• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Cathy

Smash Cadet
I teamed with level 9 meta knight in a 2009 tournament and beat T-block and his partner in a tournament game. His team won the set 2-1 but the last game was really close. It came down to his partner versus level 9 meta knight, one stock each. Not a joke.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Somebody is randomly talking about me in the competitive brawl forum. Nothing is more fun than arguing who's better between mid level pikachus (read: not ES4M)

Sinister just so you know, I also think Lamb is better than me
lol we're friends on another forum. Just beaking each other.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Who's gonna bring Wiis tomorrow. I'd rather not bring mine if I don't need to. :x

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
$5 for venue fee? wtf

it should be at least $1 since we are only going to be there for like 3 or 4 hours.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Timing.

I just talked to him. He's not coming, so we need just one more console? :x

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
$5 for venue fee? wtf

it should be at least $1 since we are only going to be there for like 3 or 4 hours.
Last I checked, $5 was at least $1... ;)

You guys can do free events. When we had a 5 man tournament one time, we planned to have (all singles) 64, melee, melee Falcon only, melee low tier, brawl, brawl random char, brawl Falcon only, brawl low tier, brawl Meta Knight, and rock paper scisors. We didn't do all of them, but we did most.

Also, try to have the smashfest with an islander mindset: enter every event, and just have fun whether you win or lose, and fool around a little. Deap can vouch for this... unless he's still salty from my first paragraph :p

Crisis

Smash Ace
hey crisis $10 mm
im broke. max 50 cents,

Last I checked, $5 was at least $1... ;)

You guys can do free events. When we had a 5 man tournament one time, we planned to have (all singles) 64, melee, melee Falcon only, melee low tier, brawl, brawl random char, brawl Falcon only, brawl low tier, brawl Meta Knight, and rock paper scisors. We didn't do all of them, but we did most.

Also, try to have the smashfest with an islander mindset: enter every event, and just have fun whether you win or lose, and fool around a little. Deap can vouch for this... unless he's still salty from my first paragraph :p
sounds fun. wouldnt mind trying that. :)

Also. when is everyone showing up. earlier is better. i dont want to be the only one there at 11 am -_-

Kantrip

Kantplay
I've been telling people this as well actually, but they keep winning the MM's anyways. I suggested just not giving him $5 out of the money he won last tournament and giving that to you instead, but we can't do that.

I got your back on this, HNG. lol. I don't even know why, but I'm bringing justice :awesome:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Unfortunately, the harsh reality is that you can't get paid of you don't come. :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Assuming all goes well and traffic isn't a *****, Deap and I will arrive at 11:15.

Also, Deap's gonna be in Mexico during the next tournament.

you can play the lady that works there :3
She'll be in such a good mood too. Working on a Stat holiday and I suppose no overtime pay either. :c

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Assuming all goes well and traffic isn't a *****, Deap and I will arrive at 11:15.

Also, Deap's gonna be in Mexico during the next tournament.
Lol. He was hella late last time he was supposed to meet us at the tournament with Cheezeman, Asa and I. Also, THEN NEXT NEXT TOURNAMENT.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
HNG, why don't you simply money match Deap again, another $5, if he wins, then you're both even, but if you win, he owes you $10. Tell him to put the money on the table before you play him if you are that worried about him paying you off. This way, if Deap wins, then nothing happens and all this "don't money match Deap" nonsense will end, and if he loses, then he must give you $10. I hope Deap would also be up for doing this. It is a fair way to settle the dispute. Whatever Deap's reasons for not wanting to pay you, if this goes through, he has no excuses anymore.

On a different note, having money matched Deap several times (including a string of 30 straight money matches resulting in him owing me around $50), he has always payed me off, and I have always payed him off, so I have never had problems with him not paying me. And as far as I am aware, the only person he has not payed off is you... so yeah...

Entire point of this message: Instead of simply complaining about him not paying you off and telling others not to money match him, try to find alternative solutions to the problem. I suggested one, money matching him again for the same amount (if he wins, you're even, if he loses, he now owes you $10).

HNG

Smash Journeyman
HNG, why don't you simply money match Deap again, another $5, if he wins, then you're both even, but if you win, he owes you $10. Tell him to put the money on the table before you play him if you are that worried about him paying you off. This way, if Deap wins, then nothing happens and all this "don't money match Deap" nonsense will end, and if he loses, then he must give you $10. I hope Deap would also be up for doing this. It is a fair way to settle the dispute. Whatever Deap's reasons for not wanting to pay you, if this goes through, he has no excuses anymore.

On a different note, having money matched Deap several times (including a string of 30 straight money matches resulting in him owing me around $50), he has always payed me off, and I have always payed him off, so I have never had problems with him not paying me. And as far as I am aware, the only person he has not payed off is you... so yeah...

Entire point of this message: Instead of simply complaining about him not paying you off and telling others not to money match him, try to find alternative solutions to the problem. I suggested one, money matching him again for the same amount (if he wins, you're even, if he loses, he now owes you $10).
I would agree to this, But IDK if he would ;o

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, I am just trying to help. You'd agree to it. We haven't heard Deap say yes or no yet, so we don't know yet.

But seriously, this "Pay me back Deap" and "Don't money match Deap until he pays me back" and "Deap doesn't pay anyone" stuff etc. is really getting annoying. We all know what he did, now all we can do is find a different solution.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The best solution to the problem is to come meet Deap. Concoct all the plans you want, none of them will work unless you are physically present to accept the money.

For anybody who cares, you can attempt to apply for Pottermore in 10 minutes! (I think)

Asa

Smash Hero
Actually, instead of spreading the hate, why don't you guys just not mm him

Also, I'll be in Vancouver on August 10th. Ill probably be at Andy's.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey Bryan :)

I wish I carried cash and actually stood a chance to win just one MM.

Top Bottom