• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
M2K, you should buy or rent a wii for Apex, and practice for 2 weeks straight like you did @ Genesis, and I'm sure you could win.

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Any good DDD in Japan?
The only competitive one is Isotaku. Love that guy, such a jokester.

wheres the wolf videos?=) i personally beleive wolf's ledge game is by far the best. So many options, not a lot of land lag. He just falls into chain grabs so well

:phone:
Most of our wolf players don't go to tournaments. When they do, they don't do well.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Nietono won't be going. Wonder if the other Olimars can get top 8 though. Rich Brown and Dabuz got close last time with 9th and 13th respectively.

Rain and M2K need to show what they can really do for once. They have the skills to win Apex.
I'm curious on people's theories for top 10 in brawl at apex.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm curious on people's theories for top 10 in brawl at apex.
It's very hard to guess nowadays. But I think Nairo, Esam, Rain, Ally, and Otori will at least get top 10. Maybe 9B too. Mikeneko has been very consistent recently but I dunno if he'll do good.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Is Trela going?

Nairo, ESAM, Ally, Anti, Otori, Kekara, 9B, Mikeneiko, Vinnie.

Unless M2K & Rain decide 2 show up @ this.

MikeNeiko has beeen playing at a ridiculous lvl lately.

ESAM is the only person outside of NY/NJ That plays on a NY/NJ lvl.

:sonic:

Keitaro

Forgot about Anti. I think he's better than Vinnie and Nairo but he has gotten unlucky at Nationals. He did very well at SKTAR then forfeited to Vinnie since he had to go home and still got 4th. He recently beat Vinnie the last 3 times they played in tourney and he has a very positive record vs Nairo this year.I think Anti is even 1-1 with M2K this year plus Anti practices Brawl just about everyday. Hope he enters.

| Big D |

Smash Master
One must never forget CPU, the man who won the only EVO brawl tournament beating out the King of Smash and was never seen again.

I pray for his return.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Rich Brown is the most consistent west coast player out of region in nationals in my opinion. Tyrant I would put at 2nd and myself at 3rd.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah, who are those DEHF, Tyrant, and Ally guys? Outside of NY/NJ so not important!
Ally travels and plays in NY/NJ ALOT so I did 4get about him not really being from NY/NJ

DEHF... EH... I'll give you that 1... He is kinda the best Falco in the world.... ONLY THE BEST... Shame on me

Tyrant... o that reminds me! Mekos is Godlike! O wait...

DEHF and Ally are fine, Tyrant should be axed though. He is very inconsistent OOR.
I see DEHF placing the highest @ Apex from WC.

RB will do well as long as he doesn't run into Anti, Nairo, M2K, Ally or a Japan MK player... Welp...

Apex is gonna be STACKED... & as much as I wish I was able to even DREAM of making top 8. I'm totally excited to see how top 8 will play out. I'm also glad I can finally meet all of you. I've never been able to travel like that because of life johns. TRUST ME I'm a completely different person in real life. Idk why... I"m not trying to be "annoying" or w/e on teh boards :(

However I dont see any1 outside of NY/NJ making top 8 minus ESAM or Ally. Unless DEHF pretends its 2010 & doesn't sandbag.

Wait... WHo all from Japan is comin 2 this again? *checks OOC attendance 4 apex thread... O wait*

Top 8 is prob gonna be 3 USA, 1 Canada, 3 Japan & 1 Unknown...

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Top 8 is prob gonna be 3 USA, 1 Canada, 3 Japan & 1 Unknown...

Unknown is banned from Apex.

imo, Top 8 will look something like this

BlackGold's super bold probably not going to come true Apex Top 8 predictions!!!
1. Ally (comes in through winners, loses GF1)
2. Otori (Gets upset early on in Winners, runs train through losers and loses GF2 game 5 last hit)
3. Nairo (Loses to Ally in WFs and Otori in LFs)
4. ESAM (Loses to Nairo in both winners and losers)
5. Vinnie (Loses to M2K in winners, ESAM in losers)
5. Mikeneko (Loses to Ally in winners, Otori in Losers)
7. DEHF (Loses to ESAM in winners, Vinnie in losers)
7. Anti (Loses to Ally in winners, Mikeneko in losers)

Possible changes: M2K could get top 3 if he doesn't get demotivated and/or quit
Any Japanese player could take any of the 5/7 spots
Dabuz or Rich Brown could possibly upset Anti/DEHF and get 7 or higher
ADHD could get top 6 if he plays well

God damn this is so hard, so many good Brawl players. Melee predictions are so much easier :urg:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Dont forget about RAIN, 9b, Earth, Abandago, Leon, Mr.R, Richbrown, & Ryo who are all very talented and capable of top 8 or even Winning, particularly RAIN & 9b.

C.J.

Smash Master
I love Ryo but he's not winning. Ike is *** vs MK and there's going to be a million top level MKs here. I love Ryo... but just no.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
If Anti wont have any problems again, he might probably take it, depending on bracket. ICs and M2K (And maybe some other MK) and are his biggest threats, if he doesnt run into one of those, he will most likely take it IMO.

But, there are many others who could take it as well. I dont think its possible to predict an accurate Top 8 at all xD

I hope my boys Ramin, Leon, quiK, Tay und Siggi will do well ._.

Keitaro

^ According to some of my crewmates that have played him in wifi they said nope lol. I keep telling them it was wifi, but I'm pretty sure even the best from Mexico are at best at the level of Europe's top players.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
From what I heard, TKD said Waymas and some of the other Mexican players are better than him.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Wouldn't be surprised, Waymas is godlike.
lol @ Ryo making top 8.

Tons of matches I'm really excited to see. ESAM:9B (IC dittos), Ally:DEHF (Snake:Falco), M2K:Rain/Otori, Mr.R/MikeHaze:Mikeneko (Marth dittos), ESAM:Mikehaze/Mikeneko (Pikachu:Marth), ZSS dittos between NR/Salem/Quik/me/Kamemushi (idk if he's coming)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
& Yes... Ryo can make top 8.

U gotta remember... there are a bunch of characters other than MK. Japan wudnt b ready 4 RYOs massive Dyck. IJS

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Dude just ignore them. Then win and tell them to hold dat ****.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
i wish usa would stop cheering for me to lose =/
I think you could get top 3 in both games if you don't get demotivated, but from that post it makes me think you're already demotivated a month before the tournament :(

And I'll be cheering for you in almost all possible matches (I'll be cheering against you if you play against a Canadian, or if you play Kage/Taj in Melee, but that's just nation/character bias [Though if you do Mewtwo dittos with Taj on one of the streams that would be amazing]).

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Are there any other japanese players who main low tier characters? besides cross :I

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
There is YB who mains Samus as well as others who main Yoshi, Lucas & Falcon (Can't remember they're names)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cross doesn't main a Low Tier character. Pitch mains Lucas, YB co-mains Samus alongside MK, Karamity co-mains Yoshi alongside Fox, a Yoshi player named Yoshiaii placed 9th at the last sumabato, KENT has a damn good Link and placed in tourney with him and there's some Bowser player who did OK in a bracket some time ago. I think that's pretty much it though there are a lot of wifi players that I don't know about.

(Can't remember they're names)
*their

:059:

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Some BOWSER PLAYER o.o

Interesting, I didn't think that character existed in Japan xD

Top Bottom