• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff for Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Too many people are missing the point of this thread. By a long, long, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooongshot.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
1. Why should we follow what the brawl community does/ does not. Two different games, two different communities. For us to ban Jiggs if they ban MK is just bad logic.

2. I think people are freaking out over Mango and Hungry Box just dominating the scene lately. I didn't hear anyone crying from the hilltops that Marth should be banned during the time that Ken was dominating every tournament he went to, or when M2K was having his way with people BEFORE mango entered the scene.

3. I think it's fair to say the people still aren't that familiar with the match up enough. In a year from now, if the community is still going strong, I highly doubt that Jiggs will be so dominating.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
STFU :mad:

you guys are literally saying the same thing over and over. :mad:

1st guy

"Jiggz iz gey, she shood be bant so we dont have to deel wit her broken ***, + no more jiggz dittoz. and she raeps evry mu"

2nd guy

"How *** we didnt ban marf sense m2k ken and azen wer dominating wit him???"

3rd guy

"You're all morons"

SDC

Smash Lord
STFU :mad:

you guys are literally saying the same thing over and over. :mad:

1st guy

"Jiggz iz gey, she shood be bant so we dont have to deel wit her broken ***, + no more jiggz dittoz. and she raeps evry mu"

2nd guy

"How *** we didnt ban marf sense m2k ken and azen wer dominating wit him???"

3rd guy

"You're all morons"
1st guy: is an idiot

2nd guy: is trying to reason with 1st guy.

3rd guy: is agitated and annoyed that 2nd guy legitimized 1st guy's opinion by responding to him.

TL;DR Let's get back on topic: Jigglypuff for top tier. Discuss.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Well I still think (and may be wrong) that the best way to deal with the puff of jiggly is not to play her game because she is better at it simple as that. What game? Spaceing stopping you from solidly approaching. WHen I played this one guy that was a puff I tryed to get around her treat her diifferent(I was pichu so factor that in). I would try to stay close to pron mistakes and duck under bairs(lol I really ducked under a lot of them) I tapped on barely anything and took a lot of damage so I said F*** that and just ran around till I felt I should attack nearly camping her I did a lot more damge to her even if I still lost I played trickier I would bait her to follow me into the air up-B down and start punishing her for being tricked above me I predicted her di when tundering a lot and racked up a little damage.

I would get close stay away and randomly wd under her for an up-smash and projetile every now and then. Really I just ran away waited attacked smartly and it helped a lot I even got a nair nair combo. Really If I can learn and work with less tools people need to figure out how to win with tools

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
you know i have to deal with that same **** in brawl always *****ing about MK even though he's LESS dominant at the top level. When people MK ditto me I always 2-3 stock them, but I never get credit it's always wah I'mma ***** about MK even tho I get 3 stocked in dittos and don't place top 3 (with the other top 2 being snake and diddy)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Jiggz dittos are awesome, its way more easy because its wayyy to easy to kill with rest
(May even have the knockback to OHKO)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
People say that Jiggs is too dominant etc etc

but Mango has beat hbox with Falcon and Fox within the last 6 months. how do you explain that then?

i dare someone to use the "mango is just better than hbox" argument.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
People say that Jiggs is too dominant etc etc

but Mango has beat hbox with Falcon and Fox within the last 6 months. how do you explain that then?

i dare someone to use the "mango is just better than hbox" argument.
and sheik earlier.

Velox

Smash Ace
it is possible that mango is just better than hbox

that is if you assume that Jigglypuff should be beating Foxes or Falcons..

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The community is amazing, but you're right about the Johns! People just can't accept how f***en amazing both Mango and Hbox are! It's ridiculous! I don't see why the people complaining just don't pick up Jiggs? They don't want to put the time and effort of learning the character! Is she not the easiest character to pick up like a lot of people keep saying? Man the f**k up people!
This would be nice. Then people would start to acknowledge how limited jigglypuff is as a character, and people would finally start johning.

Notice how much of the players saying jigglypuff is amazing aren't jigglypuff players?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dude, i dont really know about mango, but hbox's jiggz looks really good,
it can probably beat mine....

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
This would be nice. Then people would start to acknowledge how limited jigglypuff is as a character, and people would finally start johning.

Notice how much of the players saying jigglypuff is amazing aren't jigglypuff players?
M2K said that Mango called puff "dumb" or something, which in this case I'm taking to mean "amazing".

