• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm kind of curious about 9B's mastery of the fthrow-fthrow and fthrow-dthrow non-infinite loops for ICs. They seem kind of tricky, but deal the damage very quickly and work even on slants like Lylat. Is there a reason he favors them over any of the infinite loops, though?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The fthrow timing is the same for every character, and he knows how to make them infinite by just doing a bthrow regrab like normal so I guess he just prefers them. The only chance he has of tripping is if he has to turn around and the timing is the same for every character so it seems like a good cg to use.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How do you even do the fthrow chain-grab? When I fthrow > re-grab, Nana is a lot further away...
I don't really know how to explain it I just know how to do it >_> heh. A lot of the times 9B is buffering the fthrow. You can also fthrow and make nana walk instead of dash which is how that cg works, just like you can do a soft turn bthrow to stop your chances of tripping instead of a hard turn.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Neitono's zoning is too good.
Also, are there any more videos of YB's Samus?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Finally got the 9B vs Mew2King replays. I get my new laptop today in about an hour. So I'm gonna get that, then setup Adobe Premiere, the emulator, Fraps recorder, and Photoshop, and record the vids. I'm pretty hyped to have the vids so I will likely have them done tonight, but could be at 3 am or so cause doing all this takes forever especially since I need to install the programs.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
Why would I put Yui in my top players list when he hasn't achieved anything significant in the past 6 months?
Ummm... What? Yui has placed in the top 8 at all 5 of Rain's SRBT tournaments, starting in February (six months ago). He tied for 5th at SRBT 1-2, 1-4, and 1-5 and got 3rd at SRBT 1-3, placing below only Nietono and Brood.

His notable wins include Kakera and Daiki at SRBT 1-1; Selcia, Luminous, and Kakera at SRBT 1-2; Luminous, Daiki, and Brood (in Winner's) at SRBT 1-3; Shu and El at SRBT 1-4; and Shu, Daiki, and Earth at SRBT 1-5.

Seems significant to me.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
On another note, it's kind of scary watching vinnie struggle to beat earth and then watching 9b 3 stock earth easily o.o.
I was thinking that at the time, too, but Vinnie taking a game off 9B in IC dittos made me feel better.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ah

my mistake, i just assumed that when gheb said yui's power level was lower that he was doing bad LOL

i also saw him making johns about olimar somewhere (AiB loool), so I assumed that he'd given up kinda

Keitaro

lol, well M2K did say the hardest players he fought for the first time were Kakera then Rain, then Yui. M2K was going even with 9B the moment they started playing and slightly less than even with Nietono.

Kakera beat M2K in multiple friendlies in a row with M2K taking barely any games but M2K somehow beat Kakera in tourney. Now M2K said he's been going slightly better than even against Kakera.

Yui was ****** M2K when they first began playing, then M2K was winning the majority after a while. Takes M2K a while to get used to new stuff.

Keitaro

Nope lmaoo!!

Oh yeah, those two are his absolute hardest. Ocean and Earth.

He is 0-6 vs Ocean in friendlies lmaooo!!

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Anybody have an SRT stream link? Chibo and I are trying to work something out for American viewers.
August 10 - Doubles Pools & Bracket
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103280501
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103280952

August 11 - Singles Pools & Crew Battle (East Japan vs Other regions)
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103281473
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103281662

August 12 - Singles Bracket
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103282099
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103282355

Keitaro

Yeah Ocean went all ROB vs M2K.

There will be a slight delay in my videos coming out. Just finished a skype call with Vinnie, M2K, Alex Strife, and 9B. 9B is pretty hilarious although I can barely understand anything lol.

As long as Vinnie pulls through the set should be out tomorrow night. Also got other interesting info, but that's also for tomorrow night.
Thanks

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
So, tomorrow, I'll be at Brood's house and several others are too

Brood
Suinoko
Isotaku
Shigunasu
Hazureimu
Chiruno or aka Yui
Earth
Fuwa
Volt Storm (And me)

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Unneurotic, what time will the streams be going up (Japanese time)?

Keitaro

Got the stuff from 9B just now. Expect 9B vs Vinnie around 4 am though lol. Have to go to NY real quick.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Holy **** that sounds awesome. Time for USA to get wrecked again I guess.

Top Bottom