• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lasers do like 1% though. They're safer and generally free damage, but eggs do so much more. After playing falco for so long, I just find him to be a not so great character.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
what

Is this more legit than it looks like it is? >.> It really, REALLY looks to me like HNG made that up.

I mean, it's not like anybody's gonna take it seriously either way...but I am pretty confused right now. =s

:005:
o. k.
I copy and pasted that from the email notification I got notifying me that a new reply was on this thread and I copy pasta'd skidds post. I'll printscreen the email copy when I get home ;oooo

:phone:

Captain L

Smash Champion
luckily jake has a new projectile anyways, tornado.

I find falco actually really hard to deal with unless I resort to the chain grab. Honestly I find that for all spacies, I just suck against them without that grab. Maybe I just have a problem with tunnel vision though.

T-block

B2B TST
I'm pretty sure I would be beating Falco's as PT if it weren't for the chain grab. I feel really good in that matchup for some reason, but starting down by 60+% every stock is just barely too much to overcome.

Let's ask this question:

How well do eggs limit your opponent's options? How well do lasers limit your opponent's options?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Depends on the character a lot.

Take GaW for example. Lasers really take away his ground game, but his air game is still very useable. Getting in on him is difficult but not too bad. Yoshi's eggs on the other hand, make his air game really bad, and turns what would be a really **** match-up into even.

GaW hates eggs more than lasers overall. For MK and wario it's probably the same, while snake will have an easier time with eggs than lasers.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
o. k.
I copy and pasted that from the email notification I got notifying me that a new reply was on this thread and I copy pasta'd skidds post. I'll printscreen the email copy when I get home ;oooo

:phone:
Actually, please don't. I think some people have made it very clear they don't want this stuff posted. >.>

Depends on the character a lot.

Take GaW for example. Lasers really take away his ground game, but his air game is still very useable. Getting in on him is difficult but not too bad. Yoshi's eggs on the other hand, make his air game really bad, and turns what would be a really **** match-up into even.

GaW hates eggs more than lasers overall. For MK and wario it's probably the same, while snake will have an easier time with eggs than lasers.
It's not the same for MK unless they play the match-up poorly. Yeah, Eggs are good for dealing with Dair camping, but he really doesn't need to be doing that anyway. A patient ground game does wonders for MK against Yoshi, much more so than characters like GaW or Wario. I must say though, hitting Wario with eggs is hard. >.> Eggs are actually pretty good against Snake too, though probably not as good as lazers.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Bucket is good to have at low % because it takes away the CG, and also does a lot of damage for a 2 frame move. Bucket is always worth having.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The invincibility comes out in one frame, the oil spill hitbox comes out on frame 2 or 3, I forget :/, but yeah, the move is ****ing godlike.

EDIT: I was right saying the hitbox comes out on frame 2. The move also lasts close to a full half second.

Captain L

Smash Champion
BC loves picto apparently.

And then there's the issue about the legal d3 infinites.

Although I'm sure everybody would be fine with the LGL rules.

| Big D |

Smash Master
If we do use unity, players can both agree to pictochat.

As for D3... it's totally because of me I know right? But seriously, I don't care if you leave it in or not.

I recently learned how to do CG > Buffered upsmash.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
BC loves picto apparently.

And then there's the issue about the legal d3 infinites.

Although I'm sure everybody would be fine with the LGL rules.
I don't love Picto as much as I used to. I have no problem seeing it banned TBH.

On another note, I'm pretty sure the only relevant infinites here until now have been Yoshi/ZSS's grab releases on Wario. :troll:

If we do use unity, players can both agree to pictochat.

As for D3... it's totally because of me I know right? But seriously, I don't care if you leave it in or not.

I recently learned how to do CG > Buffered upsmash.
Actually, we probably do have to think more about infinites now if you have a D3...especially if you know enough to be able to do the buffered Usmash. o.0

Captain L

Smash Champion
if you're playing against diddy kong and you ban FD, why would you agree to picto? Same idea with falco, and same idea with sonic except with YI and picto.

For the phoenix event in September I think we should definitely use unity since it was intended for use at bigger events (and I think this will count as a regional if WA and AB come). For the august monthly (assuming it exists) it's probably no big deal either way.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Happy endings are where the lulz is at with Dedede.

But as far as infinites go, ZSS's on Wario can be escaped by buffering your bike. I've never heard of Yoshi having an infinite but I'll look into it. There are a lot of infinites, some easier than others.

I've started to learn the ZSS one on ROB.

Captain L

Smash Champion
but we're gonna have Hawaiians Albertans and Washingtons oh my

by the way if infinites go until 300%, can't yoshi grab wario, pummel until he has a percent lead, and then just keep regrabing for 8 minutes?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
but we're gonna have Hawaiians Albertans and Washingtons oh my

by the way if infinites go until 300%, can't yoshi grab wario, pummel until he has a percent lead, and then just keep regrabing for 8 minutes?
Theoretically, yes, but going that long without messing up isn't easy...

I don't know how hard the timing is but I guess Wario should ban FD in this situation.
Wario wants to ban FD either way...especially seeing how Yoshi can Usmash, Fsmash, and Uair him out of release as well.:awesome:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Daniel says: (12:59:40 AM)
would you *****

Daniel says: (12:59:43 AM)
big d

Sheldon says: (12:59:48 AM)
LMFAO

Kevo says: (12:59:48 AM)

Daniel says: (12:59:52 AM)
for 1 million

Kevo says: (12:59:52 AM)
you guys

Daniel says: (12:59:52 AM)
?

Kevo says: (12:59:54 AM)
are messed up

Kevo says: (1:00:00 AM)
1mil yes

Deap is GAY like he calls everyone else's playstyle after he loses to them. GAY. GAY. GAY. DEAP GAY.

bro mad u?

also who's kevin?

hahaha im TOTALLY SURE that im not gay;), you are the homo cus you can't get girls lol

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
sion stop acting like if you were a ganster or something like that, in RL you are just another shy chinese guy.

dont do that, its just stupid.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
sion stop acting like if you were a ganster or something like that, in RL you are just another shy chinese guy.

dont do that, its just stupid.
LOL. HOW AM I ACTING GANGSTER. I ain't even gangster YO!!!

also lol. you don't know anything about me.

Captain L

Smash Champion
but Jake, if YI is banned you'll never get a really cool video of yoshi on youtube!

Top Bottom