• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I haven't really played any Ice Climbers that can CG, so I can't speak for how that feels. Big D, you're ridiculous. :awesome:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Well I can see your point but if you're consistently using these infinites and winning, won't other people get sick of it?

If people did this to me all the time, I wouldn't even bother playing against them. Waste of my time and I wouldn't be enjoying the game.
This reminds me of a deck for Magic me and my friend are making.

It can basically put you down to 50% on turn 2 and then take you from 50% to 0 if you ever have less creatures out then us.

This, if it plays the way we think it should (sims, etc), will basically nullify 99% if not 100% of decks in our area, as they won't be able to do anything.

But you know what, we're going to play this deck over and over. Not to be ****s or anything, but this deck needs practice, and I as a person don't see any reason to not use it if nobody can beat it. (specific scenarios like someone wanting a match vs a dif deck excluded) I'm not playing the game for you to have fun. I'm playing the game to win, in the best way I can.

If you can't deal with it, I'll be happy to help you get better, but I won't go easy on you.

| Big D |

Smash Master
If your playing as Ice Climbers, it would be stupid not to use the chaingrab, it's harder than just buffering a grab like Dedede so it does take skill. Fthrow to Bthrow is hella easy though :D .

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
*First post of Page 300*

This reminds me of a deck for Magic me and my friend are making.

It can basically put you down to 50% on turn 2 and then take you from 50% to 0 if you ever have less creatures out then us.

This, if it plays the way we think it should (sims, etc), will basically nullify 99% if not 100% of decks in our area, as they won't be able to do anything.

But you know what, we're going to play this deck over and over. Not to be ****s or anything, but this deck needs practice, and I as a person don't see any reason to not use it if nobody can beat it. (specific scenarios like someone wanting a match vs a dif deck excluded) I'm not playing the game for you to have fun. I'm playing the game to win, in the best way I can.

If you can't deal with it, I'll be happy to help you get better, but I won't go easy on you.
What on Earth are you talking about? I understood the last line but nothing else. I hate to act like the helpless, ignorant person, but perhaps it would be more prudent to actually explain what these Infinites are? I saw the Wario wheel thing, and that's it. Thanks for the offer though, I'll hold you to that should we ever meet :).

I imagine the best way to counter these are to stay far away from the opponent. I just find using Infinites spoils the fun. I certainly don't plan on coming to Home Video, paying cash (of course never with the intention of receiving any return on investment), and sitting there helpless as the opponent uses whatever Infinites exist to defeat me. Winning is great and all to me, but it's not that important to me.

*Goes to class now*

Arcansi

Smash Champion
*First post of Page 300*

What on Earth are you talking about? I understood the last line but nothing else. I hate to act like the helpless, ignorant person, but perhaps it would be more prudent to actually explain what these Infinites are? I saw the Wario wheel thing, and that's it. Thanks for the offer though, I'll hold you to that should we ever meet :).

I imagine the best way to counter these are to stay far away from the opponent. I just find using Infinites spoils the fun. I certainly don't plan on coming to Home Video, paying cash (of course never with the intention of receiving any return on investment), and sitting there helpless as the opponent uses whatever Infinites exist to defeat me. Winning is great and all to me, but it's not that important to me.

*Goes to class now*
You were saying that Infinites spoil the fun by not letting anyone really win if you can pull it off consistently.
[COLLAPSE="Infinites"] IC's infinites stem from any grab at any time, and will = kill.

Diddy's single nanner lock isn't as easy to pull off, but comes from any trip.

Wario's is harder to pull off, because it comes from either a hard trip or you missing a tech, making it hard to set up.

MK's is easy to do and relatively easy to pull off if your going for it.

DDD's is really easy to do.

The plethora of grab releases are mostly easy to do, except things like Yoshi on Wario.[/COLLAPSE]

That's what the deck is supposed to do. If it can pull off what it should be able to, you really won't be able to do much, just watch as you die. (this is 100% easier on the people in my area, as they aren't running competitive oriented decks.)

Thing is, are you seriously gonna tell someone 'yeah I see you have this option, but don't use it. No, not because it's tournament banned or anything, I just don't like it.'

...The person your playing against understands it may not be fun for you. Thing is, most people aren't playing to make the game fun for you. This is one thing M2K understands above all others. He does his best to play gay when the situation calls for it. And it may not be fun to watch, or great to play against. But hey, it advances the metagame, and is the best way to play.

There's no real reason you shouldn't do it if your playing to win. And if your playing to get better, then you should be practicing it, no?

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'd just like to say that the Wario infinite isn't hard to set up at zero percent and I just found a super easy way to continue it.

I'd also like to say that MK's is pretty hard to buffer to to how quick the roll and dtilt and the inputs. I would know because I was practicing every infinite that came to mine.

They're are many locks that I know, I have clips of them from practice so I could make a vid.

P.S. R.O.B. players look out, one dsmash with ZSS and it's over. (assuming I don't screw up XD)

Crisis

Smash Ace
So, who's up for a smash fest at the venue (because noone has a house) on monday? (although I don't know how to host nor do I know if the venue is open) I'm willing to drive :).

hungry for some smash. *doubts there will be much interest*

Kantrip

Kantplay
I've heard Asa's teaching is very beneficial. He will just have to come to BC so he can bestow all of us with his divine mentoring.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I'm looking into going to this, but I need GrapE/IHT to tell me approx how much it costs per person (may be looking into getting my friend to come too.)

Or anyone else, if you happen to know.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rob mentioned $100 round trip once, I'm not sure if that's what it would be for you.

If you are planning on coming to a tourney in the next 6 months or so, Phoenix 6 would be the one to go to, for sure :)

T-block

B2B TST
Jake, I think you should post in EC canada threads if you haven't already =x Someone from Ontario was saying they would be interested in coming to WC some day.

Top Bottom