• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff for Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
LOL. If we do ban puff, at least all those puff mains will be forced to have fun playing the game. :p

strawhats

Smash Master
Why is everyone forgetting Armada...I think he's better than Hungrybox (top2 = Mango and Armada) IMO. In fact when M2K gets his head back on and has confidence like he did against Hbox's puff he'll begin to catch on to Juan's gayness and ****... He almost beat his puff so yeah. M2K is a more skilled/knowledgeable player than Juan IMO....he just sucks at the matchup

BTW, who won that $50 MM b/w. ARMADA AND HUNGRYBOX

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
Don't be hatin' on Hbox now, but what will Hbox do if Jiggs gets banned, pick up a new character?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
MAAANNNNNNN

People underrate the **** outta Hbox.

He's proved himself man, give him his props. You don't consistently beat M2K and place top 3 over and over without being good.

strawhats

Smash Master
Don't be hatin' on Hbox now, but what will Hbox do if Jiggs gets banned, pick up a new character?
I think this pretty much sums up why people doubt Juan...how good is he without the puff.

At least wih mango...there's no ****ing doubt that he'll still **** everyone because he's that

skilled to use falco, fox, and falcon at a high level.

HoN3Y64

Smash Apprentice
I think this pretty much sums up why people doubt Juan...how good is he without the puff.

At least wih mango...there's no ****ing doubt that he'll still **** everyone because he's that

skilled to use falco, fox, and falcon at a high level.
It's not that I doubt Juan, I'm just curious to see if he'll quit or pick up a new character.

strawhats

Smash Master
i KNOW...IM JUST SAYING PEOPLE IN GENERAL DOUBT jUAN CAN REALLY BE THIS GOOD IN 1 YEAR

people are probably saying, I wonder if Hungrybox would still be beating people like m2k, dsw, etc...w/o. his precious little puff. I thnk He would not be as good and would not place good as a result he might just stop playing altogether.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Uncomboable, kills at s**t damage, and gimps the hell out of everyone. I dont think jiggs is going to be the peak of the meta game but I think the community will have to search for more creative characters to counter her. If fox is the best there is then the evolution of competitive smash is in trouble. Cuz M2k's fox is pretty good and it hasn't been doing the job. Might have to dig deep into the melee line up to find a legit counter the sleeping puff ball.

SDC

Smash Lord
I wonder if Hungrybox would still be beating people like m2k, dsw, etc...w/o. his precious little puff. I thnk He would not be as good and would not place good as a result he might just stop playing altogether.
Isn't this what we used to say about Mango? Guys, stop underrating Hungrybox, ok? He's better then what you all think. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out a very good secondary, and started beating people with it. And if not, what's wrong with him using his main? Would SS still do well without his precious CF? It's his main, and he's winning, get over it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
whot he ufck cares what character hbox uses?

he's proven himself, why does he have to prove he's any good with any character?

don't hate on the dude for being succesfull with a less popular character to watch.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah its not like in every other fighter people don't play secondarys in tourny, oh yeah, they don't.

Getting tired of people hatin on Hbox.

DoctorBendz

Smash Cadet
I think that we need a thread to decide what exactly a tier list is before we can decide who goes where on said tier list.

50% or more of the arguments in this thread have stemmed from disagreements/misunderstandings about what a tier list represents, and how it is determined, rather then anything about Teh Jiggz.

Also,
I'm wondering if mango will actually hold himself to that...will he be able to not go puff at the next major national tournament and still win?
This.

He should do it. I get the feeling he'd like to.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
HBox isn't great with other characters, likely because he doesn't practice with them like Jigglypuff, and his strengths reflect best using Jigglypuff (mindgames, spacing rather than technical ability and stringing spacie combos, etc).

Also, banning Jigglypuff is dumb; she can be beaten.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
She can definitely be beat.

Have you noticed their has never been a star player Doc before?

Doc supposedly does well against Jiggs but there has never been a Bum, Axe, Neo, Kage, Taj, Hugs, HDL or Chu for Doc.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Lets boil down what certain players need to do with character A and what players need to do with Jiggs Usually they need to be able to L-Cancel, Wavedash, change up their game, etc. Jiggs needs to Bair, Up tilt, and Di. Jiggs can literally do Bair until they get bored, wears down your shield and hits you, knocks you on the ledge, or they get bored.

Seeming Bair can't be punished, and uptilt leads to rest on Fox, Falco, Sheik, and Falcon off the top of my head that seems pretty OP.

Yes, i said get bored twice, because that's how boring it is.

She can definitely be beat.

Have you noticed their has never been a star player Doc before?

Doc supposedly does well against Jiggs but there has never been a Bum, Axe, Neo, Kage, Taj, Hugs, HDL or Chu for Doc.
That's because the match-ups for Doc against more than half the cast are not in his favor.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Bob$?

10char
Bob$ is good but he didn't make as much as an impact as Kage, Bum, Axe, or really any of the other ones. Bob$ was definitely the closest tho.

