• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SKidd

Smash Master
Play tiny with max gravity on Temple, Bowser only.

Or the best; Temple with 2.0 damage ratio.

But yeah, I might be able to make it to something depending when it is.

Edit - And nothing beats 99 stock 300% Pichu dittos, me and my friend used to do that back in the day lololol.
**** I want to Melee you

Kantrip

Kantplay
We all 4-stocked Deap at melee, by the way.

I want to get good at the game, so I'm gonna be practicing just for you SKidd :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So... that makes CF, Deap, Mr. East Coast, and myself. Anybody else? I've only been to Home Video twice and spoken to Sue only briefly yesterday... but I guess I could talk to her about booking the space and see what happens. :)

To Rob: Take Saturday off. That way, Friday event and Saturday Night Market with Deap, Eric B., and me.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If it is for this weekend, I already accepted working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and I am already replacing someone else who is on sick leave... Plus when I am virtually making $150 - $200 a day, I'll stick to work and head over on my days off (if applicable).

So... yeah. I will be unable to attend any mainland event until Monday at the earliest.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow that's a lot of money! Too bad though maybe if Mr. East Coast could make an event on Monday along with a few more people we could pull something off.

@raidos: Can you make time to come on Friday? That's the best I can do on such short notice unless somebody else wants to step up and plan something at a later date...
:phone:

raidos

Smash Apprentice
That's great to see lots of bc guys making an effort to play:). I'm down for Friday I would just need the address to the place and time to how up I'll try to convince someone to drive me lol.

Ps can someone bring an extra controller for me to use :).

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
What time would we start? Fri/Sat are my busiest days, lol.

Raidos man I'd totally help you out.. But Bundt still has my extra controller :c

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't worry, Aleate is here to save the day. I'll probably be driving Deap to the venue so if you could meet me at the Skytrain station (Braid) I can probably drive you as well. If you're determined to come alone, the address is on the opening post. I also have a second controller I can bring. Lastly, there is a $5 Venue fee I believe.

The event would probably start at 10 am?

Edit x3: Word of warning: I'm a noob at the game so don't be disappointed if I can't challenge you at your limit. I'm still new to everything and still getting the basics of the game down. If this is really going to happen, I think the place would have to be booked today so if more people could come, that would be great and help give me the guts to call Sue.:)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
This Friday? Editing the title; if it's wrong, let me know, and I'll change it.

:005:
The date is wrong. :p

And yeah, I don't even know who can come and if it's even worth setting up. I barely know the owner plus I'm the newest guy here. :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If things regarding the Friday event can't be settled by early evening today, then somebody else needs to take over and manage things. I really don't want to be desperately waiting for replies and give myself stress over something that few people are interested in.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Is Friday the only day that works? Some people are saying Friday, but others are saying that day doesn't work for them.

Raidos, how long are you here, and what is the latest day you could attend a smash event?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I can make Friday, but I'll probably end up leaving early. Kind of already planned too anyways, so it's k.

And no worries Bundt, everytime i'm in the V
ha
I forget to message you LOL. I should be at Pheonix though so you can just hold on to it till then, it's all good.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So that makes 6 people? Should I man up and call Home Video tonight for renting the space for Friday or would you guys prefer Monday so that Rob can join in as well?

*Wants attention so I can get this business over with :(*

Kantrip

Kantplay
If raidos can make Monday that may be easier and less short notice. It depends on if monday doesnt work for other people.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I can't confirm 100% if Monday will work. At the moment I currently have that day off, but from July 2nd to August 2nd, I have had only 6 days off, so who knows. I seem to be getting more days off now it seems (today, likely tomorrow), so... I'll put my odds of having that day off at 64%.

I finish work on Sunday just on time to be able to make the last ferry that night, so I will arrive on time if anything happens.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If you take transit, and assuming everything is the same cost, then it would cost probably around $100 per person. You might be able to get a group rate for the ferry though.

Funny how it's fine when the islanders pay to attend events, but once the mainland has to pay the same fees, it's a huge problem. >_>

And this is why I am the only Victoria smasher who still comes to mainland events (and when school starts... there may be no more Victoria smashers at mainland events entirely). All the others have stopped going because it costs too much (and I may join them).

Asa

Smash Hero
that is a good point robert

but you've also said that most ppl in victoria don't even play smash anymore

Kantrip

Kantplay
Solution: Build a bridge and get over it. No, literally. I'm not trying to be rude here. We will all work together, and we will build a bridge from the island to the mainland. No more ferry costs.

:awesome:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So... cancel plans for Friday or no?

I would never pay $100 to go to Victoria. I'd rather buy clothes or something...

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'd rather Monday than Friday.

But that's just me.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
You guys are FUNNY!

I'm looking at more costs then any of you, and I'm 15.

I have to pray I get a job in the next month or else I just don't get to play competitive smash for a good while.

Also, I don't even know if I can make it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You guys are FUNNY!

I'm looking at more costs then any of you, and I'm 15.

I have to pray I get a job in the next month or else I just don't get to play competitive smash for a good while.

Also, I don't even know if I can make it.
Honestly, add bills, insurance, gas, tuition, books, and whatnot and I'm sure you'll change your tune.

Due to lack of responses, I won't be putting any more effort in making a Friday event happen. If anybody else wants to step up, feel free.

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the late reply, I just got into bc lol. I'm good for both days but I don't think Friday is happening anymore so Monday then? I'm leaving next wednesday so whatever time works for everyone only day I'm busy is probably Saturday so itsok lol.

Btw there's a pickup at skytrain if I read correctly? I'm down forthat cause I can easily take the skytrain and help pitch for gas for whoever is driving :)

Top Bottom