• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Crisis, Sinister, SKidd, CrimsonFeint, Aleate, maybe someone else I forget will be at the smashfest. Did you say HNG would too?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
He told me if there was on Monday he would come. Maybe if somebody can contact him... Also, what time is the meetup, 10am? Lastly, I can drive anybody who wants to get picked up at Braid.

If it gets any more than 6-ish people, then maybe we'll have to book a room at the all you can eat place, although I'm not a huge fan of all you can eat.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright, that's fine SKidd. We
will never
understand.

Aleate, I'm gonna' just meet you all at the venue somewhere between 11 and 12.

Arcansi, canoe time!

Crisis

Smash Ace
I'll give HNG a text...since his msn is unresponsive.

Home Video opens at 11 and I didn't want to bother the owner with opening earlier, sooo meet then?

Also venue fee is probably still $5 and I hope that sushi place is cheap. I'm saving up =)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'll probably be there like 11:30 -12 cause you know, gotta show my swag by being late.

By all you can eat do you mean Sui Shai ya? Or whatever the **** it's called. It's actually decent, 99999999 California Rolls for 20 dolla? Yes plz. But then again i'm fat and need to eat as much as possible.

Btw if SKidd's not going should I bring Melee?

Edit - I keep forgetting I can't say ( . Y . )

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I prefer the Sushi Town that's just a few minutes more from Sui Sha Ya. Sushi Town's Spicy Salmon Sashimi is the highlight of the place, and it's buzzing with customers.

The only thing I don't like about Sui Sha Ya is that they you frequently don't get what you ordered and they hold out on your food, filling your stomach with rice before serving the good stuff. Their waiters are pretty bad too. But yeah if everybody has a big appetite and wants All You Can Eat, lets have Sui Sha Ya. Bring about $25 for it though.

Edit: Although the good thing about the Sui Sha Ya is that no tip is required. They have the worst possible service there :D

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Crisis, I didn't charge my phone rofl. sorry. Uhhh, i'll come if someone can drive me. Also, I think I'm just gonna stop brawling lol. I probably won't come to as many tournaments in the future. Not really into brawl..more into Team Fortress 2.

Oh, and I haven't checked this thread in weeks. What did I miss?

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Probably. I'll find the details out later. :)
and TF2 with me HNG! Just got my new laptop today. Very happy =)
Sure. What's your username? I'll add you. You're probably f2p so you can't do much on steam which is hella gay. (i.e. add friends, voice chat, group chat)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
lol i won't be f2p for long. I'm going to buy a retail version of The orange box. Does that give me steam privileges?
yo just buy a weapon from the steam store lol. the one I had my friend buy for me was like 0.49 cents.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Competitive games are my thing.

I never learned competitive melee, but I'm the best in my area by a lot, so I'll play with you guys XD.

My comp can't run sc2, so all I play is League (inb4 'play with me', although i very well might)

However, I won't give up brawl for quite a long time, likely until smash 4 comes out or after.

If I go pro on something...eh, I'll see.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Somebody is randomly talking about me in the competitive brawl forum. Nothing is more fun than arguing who's better between mid level pikachus (read: not ES4M)

Sinister just so you know, I also think Lamb is better than me

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Daniel's going to come to the Monday Smashfest. I'll be picking him up at 11am at Braid, if anybody else needs a ride, let me know!

Also, who's going to bring their consoles o_o?

Crisis

Smash Ace
Great, that makes exactly 6.

I think we need 3 consoles at most. I can bring mine but it can't record anything. Keep thinking I'm forgetting something...

and partners are everywhere. i ended up finding a partner on the spot once.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Worst case scenario, if you can't find a partner, just go out on the street and ask random people if they want to team with you for a video game competition. If that doesn't work, team with a level 9 CPU.
Can that be legal? Or, we should do it as a side event! Player + CPU doubles :awesome:

Top Bottom