• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Mad at myself for missing Offline.

Play all of you at the Tourney I guess :c.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
HAHAHA at that post feint lol

kevin, there where just like 3 sushis lol and you told me to eat the tempura lol.

and yeah, that fat guy was so weird lol

yo feint just because you ***** my zelda, it doesn't mean im a "free" haha

Kantrip

Kantplay
wait guys.. when is the august monthly, if there is one
I vote it should be when you're here :bee:

Deap, I totalled you in our MM as well.
And won some of the matches against your MK.
And we didn't get to finish the match against your Olimar, but it was even at the time.
I beat your Bowser solidly and beat your spacies as well.

Our teams matches were fun, but you SD'd too much. that is something you definitely have over Ally and M2K, for sure.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, something triggered when we were doing that doubles moneymatch: (Deap and myself against HNG and Crisis).

It was MK Diddy against double MK, and I was doing fairly solidly (stock tanking my first stock while HNG and Crisis had 3 stocks total, and Deap had 1). I would die, and then it would be each team at 3 stocks. HNG with 2 and at high percent, and Crisis at high percent last stock. Deap at last stock low percent and myself at 2 stocks low percent. The battle continues, we get them to kill percents. Then Deap SD's or makes some dumb mistake with "I thought I was a different MK" johns and share stocks immediately after only for me to die and him to get wrecked in the 2v1.

This happened for 3 of the 5 matches, while we won one of them where a similar mistake did not occur.

The "something" that triggered after that set is probably the key to many player's success.

Salt. I was so salty, lol.

Yeah, MK sucks.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
i wouldn't kill myself in a mm, i really thought i was the other mk.

and no asa, it wasn't a john. since there were 3 MKs on screen.

Asa

Smash Hero
That's like, the definition of a john, deap lol

you usually have a tag on yourself, and if you didn't, i'm sure your partner did

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
wait guys.. when is the august monthly, if there is one
I think there might be one after Captain L is done with his cruise vacation. Hopefully it's on a non-Saturday. :(

So yeah guys, how do I even stand a chance against MK and how do I get people to approach when Din's isn't an option?

And Deap, you had like 5 Sushis, including the Sashimi.

T-block

B2B TST
Din's is never an option to force approach. If you're going to play Zelda, get used to the fact that you're not going to be able to force people to approach.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh, okay. I figured that Din's Fire was kind of annoying and people would approach to get me to stop, haha.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey, I took quite a number of stocks with Din's Fire.

At the very least, doesn't Din's Fire force the opponent to react to the attack and on occasion do some decent damage as well?:ohwell: Plus, better to have a projectile than none at all, right?

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
Oh, okay. I figured that Din's Fire was kind of annoying and people would approach to get me to stop, haha.
i do this to t-block and other players all the time and usually your opponent thinks they can somehow get around zelda while her dins fire animation is occurring, thus approaching zelda. i am sure this has happened to u.... the trick to forcing an approach with dins is that while u are spaming it, close the space between u and your opponent until they think they r close enough to dodge it and attack u... u would release dins fire just as they attack u... u would trade hits but zelda can usually follow up with a dash attack or something because of the hit stun that comes with getting hit by dins

i sometimes b reverse into an opponent with dins fire releasing the attack behind your opponent... most ppl shield rite away and drop it thinking that u missed them but because of the splash they get hit... it works for me in some situations so i thought i would share how i use dins in general:)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice tips, thanks and I'll try and put them to use! It's refreshing to not see Zelda hate around here.

I always did find that extending Din's Fire slightly longer than anybody would expect works because the AoE for Din's Fire is pretty good. But now that the secret's out...

T-block

B2B TST
i do this to t-block and other players all the time and usually your opponent thinks they can somehow get around zelda while her dins fire animation is occurring, thus approaching zelda. i am sure this has happened to u.... the trick to forcing an approach with dins is that while u are spaming it, close the space between u and your opponent until they think they r close enough to dodge it and attack u... u would release dins fire just as they attack u... u would trade hits but zelda can usually follow up with a dash attack or something because of the hit stun that comes with getting hit by dins

i sometimes b reverse into an opponent with dins fire releasing the attack behind your opponent... most ppl shield rite away and drop it thinking that u missed them but because of the splash they get hit... it works for me in some situations so i thought i would share how i use dins in general:)
you don't force me to approach with din's

you force me to approach by somehow always getting the lead at the beginning of the match lol

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, im leaving for BC tomorrow and was wondering if any smash was going down this week at all. Gonna be staying in vancouver and surrey mostly and gonna be staying for a week so if any smash happens let me know and Ill try my best to come.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
lol, in our teams MM, Deap had terrible DI and I shuttle loop near the screen a couple times to get early kills. They weren't all SDs.

:phone:

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
Nice tips, thanks and I'll try and put them to use! It's refreshing to not see Zelda hate around here.

I always did find that extending Din's Fire slightly longer than anybody would expect works because the AoE for Din's Fire is pretty good. But now that the secret's out...
it is not a secret at all....everybody knows about this but they still get hit by it all the time

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey guys, im leaving for BC tomorrow and was wondering if any smash was going down this week at all. Gonna be staying in vancouver and surrey mostly and gonna be staying for a week so if any smash happens let me know and Ill try my best to come.
Well, if there are enough interested people I guess something could be set up. So who wants to help raidos out by coming to an event for him later this week?

I'm not sure if I could make it to such an event but I guess we can see?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Help this guy out! This is great excuse to get more stuff happening over there. =P

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
How about something in a few days? :o

I'm surprised a group of 5 people lasted 10 hours.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Play tiny with max gravity on Temple, Bowser only.

Or the best; Temple with 2.0 damage ratio.

But yeah, I might be able to make it to something depending when it is.

Edit - And nothing beats 99 stock 300% Pichu dittos, me and my friend used to do that back in the day lololol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hmm.. I'd like to help the guy out but since it's in such short notice we need a decent amount of people who can potentially come and say so in a short period of time. So... who's interested in some kind of event on Thursday/Friday?

:phone:

Top Bottom