• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
woah man calm down

jake and bryan are usually the ones that organize things and they are both not in town

wait at least for jake to come back in september and things'll happen more often

if you still want to try organizing smashfests in this community at the moment you pretty much have to point blank ask everyone individually "hey dude are you coming"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
More events isn't really the priority for me. I just wanted to help a total stranger out. Since nobody wanted to help the guy I thought I'd help but I guess that didn't work out very well, did it?

I barely know anybody in this community so communicating with you guys isn't easy. It's just my nature to attempt to help out I guess.

I wasted away today constantly hoping for somebody to give a concrete response about coming to an event on Friday, which never happened. I won't make this mistake again.

Asa

Smash Hero
like bundt said, it's better if you ask someone 1v1

and if first it doesn't succeed, try again

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Real talk, out of towners have a lot more stress and worry into attending something. People in the lower mainland can just take whatever transit and they're good. We usually can't just make it to a tournament in a day and get home for work the next day. That means not only do we have to try and find housing, but also book time off work. When I have to bus, it's over a hundred dollars round trip, travel fees alone. I'm not sure if a mainland smasher has payed those kinds of prices aside from Asa Delta or someone who plays melee like Eric, unless your WA trips were a little costly. For most, they don't think that it's worth their time and effort since they aren't good enough. Instead though, it's all I've got to get seeded poorly in a game that I am still trying hard to learn.

Does Rob hyperbolize? Yeah, but I can say first hand that it's damn frustrating when your area is dry and the competition is elsewhere. If people took the time to spend some time to hang out with Rob and brawl or melee or smash in general or whatever crazy things he likes, on the island at their own expense, it's incredibly appreciative that he doesn't have to worry about the dollars at the end of the day and can have some lagless smash.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Lol'd

Okay, I'll give it one more shot. For anybody interested in an event on Friday, please tell me in definite, non-ambiguous, non-conditional words. Hopefully calling a single day in advance is still all right.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You got a ranked player from Ontario here willing to smash with you guys. Get on it. Probably the only good snake exp you'll ever get considering no one plays him in BC, WA and OR (at least not well, you all suck at the match-up lol).

bundtcake

Smash Ace
oh man yeah, pretty sure i got hit by every single nair that you and superboom threw out haha

EDIT: btw! i possibly would be interested in hosting a smashfest sometime today if raidos would be able to make it, i live right by the renfrew skytrain station for reference

kinda last minute i know, but i had plans that have since been cancelled tonight, but anyways, how many people would be interested?

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Gonna go shopping soon but I'll be down after it. Prob be done at like 12 or 1 and dice it's close to the skytrain I probably won't need a ride either lol. Do you have an extra controller? :)

:phone:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Would anyone else go to Bundt's? I might go down if we have a few :o

Crisis

Smash Ace
I might come later in the afternoon for the snake exp. turns out my work place is like a block away from your place bundtcake o_o.

might go home first anyways to get a car.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Aiight, i'll leave soon. Probably take an hour or something like that to get there though.. Anyone else there atm?

Btw I have no idea where your place is.. Gonna have to txt you or something when I get off LOL.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Will do.

Just realized I gotta do a few things first though then i'll head over there. I'll let you know when I get off, like an hour more or less though like I said.

Also inb4500thpost.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
alright, raidos just got here so i'm not gonna be checking the thread anymore most likely, text me if you need to get in touch

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
K i'm just leaving now. I'll be there soon.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay, who's interested in an event on MONDAY? Raidos will still be here and if he comes, everybody else gets to meet and get owned by him. :p

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah i'll go Monday.

Played him today, I owe him serious friendlies ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Awesome. I'll wait for a few more people to show interest and I'll call Sue. :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So, I guess I'll call tomorrow about a Monday event? Can anybody tell me what I should say to Sue? :x

Crisis

Smash Ace
I can't make monday. I have work and the venue is too far for me to just drop by :/

You should wait for raidos' confirmation first before booking, because the venue is not the closest to Vancouver and he is the main reason for having a smashfest.

As for what to say to Sue, just introduce yourself and ask if a super smash bros event is okay on Monday. No pressure :).

SKidd

Smash Master
I'm totally down for Monday, no idea what to say

post 4800, aw ye
post 5000 hype
ROB I WILL NOT LET YOU STEAL IT FROM ME THIS TIME

Top Bottom