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
IN ANY EVENT OF SKILL REQUIRING OR LACKING EVENT OF PLAYERS ON NEUTARL STAGE IF THEY JOHN BECAUSE TACTICS ARE BROKEN AND AREN'T IN THE LEVEL OF WOBBLING, FREEZE GLITCH, INF. , OR ABUSING UNSTOPPABLE INV. FRAMES WHAT YOU TELL THE OTHER PLAYER TO DO IS TO GET BETTER OR DEMAND MONEY FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO AVOID OR BEAT THE TACTIC MAKEING THAT TACTIC LESS USEFUL, SPAMABLE OR WHAT HAVE YOU.

M2k people hated mk becuase at low levels noobs can't understand that because they picked mk first they would win wtf when I plaed brawl I trained and lost to my brothers half A** mk when hebargged about his skill and whatever. At high levels he is more legit and shouldn't be johned about as much. But that's off topic for the most part.

SDC

Smash Lord
you know i have to deal with that same **** in brawl always *****ing about MK even though he's LESS dominant at the top level. When people MK ditto me I always 2-3 stock them, but I never get credit it's always wah I'mma ***** about MK even tho I get 3 stocked in dittos and don't place top 3 (with the other top 2 being snake and diddy)
M2K you know that's probably just because

A. Ally and ADHD are ****ing awesome.

B. Ally is using metaknight too now.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lol. Such Ganon hate.
he's in the exact same spot in my list as in the current tier list.
raistlin or some jiggs got 9th at genesis and darc got 13th when he should have done much better cuz he went even with shiz in their set. Hbox got 3rd i believe losing puff dittos to mango twice without having a shot at armada

top 5 at rom2 was 3 jiggs

and all the jiggs players admit their character is stupid

the popularity of a character does not determine how good it is.

I do not want jiggs banned but if MK gets banned then jiggs should too, because she is more dominant at the top level, just not as popular by the masses. If a big tourney has mk banned but not jiggs then I'm done smash or at very least not attending those tourneys
this post was very legit until the 7th word of the last paragraph... 1. mk isn't going to be banned since lately his dominance as severely lowered and people have learned the match-up quite well (afaik) 2. what the brawl community does with its game shouldn't have a bearing on what we do with Melee because the brawl community sucks, and whines about things even more than melee players whine about jiggs, and that's saying a lot.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
he's in the exact same spot in my list as in the current tier list.
Lol I just know you believe Ganon vs DK is even and when I saw your list with DK right after Ganon I laughed. The tier list is outdated. Ganon should seriously be top of the mid tier, and DK is somewhere lower in the mid tier.

So yeah jiggs is top tier.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Lol I just know you believe Ganon vs DK is even and when I saw your list with DK right after Ganon I laughed. The tier list is outdated. Ganon should seriously be top of the mid tier, and DK is somewhere lower in the mid tier.

This pretty much invalidates anything you say.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
If mango can beat Hbox with Fox and Falcon then there is NO PROOF for jiggs being broken/too good.

further more, if you attempt to make the arguement that mango > hbox as a player then the same can be said for why they both win tournies with puff. THEY ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.

There is simply no proof for jiggs being broken/too good/whatever.

the facts are:
1. there are only two top jiggs.
if you want to count raislin and darc, then iguess falcon must be broken as well because we always have the same number of Falcons and Jiggs in the top 15 at big tournies.

2. Hbox has lost to mango's fox and falcon VERY recently meaning puff isnt all se's cracked up to be.

3. Mango wins tournies and beats top pros with Falco as well.

therefore the only conclusion is that hbox and mango are simply the top 2 players in the world, and jiggs is simply a tourny-viable, good char.

That being said, im in favor of jiggs moving above falcon and peach on the current list.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs easily deserves to be top tier if not the best the only debate for me is Fox/Jiggs.

One fact that I believe is the answer to this question is:

Would Mango who is the best at this game and is very capable of beating top players with multiple characters consistently place higher than he already does without using Jigglypuff?

Answer: I doubt it. Why don't you see Mango go Falco or Fox or Falcon only? Because those characters have limitations that make them worse than Jigglypuff. He's already an amazing player and combined with Puff's mechanics it makes him that much better than everyone else.

Sure he beat HBox with Fox at Winterfest but what happened at Pound 4? He quickly switched back to Puff and won the set, it gave him the best chance to win because Fox has limitations. Mango himself said that going Fox is horrible unless he's warmed up which means unless played at a very high level Fox is at an disadvantage.

You could say that I'm basing this solely on two players but these are the two best players in the world and they both play Jiggs as their mains. Mango on the other hand can play other characters at a top level as well so there's nothing wrong with using them as an example.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

lol ganon vs. dk is 55-45 but the match-up chart was 6-4 or 5-5 and 5-5 is more accurate.
dk's only after ganon because ganon is the worst out of samus doc & ganon, and those three are most definitely better than luigi and dk. dk and luigi.... their placement doesn't really matter, luigi could be above DK and i wouldn't care. but that's my list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom