• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Going to meet up with Japan today! Expect and HD set the latest tomorrow morning!!
I readed that there are going 14 Japanese players going to Apex 2013 but I can only name 13 =(
Who is the last one going?
I know about:
Otori
Rain
Kakera
9B
Mikeneko
Abadango
Suinoko
Kuroobi
Earth
Kairo
Fuwa
Shimitake
Ayuha
Another one decided to randomly come last minute. Name is like Tamakake or somthing, forgot what Vinnie told me.

zmx

Smash Lord
Going to meet up with Japan today! Expect and HD set the latest tomorrow morning!!
Another one decided to randomly come last minute. Name is like Tamakake or somthing, forgot what Vinnie told me.
inb4TamakakewinsApex

Tesh

Smash Hero
still morning in the USA buddy, he has like 20 minutes east coast time

zmx

Smash Lord
still morning in the USA buddy, he has like 20 minutes east coast time
I'm in the same timezone actually (EC Canada). It's currently 11:50 AM. Sure it's technically still morning I suppose, but morning usually implies a bit earlier.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I heard there were a couple of issues with cops kicking Vex out of his appartment - at that time the japanese were with him as far as I know. I'm not sure whether Keitaro was involved with this but I heard quik, xzax and others were and it's possible that there will be delays.

:059:

zmx

Smash Lord
I heard there were a couple of issues with cops kicking Vex out of his appartment - at that time the japanese were with him as far as I know. I'm not sure whether Keitaro was involved with this but I heard quik, xzax and others were and it's possible that there will be delays.

Wow.

I wonder what happened. What bad timing too.

Tesh

Smash Hero

The Japanese always have a grand time when they come to the USA. Did they just hop in the Uhaul and go to a hotel?

All jokes aside, I didn't know the cops could kick you out of your own apartment. Evictions take time and notice and anything requiring immediate removal would be an arrest no?

zmx

Smash Lord
The Japanese always have a grand time when they come to the USA. Did they just hop in the Uhaul and go to a hotel?

All jokes aside, I didn't know the cops could kick you out of your own apartment. Evictions take time and notice and anything requiring immediate removal would be an arrest no?
Correct. You should get several notices first before being evicted. They can't just do it instantly. Well at least that's how it is in Canada anyway.

Arrests as you said are obviously a different story.

Anyway we probably shouldn't assume anything until we have the facts. No need to start spreading rumors.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
They supposedly got booted because they exceeded the amount of people allowed in one appartment.
Kuroan is not there.

Kel

Smash Master
Aw, if Kuroan and Gonta went I would probably have to hop in my car and drive to NJ just to hang out with them again.

Tesh

Smash Hero
People aren't allowed to visit you? I can imagine they simply made alot of smasher noise, which tends to happen.

zmx

Smash Lord
They supposedly got booted because they exceeded the amount of people allowed in one appartment.
Kuroan is not there.

Oh. Well in that case, that can definitely happen.

Wonder why this never happened before when the Japanese came.

ATT: Tesh

Yeah noise was probably a factor.

Edit:

Still no updates?

Rajam

Smash Champion
From ZeRo's facebook:

"Ultima actualizacion pre-Apex

Collision fue un duro torneo para mi. Tuve que enfrentarme a lo mejor de lo mejor en Matchups que simplemente tengo 0 experiencia o conocimiento, llamese Olimar y Diddy Kong. Luego al siguiente dia en United, le gane a Apple -ICs-, Quiksilver -ZSS-, Vinnie 2-0 -IC's- y perdi con ADHD 3-0 en WF's. Luego le gane 3-0 a Vinnie en LF's, pero perdi con ADHD de nuevo en GF's, pero 3-1.

Me di cuenta que si juego como me gusta jugar, tomando cada oportunidad posible, y siendo, en general, confiado y agresivo, le gano a cualquiera. Asi es como he 3 stockeado a M2K, 9b, 2 stockado a Otori, Kakera, Rain, etc.

De momento estoy entrenando con los japoneses en un complejo de apartamentos cerca del Apex en New Jersey. Los japoneses se iban a quedar donde Vex en Philly, pero cuando el dueño del complejo los vio con sus maletas y todo, hecho a todas las personas del apartamente, incluyendome a mi y al Neko. Yo justo estaba lavando mi ropa cuando un viejo me GRITA en la cara 'GET OUT', y yo como 'Dejeme agarrar mis cosas, y me voy. Necesito mi ropa' y el tipo no entendia. Luego de que Vex lo calmo, procedi a irme en auto con Bloodcross, Mikeneko, Kairo y Abadango. El auto estaba lleno a reventar, y me tuve que ir adelante con una maleta de viaje encima, pero, todo por el Smash ♥!

Luego llegamos al complejo de InternetExplorer/Hermano de Keitaro, y procedi a jugar con todos los Japoneses. Que manera de mejorar, y aprender en 1 dia. De momento, el que mas me cuesta es RAIN, debido a que te destruye por tus habitos, por lo que me obliga a mejorar todo mi juego, y no tener ningun solo habito para ganar. Excelente practica. Al principio, me costaban todos, pero luego de jugarle a Rain, y arreglar mi juego en todo sentido, pasn a 2-3 stockear a TODOS los japoneses. Eso seria todo de momento. De vuelta a practicar! Estoy con 9B de momento. Lo 3 stockie 3 veces en total, una en FD :D

Saludos!

