• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I love Ryo but he's not winning. Ike is *** vs MK and there's going to be a million top level MKs here. I love Ryo... but just no.
Lol, I figured, but that is hopeful thinking, lol. You never know, he could get a lucky bracket and never have to face a top level MK, and it's been proven that he can beat almost any other character. Let me dream a little, CJ! lol.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
lol most stacked brawl tournament in history and getting a "lucky" bracket.
Not necessarily a Lucky bracket, but matchups/players that he can beat. Not many players have top level Ike Exp. Plus there are players he can beat that others cant and vice versa as most top players have.

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
Who wins this crew battle?

Otori, Nairo, Anti, M2K, Rain

Nietono, Vinnie, 9B, DEHF/SLS, Ally

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
It would be a hella close crew battle since every person has a good record/even record against another player or does well vs a specific character.

Otori has beaten 9B twice this year iirc but has lost to Vinnie

Nairo is even vs Nietono and Vinnie iirc but loses to Ally

Anti usually beats all Olimars but also loses to Ally

M2K generally does good against ICs imo and he beat Nietono @ SRT(1 set but w/e) but still has even matches with 9B, Vinnie (though I think M2K has been winning more often, someone could correct me on that though) and is usually even with Ally & Larry but I think M2K said he has been having more trouble with Falco lately.

Rain has a very good record vs Nietono, and is 2-1 vs Vinnie iirc. Though I don't know the history of Rain vs 9B. I think Rain has lost to Larry the last couple times they played. Don't know the history of Ally vs Rain.

and I don't know anything about SLS except that he is really good but never enters so I'm just going to assume Larry would be above SLS on the list.

Overall the crew battle could go either way depending on the order of who plays who, but IF I had to put money on a crew it would probably be team Metaknight.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its really dumb when top players get emo about not being cheered for. People cheer for underdogs. You are really good and you main metaknight. You should be happy that your long successful career has rarely ever cast you as an underdog. Bad characters and inconsistent players winning is hype. Best players with best characters winning is not hype.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Who wins this crew battle?

Otori, Nairo, Anti, M2K, Rain

Nietono, Vinnie, 9B, DEHF/SLS, Ally
I would go with Team MK losing, mainly because the of the two ICs. Grab = Stock is a great asset in a crew battle imo.

Edit: I think either Vinnie or 9B should be replaced with ADHD, making it an S tier vs A tier crew battle. That would make it a lot closer.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Grab=Stock is a great asset in any singles gametype...

Though I suppose since you can't time out a crew battle, it does add a bigger risk for the MKs. I feel like the fragility of ICs could mean 9B/Vinnie could make or break that team with a 3 stock.

I'd put ESAM in for Nietono though.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Japan vs USA would also be really hype

Otori,Rain,9B,Kakera,Mikeneko,Earth(Abadango,Suinoko,Kuroobi,Fuwa,Kairo)

vs

Nairo,Anti,Mew2King,ESAM,Vinnie,ADHD,DEHF(Rich,Tyrant,Havok,Dabuz)

not sure about USA crew I think something like that?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well thats part of NA (North America)... Sure USA alone could form a crew to compete with Japan, but Mexico/Canada has shown us 1 player capable of taking nationals (Ally) so what would be the point of that? For that matter, EU likely can't compete with NA and JP either. Especially without sending every single valuable player they have.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Canada is so under populated :(. I live in a province the size of California, and cali has the population of my entire ****ing country.

Actually Alberta is like 1.5 calis.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I think USA vs the World is interesting enough. Just wish Ally was in it. Kinda works out though since I'd consider him more US than the world anyway.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
you could do north america vs the world. Also, El has got to be my favorite MK. Remember when everone used to say that Japan had very few great MKs?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I think USA vs the World is interesting enough. Just wish Ally was in it. Kinda works out though since I'd consider him more US than the world anyway.
But then probably at least one (if not all -.-) out of Leon, Ramin & quiK wouldnt be in this crew :(

I think a RR Crew Battle would be REALLY cool with NA | JP | EU + Rest

Or make it a small Bracket 5vs5

Japan vs "Rest"
USA vs EU

Winners have to play, Losers have to play.

