• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Honestly I'm more hyped for Europe than I am for Japan XD
I want my salty runback against Ramin, as well as a chance to play Leon and Quik.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Tyrant, Mikehaze, Fow, me, Rich Brown, Z, SK92, Zex, Sky, Havok, Tearbear, and Zekey are all the players that I currently know of coming to Apex from the WC.

Tyrant, Me, and Rich probably the top 3 players from that bunch.

Also, Tyrant probably isn't better than Anti, Nairo, or Mew2king, but I would at least put them at the same skill level.

zmx

Smash Lord
Tyrant, Mikehaze, Fow, me, Rich Brown, Z, SK92, Zex, Sky, Havok, Tearbear, and Zekey are all the players that I currently know of coming to Apex from the WC.

Tyrant, Me, and Rich probably the top 3 players from that bunch.

Also, Tyrant probably isn't better than Anti, Nairo, or Mew2king, but I would at least put them at the same skill level.
I disagree. There's a clear distintion between Tyrant and the others. Tyrant seems to me to be one of those players that does amazing in his own region but not so hot in others. I think it's possible Tyrant just knows you guys too well. I'd say the likes of Ally/Anti/Nairo/Zero/Kakera/Otori/M2K are easily a tier above him. And results seem to show this.

JTsm

Smash Master
When you get 3 stocked by salem and ultimately lose the set, you are not on par with Anti/Ally/M2k/Zero.

zmx

Smash Lord
DEHF does better in SoCal than Tyrant does
But Tyrant still does better in SoCal than anywhere else. Plus the last WC tourney I saw, he won beating DEHF. Don't remember the name.

And yet didn't he not even make top 5 at that tourney that had Ally,Shugo, Salem, L-cancel etc? Not to say it wasn't stacked at all but all the same, it's not like it was bursting with top players.

When you get 3 stocked by salem and ultimately lose the set, you are not on par with Anti/Ally/M2k/Zero.
Yeah I think this was at the tourney I was talking about.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Tyrant isn't a member of the Elite... however he is the best MK N.America has after the top 4.

Tyrant seems to suffer the same problem Rain does.

SO I have a question... who can stop the Japanese & Zero?????

:sonic:

zmx

Smash Lord
Tyrant isn't a member of the Elite... however he is the best MK N.America has after the top 4.

Tyrant seems to suffer the same problem Rain does.

SO I have a question... who can stop the Japanese & Zero?????

:sonic:
Some random guy everybody forgot about and is slept on.

You know, usual Apex stuff.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Zero has already been stopped recently, getting 7th yesterday losing to ADHD and Dabuz. But he is certainly still on Nairo/Anti/M2K level of MK.

zmx

Smash Lord
Zero has already been stopped recently, getting 7th yesterday losing to ADHD and Dabuz. But he is certainly still on Nairo/Anti/M2K level of MK.
I missed this stream and I didn't see any results posted today even in the console tournament listing section so I assumed the tournament never happened or something lol.

Glad to see I'm not going crazy because I was SURE you were hyping up a tournament for this weekend but saw no sign of it.

Are full results going to be posted soon?

Keitaro

I missed this stream and I didn't see any results posted today even in the console tournament listing section so I assumed the tournament never happened or something lol.

Glad to see I'm not going crazy because I was SURE you were hyping up a tournament for this weekend but saw no sign of it.

Are full results going to be posted soon?
ADHD just beat Zero again today 3-0 in winners finals. Check out the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/ABStreams

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
But Tyrant still does better in SoCal than anywhere else. Plus the last WC tourney I saw, he won beating DEHF. Don't remember the name.

And yet didn't he not even make top 5 at that tourney that had Ally,Shugo, Salem, L-cancel etc? Not to say it wasn't stacked at all but all the same, it's not like it was bursting with top players.

Yeah I think this was at the tourney I was talking about.
Yeah I get you, I was just addressing the part where you said he does 'amazing' in SoCal cause I found it a bit odd to say something like that when he doesn't have the clear-best performance there.

Regardless I don't think Tyrant is getting top 12 at Apex 2013. He didn't even make top 16 at Apex 2012 and this year he has more top-level japanese players and ZeRo to worry about (not to mention 2 more ZSS players :troll:)

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Collision:
1.Anti
2.Nairo
3.Bizkit
4.Vinnie
5.ADHD
5.Dabuz
7.Zero
7.Denti

I believe that is top 8 for the tourney Keitaro was talking about earlier.

Keitaro

United Results:

1st: ADHD
2nd: Zero
3rd: Vinnie
4th: Nairo
5th: Salem
5th: Denti
7th: Quiksilver

Quiksilver vs Salem was soooo epic!! The most even set I ever watched.

JTsm

Smash Master
Bizkit placing 3rd is only because m2k forfeited. Beating Denti, Raptor and vinnie is great, but that's it.

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
United Results:

1st: ADHD
2nd: Zero
3rd: Vinnie
4th: Nairo
5th: Salem
5th: Denti
7th: Quiksilver

Quiksilver vs Salem was soooo epic!! The most even set I ever watched.
Interesting results. Who beat Nairo in winners? And are any videos going to be posted?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
DEHF does better in SoCal than Tyrant does

No lol, Both of them typically dominate for months at a time, but its a fallacy to say DEHF does better than tryant, on the whole. The last two tournaments DEHF entered tyrant beat him at, the two before that dehf won ect.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
I hope at least some people realize there is hardly any 'best zss' ..
I would have said the same thing if i won, it doesnt matter SO MUCH who win that last hit dito. Salem and me and also some other ZSS in the world are top with its strength and weaks. We also practiced together last night and showed new options to each other

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Holy **** that match was intense! Good stuff to both you & Salem.

Keitaro

I hope at least some people realize there is hardly any 'best zss' ..
I would have said the same thing if i won, it doesnt matter SO MUCH who win that last hit dito. Salem and me and also some other ZSS in the world are top with its strength and weaks. We also practiced together last night and showed new options to each other

Yeah I think people were doubting you a bit too much. Overall no ZSS main is S tier lol. I warned people of how great your follow ups are. Hope you can take out big names at Apex!

Btw on Wednesday I will be picking you and Eazy up and bring you guys to Ish's place.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I readed that there are going 14 Japanese players going to Apex 2013 but I can only name 13 =(
Who is the last one going?
I know about:
Otori
Rain
Kakera
9B
Mikeneko
Abadango
Suinoko
Kuroobi
Earth
Kairo