• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Why do Japanese Stream Links always Change XD
Twitch.tv and all the likes are so much easier in that aspect x)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Ah alright :3
Good to know, I always wondered.

Twitch.TV btw. has Japanese Language Option too. But I guess, as most people in Japan use Nicovideo, they would still prefer to use that site over twitch nevertheless.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I feel like M2K broke a barrier and improved so much and lost because of a few small mistakes. Of course, that's all it takes, but it's unfortunate. It's the best I've ever seen him play. Thanks Keitaro.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Why in the world did M2K go to FD on the third game? Were they playing once on each of the neutral stages or did he actually CP it?

Also someone tell M2K that jumping >>>> rolling in the Icies matchup. The risk of taking an U-Air to the face is far less threatening than having your roll be read and getting grabbed.

He did amazingly game 1 though and brought it back well game 3.

EDIT: Just read the description, I guess M2K won the game after SV and then 9B counterpicked to FD?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Why in the world did M2K go to FD on the third game? Were they playing once on each of the neutral stages or did he actually CP it?

Also someone tell M2K that jumping >>>> rolling in the Icies matchup. The risk of taking an U-Air to the face is far less threatening than having your roll be read and getting grabbed.

He did amazingly game 1 though and brought it back well game 3.

EDIT: Just read the description, I guess M2K won the game after SV and then 9B counterpicked to FD?
You can't ban starter in the japanese ruleset

yeah it's ********, we have this in AZ we're about to start using our own modification of the ruleset using "Taj's better rule" (from melee.)

You get to ban all CPs or one neutral

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I was confused because 9B won the game before they went to FD, which would've meant M2K went there. Against Ice Climbers.
Like I said in my edit, the missing games probably made it so 9B went there.

etecoon

Smash Hero
most impressive I've seen M2K play since MLG at least, still not enough to get away with actually engaging in combat with ice climbers x_x needs to load m2gay.exe next time

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I feel like when M2K is playing at his best, he's the best player in the world.
Great vid Keitaro. You chose the perfect music to go along with the whole America vs Japan theme, and I loved the editing and the clips with 9B.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Thanks guys! Props to 9B and Mew2King for making an enjoyable set!

I may put up the other 2 videos on my channel this weekend. Be sure to subscribe to it guys. Got a couple more international sets coming up.

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
That was probably the best ssbb vidoe I've ever seen (editing wise and just the battle in general). I've never seen that side of m2k before... o.o. So fast...

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Any reason why you took out that 2 Matches? Seems to confuse most people haha (I dont care actually)

But looking forward to more Videos, this was a great Set, both the Gameplay, and the Editing :D

Thx Keitaro ;D

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Any reason why you took out that 2 Matches? Seems to confuse most people haha (I dont care actually)

But looking forward to more Videos, this was a great Set, both the Gameplay, and the Editing :D

Thx Keitaro ;D
Hype. The video is one of my favorite brawl videos ever. It's the perfect balance of **** yeah and heartbreak, Seriously, that last grab of game 3 just made my heart sink so low, I felt like I lost, myself lol

Because I really want america to win

seriously

**** japan

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Great matches, and thanks Keit for the upload.

I have to say, nothing in that set suggests 9B is better than M2K, or unbeatable in general (nor does it suggest M2K is better than 9B). There were a couple of great glide reads he got and then grabbed M2K out of, which were amazing skill, but M2K could have been smarter with them. At 3:02, with the second Shuttle Loop onstage, 9B's shield was down and M2K should have glide attacked on reaction. 4:30, though, was just great by 9B and I'm not sure what good options there were after missing the Shuttle Loop. Also, that fair spike in game 2 was unfortunate.

9B's one of the ones M2K said they take turns ****** each other, right? Sounds like the kind of thing that a positive attitude and a little focus could turn in M2K's favor at SRT.

Hype so much, anyway. Having a top non-Metaknight, non-Olimar Japanese player of this caliber at Apex 2013 will be so exciting.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Fillip, can you hand around your channel or designate someone to be a mod? There's flooding.

NICK RIDDLE IS BETTER THAN SALEM

GET OVER IT
In your opinion, which by the way your caps lock makes look like a joke.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Updates
Bracket

Masha & Nariyasu (Double Wario) defeated Hall & Havok in WB1.
Mew2king & Vinnie defeated Kuroobi & SIN
Maguro & Kakera defeated Mew2king & Vinnie
Nietono & El defeated Masha & Nariyasu and Fuwa & Earth

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Brawl Metagame Doubles Technology 2020 just happened... everyone that watched the last match knows what I mean ._."

Tesh

Smash Hero
Basically he they finished M2K off by repeatedly looping grab-dthrow-other MK interupts the dthrow with FF first hit of back air then regrabs M2K out of the grab break animation and dthrows so the other MK can continue the loop.

Pretty cool, since i guess it guarantees he wont ever air release.

Top Bottom