Or something like that, would be pretty cool to see how that would go =D

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Ally, I thought you only played him at Apex 2010?

Remember when we thought this:

GIMR said:
Orion got 2nd at a national beating Leon in LF then got like 65th at a New Jersey regional. He's one of your best MKs and he's only good, not great. Same with Japan, your MKs just don't compare to ours who have brought the character to the absolute brokenness he can be.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That statement was wrong on many levels. I knew Orion's 65th/130 was a poor representation of his skill and that Japan's MKs were really good. Just didn't expect them to be M2K level at all.

Thinking their MKs were garbage was silly imo after Brood came and got 2nd at 2010 and he wasn't even their best Olimar.

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman

Cross doesn't main a Low Tier character. Pitch mains Lucas, YB co-mains Samus alongside MK, Karamity co-mains Yoshi alongside Fox, a Yoshi player named Yoshiaii placed 9th at the last sumabato, KENT has a damn good Link and placed in tourney with him and there's some Bowser player who did OK in a bracket some time ago. I think that's pretty much it though there are a lot of wifi players that I don't know about.

*their

:059:
Probably Bon or Kent. Kent plays a mean Bowser, but Bon reigns over them all. Better than any Bowser you can think of. You just don't know about him because it doesn't go to tournaments, rather, he goes to smashfests often.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that American MKs were way better than Japan's ones in 2010. El was considered as Japan's best MK at the time but he had only placed around 6th and a MK player could hardly win a tourney cause RAIN, Shu, 9B and Masashi had destroyed MKs. Our MKs became great because Rain, Otori and Kakera switched to MK imo. Most Japan's top MK players used to main other character.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sure that American MKs were way better than Japan's ones in 2010. El was considered as Japan's best MK at the time but he had only placed around 6th and a MK player could hardly win a tourney cause RAIN, Shu, 9B and Masashi had destroyed MKs. Our MKs became great because Rain, Otori and Kakera switched to MK imo. Most Japan's top MK players used to main other character.
I feel like thats where EU is right now. They wouldn't really stand a chance in a crew battle, not because they are hopelessly bad, but because all of their talented players have chosen bad characters. Hopefully they wise up like Ally and those Japanese players did.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
i wish usa would stop cheering for me to lose =/
Put on headphones... Profit

Wait.... & wear a CM punk best in the world Tshirt

that bias is way too strong.
TBH... RYO hasn't lost to any1 unless they have played him a **** ton or if they use D3 4 the entire past year. Minus 1 set to MikeHaze.

Which is why I have such confidence in him.

I agree with everything Tesh has said on this page...

:sonic:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I feel like thats where EU is right now. They wouldn't really stand a chance in a crew battle, not because they are hopelessly bad, but because all of their talented players have chosen bad characters. Hopefully they wise up like Ally and those Japanese players did.
Solid point, Lp is the only one in EU who places with a top tier character and even then I think Diddy is overrated. BJay is good but inconsistent and Deimos [+ the spanish MK players] never travel. No top level Ice Climbers, Olimar, Falco or Snake players here - our best play Marth, Wario, ZSS and Pit who just lack the capabilities of making top 8 in a national tourney by default.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Everything @ Apex 2013 will depend on the brackets

:sonic:

Top 8 Winners Bracket should be Nairo vs 9B, ESAM vs Rain, Anti vs Otori, M2K vs Ally

Cassio

Smash Master
I think he meant bc he uses ICs, and ICs are devastating in a crew battle. I actually had ESAM in before i switched to Nietono, but I feel like ESAM doesnt have the same level of skill and experience as others vs MK but gets by on his exceptional player skill level. Playing top level MK's at big events isnt the same as living near them and having the ability to play one on one for hours frequently. It actually makes me wonder what his cap would be if he did live in a region like NY/NJ.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If he means putting ESAM in to beat Nietono, M2K/Anti are probably better choices
I think there's a confusion in that. As far as I can tell Vinnie read Tesh's post the same way you did right now. I don't think that's what Tesh actually means though. I read his post as "I'd put ESAM instead of Nietono in the crew", not as "I'd put ESAM in to crew to take care of Nietono".

Top Bottom