• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Everything @ Apex 2013 will depend on the brackets

:sonic:

Top 8 Winners Bracket should be Nairo vs 9B, ESAM vs Rain, Anti vs Otori, M2K vs Ally
Interesting thought, Ally and M2K will likely not be on the same side of the bracket though. If they are it would be in winners semifinals instead of quaters. The rest looks good if it turns out that way.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sleeping on Brood! And mikeneko is a pretty big wild card. Being marth I could see him anywhere between like 33rd and top 6.

JTsm

Smash Master
I don't know how another :olimar: main can be exciting, but ok.

Excited to see 9B play. Wished he stayed :snake:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Sleeping on Brood! And mikeneko is a pretty big wild card. Being marth I could see him anywhere between like 33rd and top 6.
Brood is going? Thats actually pretty exciting
Brood's not going from my understanding. I'm looking forward to seeing how Earth does. He got 17th @ Apex 2010 & 17th @ Genesis, and lost close games. So he's only 2 matches away from top 10 if he can pull it this time, and anything is possible especially at Apex.

Keitaro

Here's the list of Japanese players going besides one player I forgot:

Otori
Kakera
Mikeneko
Rain
9b
Suinoko
Ayuha
Kairo
Fuwa
Earth
Kuroobi
Abadango

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Here's the list of Japanese players going besides one player I forgot:

Otori
Kakera
Mikeneko
Rain
9b
Suinoko
Ayuha
Kairo
Fuwa
Earth
Kuroobi
Abadango
Top 8 will include at least 3 of them, if not more. Thats all I can say as far as predictions go.
1 European player will be Top 16 as well.

Will be funny to look back, if my prediction was right or wrong :3

Is there an APEX prediction thread somewhere?

E: Urope:

- quiK (HYPE!)
- AscWolf
- Tay
- Siggi
- stiv64
- Gheb
- Luigi_player (HYPE!)
- Desti
- Ramin
- Leon
- Bjay

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh no I meant ESAM instead of Nietono, assuming the crew battle rules allowed him to switch characters. We are talking about a hypothetical "MK vs the world". Though I don't see why ESAM beating Nietono with ICs would be so absurd.

I just think someone at a top level with 2 characters would be more valuable than someone at a top level with only one (as far as we know).

Keitaro

Was on facebook and Vinnie mentioned ADHD which made me remember.....

ADHD practices once every 2 to 3 months and when he does he goes 2ndaries 95% of the time. Then he goes to a tourney and beats Nairo, M2K, and Vinnie. He also got 7th at the last Apex with little practice losing to Nietono in losers. Imagine how far he could have gotten if he didn't fight Nietono hmm...

We'll see this year.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
to much hype ...
to much good players ...
imposible to guess this.
I hope it will have many diffrent country's and many diffrent characters.
and hopefully no GF with 2 Japanese or USA guys because diffrent country's is more hype!

like most fun would be if top 12 was like 5 or 6 USA.+Ally and 6 Japanese maybe mixed with 1 europian player.

EDIT: What kind of player is Shimitake?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
My money is on Otori/Ally/Zero

wouldn't be surprised to see abadango win if he played like he did that one crew battle (hard to base skill off only 1 instance but still)

vinnie's random he could get 1st or 49th

i would not bet on me because I will attempt to play both games (especially since i have free entry + I do not want to let Ally/Armada down in either game so i have to be in both) and last time I tried this i did poorly losing close sets to rich/ocean

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I don't know. He was better recently on the stream matches than I saw of him last month than he was last year imo slightly. He also beat anti in a money match 2-1 at apex. He beat me like 1/4th of our games in a 12-hour (yes, 12 hour) session we had before apex 2012 last year. He talks to me a lot on facebook; he's really good and really dedicated, but his competition is kind of bad (Chile people).

Keitaro

Do you have a video to recommend that would best showcase his potential?
Here is Zero (Chile) vs Atomsk from last year in tourney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9t3ujbTtM

I think he is really really good, but he had to face Kakera early in MK dittos (who usually beats M2K in friendlies) and then he had to fight Rich Brown and he lost placing 17th which is still pretty incredible for his first OOR tourney.

He will be arriving to NJ early to attend my XSmash tourney in the sig next weekend where Nairo, Anti, Zinoto, ADHD, Vinnie and others will be there. Be sure to watch him on stream vs these guys.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Zero is amazing I love him and his MK. I can see Zero getting really high. He knows a lot and always tries to find a way to improve. Go Go Zero

strawhats

Smash Master
My money is on Otori/Ally/Zero

wouldn't be surprised to see abadango win if he played like he did that one crew battle (hard to base skill off only 1 instance but still)

vinnie's random he could get 1st or 49th

i would not bet on me because I will attempt to play both games (especially since i have free entry + I do not want to let Ally/Armada down in either game so i have to be in both) and last time I tried this i did poorly losing close sets to rich/ocean
Just a though, but would u say he's better than gluttony?Also u will do fine (have some faith in yourself man) in both games. (PLEASE DONT LOSE TO ICs in melee before top 8)

also u should probably get some friendlies/actual sets in with abadango.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Abandango played like a beast that crew battle. M2K is right to think that if he played like that the entire time he could win.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I don't know. He was better recently on the stream matches than I saw of him last month than he was last year imo slightly. He also beat anti in a money match 2-1 at apex.
LOL dont bring me into this, Im the same ***** who lost to Polt's Yoshi in a MM, I dont really give a **** about MM's especially if they're only for $5. If he want's to really play me just see me in bracket.

tekkie

Smash Master
zero's good but i don't think he's at m2k/nairo/otori/kakera/rain level, not to mention brood/mikeneko will be there plus all the american top tier mains B)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Didn't Ally basically do the same thing at genesis 2?
all he did was perfect X (who only had 2 stocks in a bad matchup) and 1 stock razer. Thats not nearly as good as abadango.
Other than the fact that it's Kie I fail to see what's so special about it.

:059:
FD, that grab release. I know patient helps alot, but without platforms that matchup can be a real pain.
The waft oss against the first mk was pretty awesome
Well throwing out an unsafe Dsmash was a big risk. I knew Abadango was waiting on it though.

Abadango will give me a good reason to follow Apex closely after all the flashy underdogs drown.

Top Bottom