That's because the match-ups for Doc against more than half the cast are not in his favor.
Did you even read my post? I listed a DK, a Pika, a Roy, a Ganon, a IC, and a Mew2. Doc is maybe a Jiggs counter BUT there has never been a godlike Doc like Bum was a godlike DK or how Axe is a godlike Pika.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Bob$ is good but he didn't make as much as an impact as Kage, Bum, Axe, or really any of the other ones. Bob$ was definitely the closest tho.

Did you even read my post? I listed a DK, a Pika, a Roy, a Ganon, a IC, and a Mew2. Doc is maybe a Jiggs counter BUT there has never been a godlike Doc like Bum was a godlike DK or how Axe is a godlike Pika.
If you're mentioning Axe just because he beat Scar, I hope you know that Pika is pretty good against Falcon. Also I hope your not mentioning Kage because he beat Mango when he wasn't sober. Have anyway of them one a large tourney like pound, I don't think so. They may have good placings, but the fact is Jiggs is the one winning Grand Finals. I respect all the players you mentioned, don't get me wrong.

The only exception to this may be Chu, but if he has won a large tourney it hasn't been recently. Even if Doc is good against Puff, he still can't punish Bair.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If you're mentioning Axe just because he beat Scar, I hope you know that Pika is pretty good against Falcon. Also I hope your not mentioning Kage because he beat Mango when he wasn't sober. Have anyway of them one a large tourney like pound, I don't think so. They may have good placings, but the fact is Jiggs is the one winning Grand Finals. I respect all the players you mentioned, don't get me wrong.

The only exception to this may be Chu, but if he has won a large tourney it hasn't been recently. Even if Doc is good against Puff, he still can't punish Bair.
Look how ****ing high Axe placed at pound4. I know my own characters MU, I know Pika cf is even. Bum almost beat M2K and PC. I believe he did beat Isai I'm not sure. Good job johning for Mango, still doesn't take away from the fact that there has never been a Ganon like Kages or Linguinis for that matter. I'm not sure but I think I mentioned Hugs who won a large tourny after pound 2 or 3. Docs bair is good too

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
bob$ played when uthrow uair uair uthrow uair fair/fsmash was a viable combo
/point refuted
Ganons better than Doc and Samus...
your compelling and well formulated argument laced with points backed by solid and cited evidence has thoroughly convinced me.

bum beat isai at MLG Long Island 07 IIRC but that isai always sandbags in matches he loses and sandbags most of the time in matches he wins.
bum vs. m2k was a pretty strong 3-1, with 1 from jungle japes klaptrap stuff.
bum vs. pc chris was a 3-1 with a couple 3 stocks IIRC, with the 1 coming from Brinstar and PC Chris's Peach.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i wasn't talking to you at that point, hence why the part directed at you was under the quoted post of yours.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Ban jigz? She is good, but not busted. I still feel fox, marth, and sheik have good MU's against jigz.
On a seperate note: I don't think mango could win pound size tourneys without jigglypuff. Mango's reads are awesome, but its jigz ability to punish the reads with rest that puts it on a whole other level.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
OBVIOUSLY he's not going to win a huge tourney with anyone except his best character (unless the skill difference is really high). It IS his best character. Why is it so hard to believe that Mango is just the best with one character, HIS MAIN?

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If mango can beat Hbox with Fox and Falcon then there is NO PROOF for jiggs being broken/too good.

further more, if you attempt to make the arguement that mango > hbox as a player then the same can be said for why they both win tournies with puff. THEY ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.

There is simply no proof for jiggs being broken/too good/whatever.

the facts are:
1. there are only two top jiggs.
if you want to count raislin and darc, then iguess falcon must be broken as well because we always have the same number of Falcons and Jiggs in the top 15 at big tournies.

2. Hbox has lost to mango's fox and falcon VERY recently meaning puff isnt all se's cracked up to be.

3. Mango wins tournies and beats top pros with Falco as well.

therefore the only conclusion is that hbox and mango are simply the top 2 players in the world, and jiggs is simply a tourny-viable, good char.

That being said, im in favor of jiggs moving above falcon and peach on the current list.
Aniki beat ken with link once.

We should probably take him out of the top tier.

Anywho, ban = no top tier = yes.

Seriously guys, let's just put her in top tier first, see how everything goes, and see if she should be banned later on <_<; This thread is getting out of hand with people , that don't know ****, arguing (brawlers even :D).

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Or just ban her and start having fun playing this stupid game. Jiggs is literally the only match up that feels like boring tedious work. I put in all my effort into playing safe, but one mistake and I'm down a stock.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Or just ban her and start having fun playing this stupid game. Jiggs is literally the only match up that feels like boring tedious work. I put in all my effort into playing safe, but one mistake and I'm down a stock.
That's what it feels like to play fox with alot of different characters. Except it ain't as easy to do with him.

Also, fun shouldn't be a factor since it is a personal opinion, and boring is a ******** comment to bring into a discussion like this.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
banning Jigglypuff would be the worst thing I have ever seen a major competitive community ever do. do it, I want to see this **** go down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom