• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
hmm seems interesting to me
No Japanese means that we have to wait till Apex before we can really see how they do.

EDIT: Could someone post the Sumabato stream? would really apriciate it

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i actually won past 6 sets vs nairo and past several vs vinnie but Zero/GonzaloBarrios is the player who I have constantly been teaching like, every single thing that I know. I told you he could win Apex months ago but no one believed me. All you need is ... to want it really badly. That's why he has a very good chance of winning, and I'm giving him detailed guides/info on every single thing that I know so he can reach it, as I've been doing for past few months (and past 2 years but mostly past 3 months). Don't be suprised if he wins - I won't.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
i actually won past 6 sets vs nairo and past several vs vinnie but Zero/GonzaloBarrios is the player who I have constantly been teaching like, every single thing that I know. I told you he could win Apex months ago but no one believed me. All you need is ... to want it really badly. That's why he has a very good chance of winning, and I'm giving him detailed guides/info on every single thing that I know so he can reach it, as I've been doing for past few months (and past 2 years but mostly past 3 months). Don't be suprised if he wins - I won't.
I did believe you actualy. Zero has always been a player who got my interests

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Esam beat Ally since Sktar, Whobo n Waba

Zero has the best mentor in the world. hence explains why he won. until he beats Ally, Anti n ESAM im not sold.

:sonic:

:phone:

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
lol possibly. Anti is a beast vs all midtiers and he usually destroys them. He helps make MK look broken vs anyone that isn't high tier.

At SKTAR Anti did beat M2K but M2K's record vs Anti is still something like 13-3 in M2K's favor. Recently they have been going back and forth but I wouldn't be surprised if what happened to M2K and Nairo happened to Anti and M2K (they go even cause they haven't played often then when they play often M2K begins to 3-1 or 3-0 Nairo 5 times in a row)

It is kinda unlikely to see M2K destroy Anti though. Anti is very smart and imo smarter than Nairo. Nairo don't attack me if you see this :O
I beat Esam's pikachus set 1 gfs. he had to stay ICS for set 2 :p. Not as good as Anti did though lol

Jtails

Smash Lord
yeah anyone could do it if they had such inside knowledge and consistent practice. Which is why I was excited to house you at one point but you never showed up lol.

which is why I try to money match top players because they know better than to friendly me.

It's not simply about just wanting it, it's also about resources and which players you have access to practice against.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Spoken like a genius. but any updates on the Japanese tourney?

:sonic:

:phone:
Low tier doubles
1: DIO :ganonbrawl: & Sakasaka :kirbybrawl:
2: Cross :sheikbrawl: & Hukkura :sheikbrawl:

Doubles
1: Kakera :metaknightbrawl: & Sakasaka :metaknightbrawl:
2: Akira :metaknightbrawl: & Souther :snakebrawl:

Round robin
1: 9B
2: Akira
3: Hayase
3: Souther
3: Busa
3: Gomamugitya

Keitaro

I love seeing Akira do well :D

I remember back in 2008 when he was considered best in Japan. Everyone was scared of his name lol.

Keitaro

So 10 out of 14 Japanese Brawl players arrive to the US on Tuesday. I will be meeting up with them that day and will try to get some matches of one of them against Zero. Not sure who though.

I'm thinking Mikeneko vs Zero, or Abadango vs Zero.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
So 10 out of 14 Japanese Brawl players arrive to the US on Tuesday. I will be meeting up with them that day and will try to get some matches of one of them against Zero. Not sure who though.

Im very excited to see that if it goes on youtube.

Keitaro

Just remembered that Wario desyncs in my Emulator 50% of the time :( May still find a way to record Abadango and Zero though.

Might do Mikeneko vs Zero and Mew2King or Quiksilver vs Otori or something.

Random but my crewmate Jbandrew 2-0ed Quiksilver in a money match with his pocket ROB 0_o I didn't even know Jband had a ROB to be honest. Quik did go 2-1 against Denti in mms which was pretty good imo.
Keitaro, you still have to upload to video files I sent you too! :bee:

:059:
I knew I was forgetting something :p That time that Chibo was at my place would have been the most perfect time to record those matches too. I forgot how you sent them to me. Skype? I need to find the replays.

clowsui

Smash Legend

Zero sucks *** vs Marth. Don't do it

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Random but my crewmate Jbandrew 2-0ed Quiksilver in a money match with his pocket ROB 0_o I didn't even know Jband had a ROB to be honest. Quik did go 3-1 against Denti in mms which was pretty good imo.
I guess there aren't any ROBs in Europe for Quik to need to know the MU or the Infinite.

Seriously that MU is crap for ROB.

Wait was Quik using ZSS or Samus?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It was with ZSS but he also said it was the first set he played so he wasn't warmed up. He did win two out of three MMs against Denti's Olimar with ZSS though. And I'm not sure how the MU is supposed to be "crap" when ZSS is kinda mediocre and doesn't really **** anybody to begin with.

Keitaro

I guess there aren't any ROBs in Europe for Quik to need to know the MU or the Infinite.

Quik tried to do the infinite 3 or 4 times but couldn't get it to work.

Zero sucks *** vs Marth. Don't do it
Yeah he told me that too. Hmm...

It was with ZSS but he also said it was the first set he played so he wasn't warmed up. He did win two out of three MMs against Denti's Olimar with ZSS though. And I'm not sure how the MU is supposed to be "crap" when ZSS is kinda mediocre and doesn't really **** anybody to begin with.

Yeah I picked up Quik from the airport and brought him to Philly where that set was his 4th match of the day but that was still very shocking even though Jband's pocket characters have beaten players like Fatal and DEHF's MK in tourney. He better make sure he gets warmup before Apex then. Denti does think Quik's ZSS is the best around.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

She doesn't really **** anybody except ROB, you mean ;)

To put it down to basics, ZSS is great at juggling, while ROB is very susceptible to juggling. tbh as a ROB main I'd rather be above a Metaknight than a ZSS lmao.

ZSS also has an infinite on ROB.

So yeah, the MU is +3 in ZSS favour, +2 if the ZSS player can't do the infinite.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I think so too!

Juggling alone never makes a match-up that bad.

There's a bit more to it, but I didn't want to give any false information and have ZSS and other ROB players yell at me for being bad and wrong ;)

But, I'll give it to you anyway and risk the backlash.

First of all, even if the ZSS player can't do the infinite, Dsmash gives her oppurtunities for a lot of damage and a setup into a juggling scenario, which is even more damage.

Second, ZSS is really mobile, so camping isn't a great option because she can easily avoid the projectiles (which need to be charged so they can't really be spammed) and get in.

At close quarters, ZSS outspeeds ROB on pretty much everything. Dtilt pops us up into the air and, once again, sets up for Juggling. So does Ftilt. Jab just interrupts everything we do, and she can Jab 1 and run away and not be punished.

So yeah, some stuff might be wrong but that's basically why it's such a crappy MU

PEACE7

Smash Champion

ZSS is a crappy mu for Rob if she knows the MU well otherwise she gets *****, I doubt there's many Robs in EU. Best ZSS against Rob has got to be V imo.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The juggling really does affect the MU that much, Gheb. Trust me. It's more relevant to the MU than the infinite because the infinite is fairly hard to do and it only works if the dsmash hits while ROB is on flat ground that isn't near the edge. And it's even harder to do at low percents. And there are many ways to do the infinite and I'm not sure if Quik chose the easiest (I didn't see)

If ZSS is juggling properly, ROB will have to resort to his upB to get back to the ground (no, this isn't theorycraft, this is based off of my experience vs Holy). The MU is +1/+2 for ZSS when she's not using the infinite and +2/+3 when she is. +2 is probably the most accurate number for now, I would push for +3 but the MU rarely happens at any notable level nowadays (haven't played Holy since June).

Top Bottom