day before (e.g. I work until past the last ferry leaves), then it will depend on how long I am staying there (which basically depends on if I am working the next day or if the person housing me needs to leave at 10 am for example).

4. I will only go if I have confirmed housing more than one hour before I leave >_> (you know what I mean...).

5. Attendance has to be decent enough.

6. There is a smash 64 side event of at least pi entrants.

7. There will be a melee set-up at some point during the tournament.

8. If there is a random character random (legal) stage event, I will be more likely to show up.

9. The next nine people after this post have a number 9 in some way inside the text of their post. Edited to a different task, completed by Landon
only 8 of 9 left to get a pass before I can confirm I will show up :p

Edit: And not to hammer at the same (or old) topic, but I talked to a few islanders recently, and some said that if Meta Knight was banned from BC play, they might come back to mainland brawl tournaments. I won't name them unless they allow me to (none of which have told me I could). Though whether they do come back or not, I don't know. Just something I thought I'd mention (one wanted me to say this anonymously).

Captain L

Smash Champion
as of earlier today, I'm arriving back two days earlier than I would've been before, so a tournament on Saturday the 13th is viable in case people still are interested. If I end up hosting again I can confirm #8, if SKidd comes and brings melee like he always done that fulfills #7, if Crimsonfeint comes and one more random person decides to join smash 64, that's confirmed as well. The rest of those 9 things I have no control over (other than arguably controlling whether or not you're working by choosing the date accordingly).

edit: Also, since Deap won't be coming if the tournament is after I get back, and HNG is apparently fine with a BC ban on MK, we could always just have an MK banned August monthly if that is what the community wants. I'm also just assuming Ben won't show up.

for the phoenix event in september however he should definitely be legal

Arcansi

Smash Champion
as of earlier today, I'm arriving back two days earlier than I would've been before, so a tournament on Saturday the 13th is viable in case people still are interested. If I end up hosting again I can confirm #8, if SKidd comes and brings melee like he always done that fulfills #7, if Crimsonfeint comes and one more random person decides to join smash 64, that's confirmed as well. The rest of those 9 things I have no control over (other than arguably controlling whether or not you're working by choosing the date accordingly).

edit: Also, since Deap won't be coming if the tournament is after I get back, and HNG is apparently fine with a BC ban on MK, we could always just have an MK banned August monthly if that is what the community wants. I'm also just assuming Ben won't show up.

for the phoenix event in september however he should definitely be legal

We could make MK banned a regular side-event, couldn't we?

Captain L

Smash Champion
people would take that side event with varying levels of seriousness. Also, for 90% of the community it would not be any different than normal singles, so why are we just doing a rerun?

MKs almost never even win our tournies since clouderz left.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Apparently some regions have already banned MK. I was browsing through some threads and saw at least two regions in the states that are MK banned and a TO that is planning on running an MK-banned national.

We could easily run an MK-banned monthly. I really don't have any more trouble with MK over other characters (as I don't know match ups at all), but I think it's something that we should vote on for our August monthly. Phoenix can be regular.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay, last attempt to be *actually* social with you guys.

Daniel and I (and possibly Eric) are gonna go to the Night Market on *next* Saturday evening/night. Anybody else wanna come with us?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sorry Aleate, I've got D&D Saturday.

Are we not worth being *actually* social with? :(
But I just extended an invitation to you guys. Otherwise, I'll continue my assumption that nothing but Smash Bros. talk goes on in here.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I never considered hanging out with other smash players for purposes other than smash itself :O

That said, obviously I can't go. Sounds fun though! :bee:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Deap says that the most out of anyone, and admitted to not posting because we were talking about things other than smash.

I see his name on your little attendance list there :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I never considered hanging out with other smash players for purposes other than smash itself :O

That said, obviously I can't go. Sounds fun though! :bee:
Well what happens when nobody wants to play Smash Bros. anymore? I hope you guys won't part ways and never see/speak to each other afterward.

Deap says that the most out of anyone, and admitted to not posting because we were talking about things other than smash.

I see his name on your little attendance list there :p
Well, everybody here has a varying degree of interest in the game. For me and perhaps some others, there's more to my life than to attempt to get "Sheik's DACUS right 10 times in a row". But yeah, I'm not scary and I can definitely drive if you're willing to get picked up at Braid Station.

Top Bottom