• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I guess I was more impressed with Ally since he didn't actually main Wario. Also, what are you talking about? The fact that Peach doesn't have a platform to protect her means that Wario has a way easier time approaching.

Tesh

Smash Hero
well if you say so, when i play the matchup i prefer the platforms so i dont die at 90%, but peach is still alot tougher than sonic

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
According to what M2K told me SLS was at the Sumabato where Vinnie got 2nd but SLS apparently lost his controller so he didn't enter singles.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
From what Havok told me he got to play SLS quite a bit. From his experience from playing him he thinks Masha is better, with Falco at least.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think SLS plays Falco seriously anymore. I mean it's more than a year ago since he showed up to his first tourneys with Falco and since then he's played a lot of characters - just not Falco.

:059:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I thought he always played multiple characters, even though he only went Falco in his first few tournaments.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think what's important is that thinking of SLS as a "Falco player" is kind of misleading and similar to thinking of Rain as a Falco player. If you played Rain's Falco now I doubt it'd be a good representation of what he's capable of with the character. He just isn't a Falco player anymore and neither is SLS.

Keitaro

I don't even know what character SLS plays anymore. Although SLS hasn't entered as Falco for a long time like Rain, SLS also has barely been to any tournaments. So he could be playing Falco very often and we just don't know it.

Reminds me of Ganbaranai. Ganbaranai on the other hand will drop a character for another one and never go the original character he mained again.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
I hope he'll go Pikachu so that we'll have some entertaining representation of the character

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Was on facebook and Vinnie mentioned ADHD which made me remember.....

ADHD practices once every 2 to 3 months and when he does he goes 2ndaries 95% of the time. Then he goes to a tourney and beats Nairo, M2K, and Vinnie. He also got 7th at the last Apex with little practice losing to Nietono in losers. Imagine how far he could have gotten if he didn't fight Nietono hmm...

We'll see this year.
Nientono is Brawls Armada. he destroyed everything w had @ apex. :sonic:

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato X 17.5 is starting to get stacked. The following players [among others ofc] have signed themselves up as of now: 9B, Kie, Earth, Akira, fuwa, Ganbaranai, Aki, Kakera, Cross, Souther, Torin, Sakasaka and Edge. For a couple of players this will be the last pre-Apex rehearsal!

AllyKnight

all he did was perfect X (who only had 2 stocks in a bad matchup) and 1 stock razer. Thats not nearly as good as abadango.

FD, that grab release. I know patient helps alot, but without platforms that matchup can be a real pain.

Well throwing out an unsafe Dsmash was a big risk. I knew Abadango was waiting on it though.

Abadango will give me a good reason to follow Apex closely after all the flashy underdogs drown.
ummm I took all of razer's stock. but dont care about the rest of the post lol im no wario main

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sorry I worded that in a confusing way. I didn't mean he took 1 stock from Razer, I mean he "1 stocked him", as in finished him with only a stock to spare.

But, yea Ally is no Wario main, and I was just saying based on that comparison, Abadango did something far more impressive taking out players more threatening than razer and X.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not sure whom of the people Abadango beat is more threatening than Razer. I can see Maguro being on the same level and while I also agree that Abadango's feat is more impressive than Ally's I think you need to be a bit moer careful about what you say or how you say it. A lot of people seem to misunderstand you.

Keitaro

I was gonna mention that Razer did get 7th/400 at the last Apex so there are very few, even in Japan that can be considered better than him.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm not sure whom of the people Abadango beat is more threatening than Razer. I can see Maguro being on the same level and while I also agree that Abadango's feat is more impressive than Ally's I think you need to be a bit moer careful about what you say or how you say it. A lot of people seem to misunderstand you.

to be quite honest, 3 stocked, 2 stocked, 1 stocked and pretty common terms and i dont see why they got confused. In the matchup I'd say MKs and Peach are more threatening than Snake and Sonic. I'm not certain Maguro/M2K are better than Razer and I'm not certain Kie is better than X, but the matchups... This is kind of pointless now though, because Ally is still a more threatening player than Abadango imo because he has a range of top level CP options.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That statement was wrong on many levels. I knew Orion's 65th/130 was a poor representation of his skill and that Japan's MKs were really good. Just didn't expect them to be M2K level at all.

Thinking their MKs were garbage was silly imo after Brood came and got 2nd at 2010 and he wasn't even their best Olimar.
aye what I said was based on results. In that time what I said mad sense logically :p

Keitaro

I just realized that SLS was at both Sumabato and SRT and did not enter either of them...

*trying to contain anger*

Top Bottom