• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So guys, is there going to be another meetup next month? If so, I nominate 14th Aug to be the date of the next tourney :)

Captain L

Smash Champion
I get back from my cruise on Friday the 12th. I would love to run a tournament the weekend right after I get back, but unfortunately my Mom won't let me because it's 'too soon after I get back.' My question is why she even cares since she's not even going on the cruise, but I have a very poor record of contesting her decisions. I will keep trying though. On another note, she's adamant about me not hosting or attending Sunday tournaments...

If somebody else wants to host that weekend, the spot is open. Otherwise, Saturday the 20th is the first date I'll be able to do it.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
AWW the 21st is my birthday!

Why won't she let you hold Sunday tournies?

I would like something around the weekend of the 20th because (other then its my birthday) I have a decent amount of time to earn some money to go to the tournament.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Pretty sure church is landon's problem.

I generally like not-saturday's better. As it is summer, is there anything wrong with a weekday? Do some people have conflicting jobs?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wow, I don't look at posts here for a few days (work) and this thread explodes with stupidity.

Just warning everyone about the flaming and stuff (e.g. Deap vs HNG, among others). Stop arguing over stupidity. This is not a argument thread, it is a tournament thread. If people continue to flame others, I will infract people. Like T-Block, I am also a mod, so watch it, or I will infract people here. And everyone knows how much I do not want to do that.

So... keep the peace here, and have nice chats, no arguments.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Pretty sure church is landon's problem.

I generally like not-saturday's better. As it is summer, is there anything wrong with a weekday? Do some people have conflicting jobs?
I'm up for a weekday, but I'll be away for the second half of August :(

Captain L

Smash Champion
Monday the 15th is the perfect date apparently

I'm away for the first half, Aleate is away for the second half, Sundays don't work for me and Saturdays don't work for him.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Although, we are very nice strangers :smash:

...I think

HNG, I keep forgetting about it but it doesn't seem like anyone will give out a house either way :seuss: :c

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Not to sound like a jerk, but enjoy your birthday with people you know and not with strangers you've never met before :x
That's not the reason I don't like it.

I might not have enough time to earn the cash to make it is the reason I don't like it.

Although, I will likely be spending my birthday alone through no fault of my own.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I leave for camping on the 15th, lmao.

It's k though it just means we need smashfests.

Any word on the bi-weekly's at the venue? Mama sin's staying with me for a week or 2 so I won't be able to host any till she's gone, though i'm actually gonna have one after she leaves.

:upsidedown:

Captain L

Smash Champion
well if you think about it, the tournament doesn't take all day.

I don't expect a huge turnout, and if everybody shows up at the right time and we actually start everything in a timely manner we could do singles and doubles in like 5 hours.

The only flaw here is that it assumes people show up on time >_>

What I'm saying is we could start it in the afternoon

Captain L

Smash Champion
Also here's a quick list of everything I can remember...

Captain L
-can't host or attend Sundays
-can't host or attend Saturday the 13th (most likely)

Aleate
-can't attend Saturdays

Sinister
-can't attend from 15th to ???

Bundtcake
- "<_<" at the thought of a weekday tournament

Arcansi
-Would like a tournament as late in the month as possible

am I missing something?

Kantrip

Kantplay
CrimsonFeint
-anything but late on saturday

If we can start and run a tournament in a timely matter, Saturdays are great. Like, finish doubles and singles before 6:30.

Top Bottom