• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
aracnsi is a beat. step it up deap. his yoshi is gonna kill you without touching you on RC like Jake did ;o

SKidd

Smash Master
lolololololololololl

Apparently Kevin doesn't want me posting some "things"

oh well

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

wtf Sheldon

You guys are sick. Next Brawl Monthlies should be at Riverview.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Daniel says: (12:59:40 AM)
would you *****

Daniel says: (12:59:43 AM)
big d

Sheldon says: (12:59:48 AM)
LMFAO

Kevo says: (12:59:48 AM)

Daniel says: (12:59:52 AM)
for 1 million

Kevo says: (12:59:52 AM)
you guys

?

Kevo says: (12:59:54 AM)
are messed up

Kevo says: (1:00:00 AM)
1mil yes

Deap is GAY like he calls everyone else's playstyle after he loses to them. GAY. GAY. GAY. DEAP GAY.

bro mad u?

also who's kevin?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
would you *****

big d

Sheldon says: (12:59:48 AM)
LMFAO

for 1 million

you guys

?

are messed up

1mil yes

Deap is GAY like he calls everyone else's playstyle after he loses to them. GAY. GAY. GAY. DEAP GAY.

bro mad u?

also who's kevin?
1. Need to get in on these chats.

2. Johns are johns.

Everyone has 'em, nobody likes 'em.

Rarely will they matter as I take the money off the table and into my pocket.

| Big D |

Smash Master
would you *****

big d

Sheldon says: (12:59:48 AM
In a heart beat, I don't think he rolls that way though.

You guys better not be trying to steal Big D, I saw him first!

We can share him, how about that?

With you guys?

We can do it together, we can try to convince him, I mean who wouldn't? Have you see him? He is the perfect male specimen with the physique of a model.

Thanks for painting a picture in my mind.

I don't know, it would be so awkward, especially for him.

Deap is GAY

bro mad u?

also who's kevin?
I don't know how to respond to this, I mean, JUST READ IT. BTW, I don't roll that way.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The contents of the quote in the above post are blatantly fake. Daniel's using proper punctuation and spelling (almost). Not to mention the vocabulary. Specimen? Physique? Not buying it.

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
God damn, how'd that conversation get back up there.

I wasn't kidding at all when I told Sheldon and Daniel I didn't want that posted here.

Bye guys.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
what

Is this more legit than it looks like it is? >.> It really, REALLY looks to me like HNG made that up.

I mean, it's not like anybody's gonna take it seriously either way...but I am pretty confused right now. =s

Captain L

Smash Champion
1 million is a lot. It's understandable.

I mean think about it, that's like more than a decade of pay and you get it all in a single night.

SKidd

Smash Master
nooooooooo kevinnnn

This is all my fault </3

... But still, that was mad funny when it happened.

Captain L

Smash Champion
yoshi's eggs do more damage, can't be absorbed, can't be ducked under, and can be cancelled on the ledge. What more could you want from a projectile? On top of that it doubles as a recovery move.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What? Gay sex for 1 mil? People settle for a lot less....

But yeah Jake, I am dead serious. They essentially do the exact same thing, except are better at it. They control more space, can be thrown at different angles/speeds, and can be an amazing planking tool.

Falco's lasers are so over rated. They don't control as much space as the eggs do, and don't force approaches as well as the eggs do imo.

In all honesty I think they're tied for best projectile in the game with pit's arrows.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Snake's grenades are trash...

Pit's arrows are definitely the best projectile. Whether or not they have an equal is up for debate.

Pit's arrows > or = eggs > Falco's lasers > Wolf's lasers = fox's lasers > grenades

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
@ Captain L: They also have a full second of endlag. Lazers are more safe than eggs by a huge margin, though eggs can be thrown at anybody who's ducking, there's no way to throw an egg so that it covers low to the ground the entire time, meaning a lot of characters can just run under one and punish if they're in the right position. Yes, this can be avoided with smart tosses, but it does restrict when Yoshi can use eggs quite heavily, especially combined with the ending lag.

Being cancellable on the ledge is cool and all, until you get into timeout situations and the ledge grabs you've obtained force you to do stuff you wouldn't normally have to do to finish the match before you lose to the LGL. :glare:

@ Luke's points; I agree that eggs are more versatile in some ways due to the flexibility in angles and throw speeds, and they may be a bit more threatening at long range, but eggs are pretty useless mid-range against most characters. Egg planking is pretty overrated too, though I can see how you'd think it's really good seeing how you use Falco against Yoshi. Really though, intercepting in the right way can ruin Yoshi's planking. One example that comes to mind is a match me and Jack played in LFs at the mini-tourney I hosted at my place before we moved. I had a 50% lead last stock on game 1 (SV), and was on the ledge, threw an egg, and he just stood at the right place and tipper Fsmashed me FTW. >.>

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lasers aren't that safe mid-close range either. I've been attacked out of lasers plenty of times, and the only way to avoid it is to always silent laser, which is pretty damn hard to do consistently. Beyond that, you're forced to sideB if you truly want to get away, but then they can just read you. The planking issue you mentioned was just poor decision making by you. Planking on the ledge can force any opponent to back off the ledge, making getting onto the stage very easy, which is an invaluable tool. Falco never has this option, and his sideB RCO lag makes it even worse.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Lasers aren't that safe mid-close range either. I've been attacked out of lasers plenty of times, and the only way to avoid it is to always silent laser, which is pretty damn hard to do consistently. Beyond that, you're forced to sideB if you truly want to get away, but then they can just read you. The planking issue you mentioned was just poor decision making by you. Planking on the ledge can force any opponent to back off the ledge, making getting onto the stage very easy, which is an invaluable tool. Falco never has this option, and his sideB RCO lag makes it even worse.
Falco's options for dealing with midrange are a lot better than Yoshi's. Yoshi can either back away (until he runs out of stage, which usually doesn't take long), or try to approach. Silent lazer may be hard, but at least you have it as an option, and even though side B can be read, at least you have it as an option available to you. My options for approaching pretty much boil down to jumping at my opponent with aerials/egg lay or going for hard read dash grabs, all of which are a lot less safe than what Falco has. Granted, this is becoming more an issue of how well each character's movesets compliment their projectiles; I could see Yoshi's eggs being better than lazers here if he had something like Phantasm that could get him out of that position easily.

Yeah, maybe it was poor decision making to toss that egg, but what I'm trying to get at is that by simply standing in the right place, my opponent can put me in a really tight spot. What options do I really have if I'm on the ledge and Marth stands at tipper Fsmash range, for example? I can toss an egg (and get Fsmashed), I can do one of my standard ledge options (ledgejump, roll, etc) but they're all pretty easy to react to and punish. That leaves me to double jump onto the stage. If I airdodge and he reads it, he can do pretty much anything he wants to me. If I try to aerial, Marth can swat me away pretty easily because all my aerials either have poor horizontal range (at least compared to Marth) or take a really long time to come out (lolFair). I can try to Egg Lay, but the way it affects DJ momentum makes it VERY risky, and can potentially lead to a stock loss even at low %s. Yes, I have options, but it's a very dangerous guessing game for me. Egg planking is not nearly as strong as it seems.

Captain L

Smash Champion
but really, there are only a select few characters who have options against marth on the ledge anyways.

T-block

B2B TST
Marth ledgeguarding you is the most broken thing. Zero options >=(

I was joking about grenades btw

Lasers are a lot safer than eggs, simply because of the difference in cooldown. Isn't that all that needs to be said? =\ Eggs > standing laser maybe =P

Top Bottom