PD: Kakera ♥"

Translation would be something like:

"Last update pre-Apex:

Collision was a hard tournament for me. I had to face the best of the best matchup-wise; matchups in which I simply have no experience nor knowledge, aka Olimar and Diddy. Then next day in United, I defeated Apple (IC), Quiksilver (ZSS), Vinnie 2-0 (IC), and I lost to ADHD 0-3 in WFs. Then I defeated Vinnie in LFs, but I lost again to ADHD in GFs 1-3.

I realized that if I play as I like to play, taking every possible oportunity, and being, in general, confident and agressive, I defeat anyone. That's how I've 3-stocked M2K, 9B, 2-stocked otori, kakera, RAIN, etc.

Now I'm training with the japanese in an apartment complex in New Jersey, near APEX. The japanese were going to stay with Vex in Philadelphia, but when the apartment owner saw them with their baggage and everything, he kicked out everyone there, including myself and nekokatsu (chilean player). I was washing my clothes when an old man yelled at my face "GET OUT", and I was like "Let me grab my stuff, and I'll leave. I need my clothes", but the guy didn't understand me. After Vex calmed him down, I proceeded to leave in a car along with Bloodcross, Mikeneko, Kairo and Abadango. The car was absolutely full, and I had to go in the front seat with a suitcase upon me, but everything is for smash ♥!

Then we arrived at InternetExplorer's apartment (Keitaro's brother), and I proceeded to play against the japanese. What a way to improve and learn, in 1 day. At this moment, the hardest player for me is RAIN, since he destroys you due to your habits, and hence he forces me to improve all my game, avoiding any habit in order to win. Excelent practice. At first, everyone was hard for me, but after playing with RAIN, and fix my game in all senses, I proceeded to 2 or 3-stock ALL the japanese. That would be all for now. Time to get back to practice! I'm with 9B right now; I 3-stocked him thrice in total, one in Final Destination :D

Best regards!

PS: kakera ♥"

More:

"Saludos!

PD: Kakera me miro todo el rato mientras escribía esto. Buen amigo y persona, es alguien muy alegre y cariñoso. Igual Otori. Otori -Kenta- es SUPER chistoso, y trolleamos caleta, igual con 9B. Le grito cosas como TATSUMAKI que es tornado, y lo spamea, jaja. Tambien le dije en japones ' Te agarrare los pezones' y procedi a hacerlo, y todo el complejo se murio de la risa, jajajaj. Buenos momentos!"

"Hi guys!

PS: kakera was staring at me the whole time I was writing this. He is a good friend and person, is very joyful and fond. Same for otori. otori (Kenta) is VERY funny, and we troll a lot, as well as with 9B. I yell things like TATSUMAKI which means tornado, and he spams that haha. Also I told him in japanese "I'll grab your nipples" and then I did so, and all the guys there just died laughing hahaha. Good times!"

"Ah, tambien, estoy con record positivo contra todos, especialmente 9b/Otori.

Otori me ha timeado 3 veces, dos por ledge grabs (iba ganando y gano por reglas) y otro normal. Pero yo tambien lo timeé 2 veces. De momento van a subir un set el cual gane contra el. Saludoooooos"

"Ah, also, I'm with positive record against everyone, specially against 9B and otori.

otori has timed me out thrice, twice by ledge grabs (I was winning but he won at the end by rules), and another one normally. But, I also timed him out twice. A set in which I defeated him should be uploaded soon. Byeeeee!"

"Tambien estoy practicando el match up de Diddy contra Suinoko, y el de Olimar vs Denti. Voy MUCHO mejor ahora."

"Also, I'm practicing the Diddy matchup against Suinoko, and the Olimar matchup against Denti. I'm A LOT better now."

zmx

Smash Lord
^Pretty much this.

For example, when he says he 3 stocked M2K, if he's referring to that first tourny...if you watch the video you'll notice M2K SDed at very low percent second stock and then gave up during the third stock (just killed himself on purpose).

Also saying you can beat literally anyone if you're on form is a pretty bold claim.

zmx

Smash Lord
Zero wont make top 8... Top 8 will US & JP

:sonic:

:phone:
I would not be surprised at all if he didn't.

He has to go through more than just MKs to win the whole tournament unless he gets incredibly lucky and he's said it himself, he struggles in those other matchups moreso.

Not to mention with people like Rain getting a chance to study him, I can definitely see him being taken out by other top MKs as well.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
No offense to Zero, but he often remembers the times he wins more than he loses. I have direct proof of this lol.

Last I saw Otori was beating Zero in sets by the end of Tuesday night. They were still overall 50/50 from what I saw. Same with Anti and Otori.

zmx

Smash Lord
Keitaro D= when are you going to upload something hype? I have to watch something now<3
Apex starts tomorrow morning and will last the whole weekend.

If he's going to upload something before the tourny, it has to be today.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I am literally clicking refresh on my youtube subscription page hoping keitaro posts some amazing video that will leave my eyes sore from colliding with my monitor.

zmx

Smash Lord
I am literally clicking refresh on my youtube subscription page hoping keitaro posts some amazing video that will leave my eyes sore from colliding with my monitor.
It is a bit strange. It's the day before Apex and still no videos are posted and apart from that Zero FB post courtesy of Rajam, we've gotten no updates on how the Japanese are doing. Last time iirc he posted multiple videos a few days before Apex, including even a trailer and gave detailed descriptions after playing the Japanese.

Who knows. Maybe he's just really busy this time around being a Brawl TO and all.

Top Bottom