• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
It is a bit strange. It's the day before Apex and still no videos are posted and apart from that Zero FB post courtesy of Rajam, we've gotten no updates on how the Japanese are doing. Last time iirc he posted multiple videos a few days before Apex, including even a trailer and gave detailed descriptions after playing the Japanese.

Who knows. Maybe he's just really busy this time around being a Brawl TO and all.
I don't want to give the impression, I'm upset with keitaro.

As much as I wish he would upload some vids I understand he may be very very busy, and I appreciate the work he's doing for the community.

I just can't wait till tomorrow ROFL.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah I'm sorry guys. False got here late so I couldn't record sound until 6 but by then I had to finish brawl doubles and now I have to pick up and unload 80 tvs for Apex. I will 100% have vids up tonight cause False recently got here but for now I'm pretty busy. Tonight means up to 5 am btw.

Keitaro

Same thing happened at SKTAR. Couldn't do HD uploads cause I was busy prepping for the tourney. This time I'm twice as busy but I already got matches recorded in HD with custom intros but no sound effects. I needed False's laptop to do it and he came 10 hours later than expected.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm sorry guys. False got here late so I couldn't record sound until 6 but by then I had to finish brawl doubles and now I have to pick up and unload 80 tvs for Apex. I will 100% have vids up tonight cause False recently got here but for now I'm pretty busy. Tonight means up to 5 am btw.
I would rather you get sleep than stay up till 5 AM uploading matches!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why bother with HD Keitaro, doesn't that take alot longer?

Also I'm wondering, can't you just record replays from a Wii U to get HD anyway without all that trouble or certain characters desyncing?

Keitaro

I can only record HD as I don't have a normal capture card. I am also an extremist when it comes to quality with videos so I always prefer HD with intros.

Heading home from Apex venue. Vids will go up throughout the late night.

Keitaro

Ended up recording the sound incorrectly....sigh.

This will be delayed again. Will still likely come out before Saturday but I don't want to promise anything anymore since I gotta start hosting brawl tomorrow.

Catch me on stream for now guys.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
It's all cool Keitaro. Just give the hypest commentary you can give :D that way I can still hype like **** and die because of it.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeeee any Keitaro commentary is wonderful. Even with pierce in it, it's not too bad/10.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wario just isn't that good and Kuroobi isn't anything special, nor did he have any outstanding placings or wins in Japan after his upset against Otori, which is more than a year ago. Shu is still their best Snake but a bit inconsistent, Shogun is more consistent but his best play isn't as good as Shu's best play and the same holds true for Souther who is probably about as good as Shogun. Busa might also be better than Kuroobi. There are some good international Snakes apart from that [Rafa and Atilla are both not to be slept on] but they have little Top tier practice.

After Apex I think there are many decent Snake players that are just about to make it to top-level play but are inconsistent or lack matchup experience - the latter is cruicial for Snake. That's why american Snake players are the best now, although I hear Razer is quitting =/

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lol, no he decided to quit before Apex, but couldn't refund his plane ticket or something.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Wario just isn't that good
You mean not that good like ZSS and Marth? :bee:

Snake is a very inconsistent character by default. It hasn't to do with the players. There are already some really good Snake players, like Ally. But Snake is just not really capable of winning a tournament like APEX, he is just too inconsistent with Match-Ups like MK, Falco, Wario, DDD, Olimar etc., even a Pit or Samus can be extremely hard for Snake.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
character wise the results are really weird. ZSS winning, 2 Marths in top 8, ofcourse 4 MK's but everybody expected that. Nobody expected Dabuz to make top 8 although Olimar making top 8 isn't that weird, No Diddy in top 16, only Ally's Snake in top 16, No Ice Climbers in top 8.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You mean not that good like ZSS and Marth? :bee:
Those two are better than Wario for sure. Both Marth and ZSS have numerous soft-counters that make them borderline viable, which is what I've always said about Marth. Wario is just straight-up too easily countered by DDD or MK and he has not a single advantage against any good character. The best character Wario beats is Wolf, who is borderline tier. That pretty much says it all about Wario.

:059:

Mike2

Smash Ace
This is from Kurobis twitter:

"海外くそコミュまとめ ・leonの半ケツ ・サブウェイ ・ブラッドクロスの顔芸 ・山だと思ったらRyoだった"

What does it mean?

Tesh

Smash Hero
uh...well according to google translate...

"It was Ryo I thought it was a mountain of ***-face-art subway Cross Blood · leon half of community collectively ****" Overseas

Top Bottom