• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Tournament Strategy and Tips

Veril

Frame Savant
u didn't go all jiggz, i had 1750 before i started giving out free winz and stopped playing
<<
good job at tourney tho, i win locals all the time going all jiggz, its an easy way to get cred
bulls***. I've won local tourneys to. Nobody gives a **** about them. UNLESS they are in an area known for having good smashers, like NYC.

Cia

das kwl
bulls***. I've won local tourneys to. Nobody gives a **** about them. UNLESS they are in an area known for having good smashers, like NYC.
yeah.. but everyone loses to Bum (DK) anyway.. lolz

if i decide to enter another brawl tournament, i'm going all puff.

and i'll try to get matches recorded. but a surprising amount of people have trouble against her =D

Metatitan

Smash Master
gotta side with alex woody, stop giving dumb*** advice. also a little puff advice i'd like to give is that i don't see enough puffs fastfalling their full/short hops, whether its empty or whether u use bair. It saves a little time and lets u attack/regain control on the ground quicker.

Glick

Smash Lord
u didn't go all jiggz, i had 1750 before i started giving out free winz and stopped playing
<<
good job at tourney tho, i win locals all the time going all jiggz, its an easy way to get cred
Actually I did go all jiggz.
I'd only go MK(which is one of my worst characters) if it was a TL. Simply because they are unbeatable with jiggz on wifi.

And those matchs, I didn't even win(which is really sad). So I don't even think it matters

BTW I've been playing under my sisters name for a while. "Overweight Cat"

And you didn't get 1750, I know since I've never had a long league of absence and you've always been on there playing and looking for match's. You have assorted wins and losses. So stop pulling bull****.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Seriously, everyone stop being ********. You're arguing over the stupidest things. Who cares if someone is better on wifi, and someone is better offline. I never want to hear johns from someone who plays wifi seriously. No one is forcing you to play wifi, so if you go on by choice, you have no right to make johns. And Woodman, don't judge other people's "local" or non local tournament play when you haven't even been to many tournies. Seriously, you guys argue over the stupidest things, no one should even remorsely talk about their jiggs being good until they win money at a tourney with GOOD PLAYERS. I don't know who went to your tourney glick so I obviously don't know how many good players were there, but seriously both of you need to chill out and stop arguing.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Oh really, thanks for clearing that up......................................................................................

g-regulate

Smash Hero
only for a bit in pools vs noobs and once in the bracket. i pretty much only money matches people with jiggs, made like $15 or so.

i played a DDD in the bracket but just barely lost, so i went kirby (my original DDD counter) and won. im actually going to focus more of my efforts on my Snake because i feel im losing my edge with him considering i play jiggs 90% of the time.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Actually I did go all jiggz.
I'd only go MK(which is one of my worst characters) if it was a TL. Simply because they are unbeatable with jiggz on wifi.

And those matchs, I didn't even win(which is really sad). So I don't even think it matters

BTW I've been playing under my sisters name for a while. "Overweight Cat"

And you didn't get 1750, I know since I've never had a long league of absence and you've always been on there playing and looking for match's. You have assorted wins and losses. So stop pulling bull****.
ive been giving free winz all throughout the ladder on random days i did have 1750 on a good weekend. two accounts? didn't notice

Framerate

Smash Lord
Lol I forgive you, Spoon.

I was worried when writing it that someone would correct me with the definition of a gerund but I had hoped they would assume I knew the definition and was just cashing in on the joke.

Anyways I went to a local tourney Saturday and went all jiggs (except for one match as falco because I could not approach this peach in the slightest). Got fifth it was cash. Except for the peach. I couldn't approach at all, he kept floating and stuff. Float canceling aerials, turnips, more floating, turnips again. Funny thing is, I paid for his entry into the tourney...

Veril

Frame Savant
I'm gonna go Lucas/Jiggs at this tourney on Saturday. I really do much better with Lucas against Falco, Olimar, and Luigi. Jiggs should work for everyone else.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go Lucas/Jiggs at this tourney on Saturday. I really do much better with Lucas against Falco, Olimar, and Luigi. Jiggs should work for everyone else.
Same.

But not Lucas, for obvious reasons. Maybe Mario...or Squirtle. ;)

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
LOL at anyone using Lucas.

From what I've seen, your ****ing turtle thing is a bit better than Mario. I don't think that's a bad idea.
I need to get way better with Charizard and Ivy, though. Lest I be owned by my failure with those two. :(

Metatitan

Smash Master
yoshi and puff actually has horrible matchup coverage xD
peach covers more with them as well as samus but i think gw still assrapes them all. i was thinking about picking zamus up, anyone know how she does on gw?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I need to get way better with Charizard and Ivy, though. Lest I be owned by my failure with those two. :(
Your Ivysaur isn't that bad; it's just predictible like my Samus, and it works online. Your 'Zard is rather good; you just have to work on the Rock Smash spam. I don't mean to control how much you RS, I'm referring to actually hitting it with the full brunt of it's force.

Not killing Samus at 180+ with RS is funny.

Glick

Smash Lord
Vanz you did really well today. I got ***** in singles so hard.

I had to face alex who gay'd me so hard. Getting killed at 35 percent but G&W isn't my idea of fun. I tried to plank him so hard, but eventually I was just told to stop.

Then my FIRST round in losers, I face wes.

Gay as hell.

Bad brackets. No johns though, you did ****. Good work today. I ***** really hard in friendlies and money matchs though. I made like 10-15 bucks purely off money match's.

I went all jiggz, that was my mission. But I just can't do that. Shes not tourny viable enough. I need to play more wario/kirby in singles. Jiggz is great in a few matchups.

Cia

das kwl
^ yeah.. sorry about that. i spent like 4 hours last night giving alex Jpuff practice.. lolz. he was probably more prepared to fight you than anyone.

and LOL @ those people not MMing our double puff team. we must bait people with that next time.

are you going to apex? if so, want to team?

Glick

Smash Lord
Like. I felt like he knew somehow that I could rest his key. And every time I tried to approach he would just jump backwards and nair.

NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT AT ALL.

I should have went wario, I have NO IDEA why I didn't

And I've been hearing about apex. If its near NYC i'll come. Do you have the thread for it?
and yeah I'll team with you for it if I go.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Good dittos, Bow xP i assume you were worn out at the end of the day?

SDC

Smash Lord
yeah about the wario g&w matchup, one thing i noticed is that wario's ariels are immediate, with pretty much no delay at all, and g&w has high priority, but a little delay in his ariels, wario can use this delay to his advantage; i know becuase one of my side characters is wario. i like him cuz hes got good ariel maneuverability like jiggz, and good recoveries.

anyway great advice g-reg, love your videos of DDD/snake/falcon and hope you post your vids of jiggz soon.

Glick

Smash Lord
Well honestly. I think I'm going to main Wario for a while, and just use jiggz as a secondary. Jiggz just has too many bad match ups.

I'll still use jiggz for my hard matchups.

Which for wario are MK, D3, Marth(I **** marth with jigglypuff), DK(eh), and luigi.

I do well vs those characters with jigglypuff so my bases are really covered. I'm going to go to boston for mass madness this weekend.

I hope I'll do better then I did at my last tourny. That was so embarrassing. lmao.

Top Bottom