• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Tesh

Smash Hero
So have you all figured out what you will be doing about the SRT stream? Could we get SWF to put it up on the "upcoming major tournament" section up there. It would be nice to have the stream link posted at the top of the page as well. Maybe if FILIP or someone can restream it for people during the day.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Maybe if FILIP or someone can restream it for people during the day.
^ so much this. not everyone will be able to watch it at like 5am, it'd be great if there were like the replays as if it were the olympics lol

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Getting it to the Top of SWF would be nice.

Mikeneko
Otori
RAIN
Brood
Nietono
Earth
Shu
Shogun
Kuroobi
Kakera
9B
feat. Havok, M2K, Vinnie, Hall, Quiksilver, Kuraudo
Is Yui not going?

What about Hayase/Ganbaranai, is he not going? (Or whatever his other nick is XD)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The 9B vs M2K is a serious best of 5 set. No items and they do counter picking like a tournament set.

Yui is going, Hayase and SLS are not.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Having accomplishments within this YEAR in that stacked *** country should still count for something.

Keitaro

Yui always places very well, he is surely a top player in Japan still. I don't know much of his wins recently though.

New laptop comes in tomorrow which is the main reason I'm waiting to upload vids till then. Still have Glutonny vids to put up. A lot of international sets coming soon.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Only Rain and Otori are that much better than Nietono's MK fyi

:059:
There is no FYI on this being relevant. Quik's reactions in that video are not to a standard that can expect to successfully compete with the all-too common pressure from the above average MKs in Japan.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
He is in Japan since Thursday.

But we will have to see how he does @SRT. Top 16 is doable I think, which still is pretty good in japan.

And dont count out AscWolf, Japan has not many good Wolfs (If at all) so the MU is pretty unknown. He said (Judging from Friendlies) that he can compete against every Japanese minus Nietono so far.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FL players bash Quik because they have NR in their state.

But there's no need to john for him either. He lost a rather close match to Nietono whose MK has taken important tourney matches against Otori [and actually allowed him to progess vs him]. Nietono's MK is very good and Rain / Otori are the only ones who are better beyond doubt ... the others are only arguably better, if at all.

:059:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Err...with the sheer existense of Salem, I think FL should quiet down with the NR hype already. Quik is nothing to sleep on either.

Then again it was only one player lol.

Exdeath

Smash Master
FL players bash Quik because they have NR in their state
I... never bashed Quik? I made a comment after observing that video. Before I opened the video, I explicitly thought to myself that Quik can make top 16 at SRT.

Err...with the sheer existense of Salem, I think FL should quiet down with the NR hype already. Quik is nothing to sleep on either.

Then again it was only one player lol.
Nick Riddle is better than Salem.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Always these "This one is better" "That one is better" talk by American People, cant you guys just stfu?
There are not nearly enough results to back up such claims, its ridiculous.

You are comparing stuff which you just cant know. Neither Salem nor NR played enough Smashers in the world to know who is the better one of them. (Especially not at the same tournament - which is the best you can get to compare people)

In the Sumabato Stream Chat people also discussed Ally vs. 9B --- How should you ever find out who is better if both of them play completely different people. Ally needs to go to Japan, or 9B to America, to at least have a guess who is better, but then again, its only one tournament, and judging stuff from one tournament is just as stupid as making those claims before such tournaments even happened.

And just so is the case of Salem/NR... PLUS Salem barely attends tournaments anyway.
And quiKsilver plays completely different people. Salem/NR/quiK need to be at the same tournament 2-3 times, if you want to compare them.

But so far, just stfu.

E: And why has it always to be that one is better than the other? Is it impossible for them being at the same level? Cant we just agree that both of them are pretty good and probably around the same level? (Maybe quiK too, but here comes the lack of data again, so I wouldnt try to compare him to them)

Exdeath

Smash Master
Always these "This one is better" "That one is better" talk by American People, cant you guys just stfu?
There are not nearly enough results to back up such claims, its ridiculous.

You are comparing stuff which you just cant know. Neither Salem nor NR played enough Smashers in the world to know who is the better one of them. (Especially not at the same tournament - which is the best you can get to compare people)

In the Sumabato Stream Chat people also discussed Ally vs. 9B --- How should you ever find out who is better if both of them play completely different people. Ally needs to go to Japan, or 9B to America, to at least have a guess who is better, but then again, its only one tournament, and judging stuff from one tournament is just as stupid as making those claims before such tournaments even happened.

And just so is the case of Salem/NR... PLUS Salem barely attends tournaments anyway.
And quiKsilver plays completely different people. Salem/NR/quiK need to be at the same tournament 2-3 times, if you want to compare them.

But so far, just stfu.

E: And why has it always to be that one is better than the other? Is it impossible for them being at the same level? Cant we just agree that both of them are pretty good and probably around the same level? (Maybe quiK too, but here comes the lack of data again, so I wouldnt try to compare him to them)
Contradictory much?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Has Mew2King played SLS, Masha, or any of the Japanese Falco players?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Agreed, this is the wrong thread for that.

Everyone hyped for SRT =D

Lets do some predictions?

What do you think will be the Top 3 / 5 / 8 / 16 (Whatever you want)

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously expecting M2K in top 3 (or 4), unless he runs into a good player with an MU he doesn't know (like Earth...) and even then, if he doesn't let it get to him he has a fair chance of winning.

I mean, it's not like he has much experience against Peach, and he 2-0'd Kie who 2-0'd Vinnie. It's fun to joke about, but I don't think it's as simple as "M2K plays a character that isn't MK/Snake/Olimar and gets destroyed."

If 9B's opponent in the finals isn't Nietono, Otori, Rain, or M2K, then 9B takes the tournament. If it's M2K or Otori, 9B likely still takes the tournament. If it's one of the other two, then 9B probably still takes the tournament.

Keitaro

I thought Nietono was getting his *** kicked recently by Rain? Wouldn't Brood have a better chance of doing well?
Nietono still usually outplaces Brood because Nietono usually beats everyone else besides Rain. Besides a time or two that Nietono went 2ndaries Nietono has won or gotten 2nd at every tourney this year, including first place at a 9B tourney where 9B lost to Otori earlier this year.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
My prediction
1st 9B 2nd Rain 3rd Otori 4th Nietono 6 Vinnie/M2K 8 Maguro/Mikeneko 12 Masha/Brood/Yui/Kakera

I honestly believe M2K is capable of taking 1st in the tournament assuming he doesn't get flustered like he did against Earth. M2K was playing better than I've ever seen him play during Sumabato, and it was only against Earth when it felt like he wasn't playing like he usually does.

If M2K gets flustered though, I see him taking 3rd-5th place.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On another note, it's kind of scary watching vinnie struggle to beat earth and then watching 9b 3 stock earth easily o.o.

Top Bottom