• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Stream(s) will be up in a few minutes.

EDIT: Ayuha has told us that 9B won't be appearing in pools because he has work, but will be automatically placed in brackets tomorrow. I respect 9B as well as Rain, who's allowing this to take place, but that is without a doubt a load of bull****.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
EDIT: Ayuha has told us that 9B won't be appearing in pools because he has work, but will be automatically placed in brackets tomorrow. I respect 9B as well as Rain, who's allowing this to take place, but that is without a doubt a load of bull****.
Well on the one hand that sure is unfair... on the other hand, its 9B and everyone knows he would get first (or maybe second if he got a bad day lol) anyway. So I guess, its OK. And I think everyone would prefer a bracket with 9B (Even though it was unfair) over a "fair" 9B-less bracket.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I thought that news was already known. Maybe I forgot to relay it back here, but yeah. 9B can only take one day off of work so Rain is letting 9B just come on the last day and auto enter braket.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LOL I find it more of a load of bull**** that someone is actually *****ing about it. Oh hey we have some international competition here and our best player (who we know will make bracket) has a work-related delay...let's not put him in! Sooooo whattttttt

:phone:

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah, there's nothing to complain about.
9B would've gotten first anyways, so it doesn't really affect the tourney.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Calm down, Eddie. I'm not *****ing. I'm expressing my opinion, which is that I don't think exceptions like that should be made.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Calm down, Blistering Speed. I'm not riding. I'm expressing my opinion, which is that I think it's utterly ******** to unnecessarily nitpick something about a player who MUST be in a bracket at an event that we all know would have made it in anyway.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yeah, the Event would get a lot worse + dehype if 9B couldnt enter, srsly.
The better the players = The better the Tournament.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
The individual is irrelevant. Favouritism should be discouraged, not applauded.
Wrong.

You already heard that Random-Ike-Guy goes to APEX2013 - SOOOO HYPEEEEEED

Btw. 9B is going too, but who cares.

The players are what makes a tournament interesting.

9B attending = Tournament a lot more interesting = Everyone profits.

9B not attending = Tournament less interesting = No one profits. NO ONE.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I understand both of your opinions.

Controversial situation.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yeah I can understand the other side too...
But I still think RAIN made the correct decision on this.

It would be different if someone would suffer from that, but thats not the case, as it wouldve been a 48 man bracket anyway, so there are bye-spots you can fill.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I was under the impression they did pools for seeding only. Or was that only for doubles? If thats the case, its not like it really matters where you seed the player that will easily take top 3.

In any case, its his tournament and its his call. Considering Vinnie got 2nd last weekend, I doubt they want to actually DQ the only player that outplaced him.

Just like no American TO would DQ Nairo/M2K/ESAM for the type of things others would get DQed for. Talent will always get you favoritism.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
The "Pools only for seeding" was only for doubles, singles has Pools with 16 People or something (Top 6 advancing)

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
in Japan:

Rain: yo guys, 9B won't be playing pools and will get bracket directly
Everyone: OK

Americans and other people in SWF: WTF?!?!?! that bull**** is so unfair bla bla bla the random guy from his pool should take his spot so now we will have a awful backet without the best japanese player.

Just... stop. If players in SRT aren't yelling, why would you do that? lol

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Americans and other people in SWF: WTF?!?!?! that bull**** is so unfair bla bla bla the random guy from his pool should take his spot so now we will have a awful backet without the best japanese player.

Just... stop. If players in SRT aren't yelling, why would you do that? lol
Wow, your exaggerations are obnoxious.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
TO's can do whatever they want, they aren't obligated to make rules based on the communities standards. No one here is attending this tournament and should definitely not be complaining about rules that Rain enforces.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
TO's can do whatever they want, they aren't obligated to make rules based on the communities standards. No one here is attending this tournament and should definitely not be complaining about rules that Rain enforces.
I don't understand why I shouldn't be complaining. I'm not insulting Japanese tourneys or registering an official complaint with the Smash higher-ups. I'm not upset about it. I'm just saying I don't like it.

On topic, Unneurotic, are pools posted anywhere? Even in Japanese?

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Today is singles pools & crew battle
http://ja.twitch.tv/filip1122/
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv103281473
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv103281662

Pool F: Havok Twinte Karaage Gegan Katu Kappamaki Mix Nao Raki Shima Suinoko YB
Pool H: quiKSilver Aki Arika Fenrir FLIP Fujita Iguanaman Kaku Mao Shadow U-non
Pool J: Mew2king Flon Jill Ken Lagnel Matayoshi Medou Ohagi Sakasaka Soul Saku Tocchi
Pool K: Hall Ashuka Canpy Hazureimu Kashihara Kurattyo Kuroobi Marimo Mohumohu Raoh SIN Torimaro Valley
Pool M: Vinnie Umiushi Koda Koma Luminous Mamoru Metaby Nyanko Rina Sweatpea Sigunasu Yayati
Pool N: AscWolf ...Yes Ayuha E-29 Machiko Rain Nemu Rito Sandaga Skpk Some Umeki Tomo
Pool P: Kuraudo Brood Earth Frea Guratan Lump PinoQ sana3 Sesia Seruka Shimamaura Ysu

Tesh

Smash Hero
And Kuraudo's pool (and the rest of canada i guess).

I guess we want Havok's pool too.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
If you have everybody's pools, just copy-n-paste away... Japanese would also be fine...

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
quiKsilver got first in his pool only losing to filip.

AscWolf didnt made it out of pools I think.
He won the FFA All Items All Stages Tournament though haha (M2K got 4th at that)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
^Europe won a tournament in japan ! and he's not even a top 10 player here. We're too good

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Crews are happening now. A wario is destroying lifes. He beat M2K, Magarua(sp? a top mk that took 1st in teams with kakera iirc), Kei, and took a stock off mashas falco for 8 stocks with his 3.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Wario confirmed for STier lol

But srsly, abadango is crazy... just took 8 ****ing stocks (Including M2K, Maguro, Kie and Masha)

Probably best Wario ever ._."!

E: East Japan won with 6 stocks left.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Damn, that Bracket is SMEXY AS HELL for quiK, getting to WQF should be more than possible :D

E: LOL Vinnie vs Brood, so early ._."

Abadango, everyones new favorite, has to play Mikeneko very likely, will be though :3
And then Rain >,<"

M2K has to play Umeki probably (Sheik/Peach player), should be more than possible, but who knows, and then very likely Otori ._."

**** I'M SO GOD DAMN HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!

I hope they will show as many non-japanese players on stream as possible :o

strawhats

Smash Master
Damn, that Bracket is SMEXY AS HELL for quiK, getting to WQF should be more than possible :D

E: LOL Vinnie vs Brood, so early ._."

Abadango, everyones new favorite, has to play Mikeneko very likely, will be though :3
And then Rain >,<"

M2K has to play Umeki probably (Sheik/Peach player), should be more than possible, but who knows, and then very likely Otori ._."

**** I'M SO GOD DAMN HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!

I hope they will show as many non-japanese players on stream as possible :o
Doesn't he have to play that Akira guy first...who i heard was right up there in skill with 9b not long ago and mained mk.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Doesn't he have to play that Akira guy first...who i heard was right up there in skill with 9b not long ago and mained mk.
Well if thats correct, then OK, I heard his name too, but didnt know he was that? good...

He got 3rd in his pool. (Pool C)

calling quicksilver getting top 8 right now
YEAH MAN <3

When is the bracket expected to start?

Not in Japanese time, but in hours from now.
11 hours is the soonest bracket will start. I guess in 12 hours it will have started for sure.

Top Bottom