• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

C.J.

Smash Master
Abadango gets bodied at apex- second today

Otori- gdlk at apex, bodied here

I give up on Japanese tournaments. This happens all the time.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Japan is small, look at how Salem performed in his own region before Apex. When the the only people who gave him much trouble was M2K (from his region) and Mr R. Its tough to be consistent against people that know your style/tricks. Its why Salem crushed OoS and OoC and never has won a local and probably never will.

Japan's size probably gives it alot of players who learns each other, but the isolation gives them trouble when they run into other styles sometimes. Rain seems to lose to different people every time he comes to NA.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
These results make absolutely no sense and I'm slightly annoyed by that

:phone:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Nietono what the hell are you doing?

I messaged him on twitter saying Apex won't be the same without him and he messaged me back "I have no drive to play the game anymore". He still enters but he went random? Waste of skill *cries*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
A lot less upsets than I expected. Misaka > Otori and Luminous > El are the only notable ones. Yui should stick to Fox - losing to random in R1 and then to Peach in losers doesn't suit him well. Doubles isn't big enough a deal to sacrifice one's skills with a character as good as Fox. The rest looks like the typical japanese bracket randomness.

Booo @Snake players taking each other out in losers.

:059:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
U r loved by women and children everywhere

Wait... who sets up these brackets??? If u notice the top players are often from the same quad... Well the tourneys I've aid attention to at least

O wait... they r free...

:sonic:
I also noticed this for this tournament. It is a problem that Rain's tournaments often have. I think they may do some sort of random seeding.

Brood vs Misaka and winner fights the winner of Abadango vs Otori shouldn't be happening while Kamemushi, Nyanko, Luminious, and Kie are in their own quad. I try not to complain about it much cause nearly no Japanese check this thread. In a way I respect them for doing this but I still would do more seeding than this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The seeds 1, 2 and 3 are being assigned to players via their pool results. 1st seed always gets a bye and plays the winner of 2nd seed vs 3rd seed in the next round. Apart from that everything is randomly made and that's how they always did it. This can lead to things like Otori, 9B, M2K and Nietono being in the same quarter of winners bracket at SRT or Abadango, Misaka, Otori and Brood in one quarter - which essentially means that one of them can not place any better than 13th. It may look random and stupid to people who arn't used to it but it's actually no less competitive. In addition to that it makes results and brackets more diverse and no harm is done as there are no entry fees.

K-zaemon

Smash Rookie
Videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrHvDQDhJa9vUp7_RBI6PLs6NRomIZkOi

U r loved by women and children everywhere

Wait... who sets up these brackets??? If u notice the top players are often from the same quad... Well the tourneys I've aid attention to at least

O wait... they r free...

The rule says top 4 players of the last tournament may be seeded to other quartars.
But Otori and Brood got 9th at the last Piosma (December). They aren't top seeding players.

Tesh

Smash Hero
There is a metagame beyond the few Japanese that visit for Apex...

I don't see why you guys question the seeding. Its very fair, unlike super duper bias seeding based on ancient history.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrHvDQDhJa9vUp7_RBI6PLs6NRomIZkOi

The rule says top 4 players of the last tournament may be seeded to other quartars.
But Otori and Brood got 9th at the last Piosma (December). They aren't top seeding players.
Ah ha!!!!

@Tesh a bracket is ony a problem in my opinion when the players from 1 small area of the bracket end up being the ones that beat everyone. Thats when I have an issue. From that 1 QUAD they all ended up only losing to each other and placing as high as they could get otherwise.

I get where your coming from tho

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The next Sumabato [held on the 16th february] is on a good way to become stacked as hell. Among the 80 people that have signed themselves up: 9B, Suinoko, Earth, Masha, Sakasaka, Akira, Daiki, Aki, Kie, Hayase, Kakera, SLS [!], Souther, Cross and Abadango.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
This only needs Otori, Maguro, El and the godfather Rain to go.
Pretty much all the japanese MKs actually lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
I actually wasn't super impressed with what I saw that set. It was interesting, but I was hoping to see some tremendous item play from Peach.

I usually expect great things vs ZSS from Diddy, Wario, Peach etc. but I'm almost always disappointed.

Top Bottom