• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any character your happy didn't make it.

Machete

Smash Ace
Krystal.
Just because I was sure that she'll be in over one of my most wanted characters, Wolf.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I used to be completely anti-Ridley and was happy that he didn't make it as a playable, but, even I would've liked to see him playable over Falco, ROB and Ike.

I'm pretty darn happy that Miis didn't make it.

I hope that SSB4 will have a big enough roster that cutting people won't even be a realistic decision. However, if they have to cut someone to make room for Krystal, it'll be Falco, not Wolf. Wolf really isn't a clone at all aside from some unoriginal special moves and a cloned Final Smash. Falco is a clone, period. They changed one special move and in a completely ******** way, when there were millions of other good options for decloning him. IMO, he doesn't even belong in Brawl's roster as is. He's this game's Pichu; he's nothing more than roster filler.

... but at least he has a better english VA than Wolf. :(
Falco will probably stay simply because he's been in two installments. This rule of thumb, however, could change in the future.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Falco will probably stay simply because he's been in two installments. This rule of thumb, however, could change in the future.
Hopefully. Of course, I wouldn't complain if they just made him a unique character either (wait for it, double jumps and gliding?! BRILLIANT!).

Grats on 1k posts in one more post Fatman :O

Machete

Smash Ace
It's not that I hate Ridley, because I don't. But Ridley is a completely epic boss encounter and one of the most enjoyable in the Subspace Emissary (which is not a hard feat - SSE sucked), and that's the way it should be. Scaling him down to the size of Charizard and Bowser and watching him get destroyed by characters like Lucas and Jigglypuff, well, that kind of ruins how epic the guy is.

It would've kind of been like making Beast Ganon a playable character. It's a little too epic to let any noob just pick up and play.
Really, I don't know why so many people say this.

The most epic Ridley would be the playable one.

Well, at least you don't use the "too big" argument.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
- Mii
- Geno
- Black Shadow
- Blaziken
- Roy
- Waluigi
- Daisy
- Toad
- Lyn
- Wolf Link
- Famicom Wars characters

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
-Miis (my god, Sakurai was actually considering this at some point)
-Ridley (Awesome boss reduced to generic Bowser-ish PC? I don't think so)
-Paper Mario (I was so glad when the time paradoxes ended, I don't need a new one)
-Ashley (WTF? What's she gonna do, cast a spell on us?)
-Moar Sonic Characters (Aside from the fact that they'd be of the same nature, I don't want Smash to become a place for third parties to take over with their crap)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
MEGAMAN IS OUT
MEGAMAN IS OUT
MEGAMAN IS OUT

IN YOUR FACES TO THOSE WHO THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO BE in

TwilightSky

Smash Cadet
Tails
Knuckles
Mii
Megaman
K.Rool
Geno
Toon Zelda/Toon Shiek
Shadow
Tingle
Sakurai

I would have loved Krystal to be in though.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Plusle-and-Minun. I'm sick and tired of seeing eletric-rodents in the Pokemon games themselves, I don't need them screwing with Bawl.

Paper mario. I REALLY don't like having multiple versions of the same character in Smash Bros. (I don't mean clones, I mean like having overalls Wario as a seperate character)

@Thingy Person:

Where did you hear that Sakurai was considering Miis?

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Why everyone hating on Krystal, Ridely, and Midna... O_o

Actually, it more dissapoints me when characters get cut. The more characters the better. It's not like Smash was meant to be perfectly balanced anyway. Then it'd be Virtua Fighter.

But off the top of my head...

Wiggytuff, Pichu, Paper Peach, Paper Bowser, Baby Mario, ANY Animal Crossing Character with an exception , Michiah, and Tingle...(THANK THE HEAVENS!)

Now, No AC characters except K.K. Slider. He's my ***** on da west side straight G! :p

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Waluigi and any more 3rd party characters. After Mega Man I would have drawn the line. This IS a Nintendo free-for-all, afterall.

EDIT: I know Mega Man isn't in the game. I'm saying Mega Man would have been the third and final 3rd-party addition before it got ridiculous.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Midna would have sucked. Her and Geno, whatever was the appeal?
The fact that they kicked enough *** in one way or another in their own games and maintained being awesome characters in the aforementioned games. Those two are missed opportunities for what would have been gems of characters.

The two blue characters who DIDN'T make it to Brawl are also two characters I myself wouldn't bother with either.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Pichu. Pokemon Trainer is pretty cool, and that stupid baby Pikachu should never have been there in the first place. >_<

I'm also glad that no other Sonic characters were added. Sonic is good enough, though I was really happy to hear he would be in the game.

I'm disappointed about Mewtwo though. He was so cool. I guess Lucario will be pretty cool too, though they should have kept Mewtwo instead.

121DL3Y

Smash Cadet
Any additional sonic character, Isaac, and even though i knew it would never happen Sora and or any final fantasy characters.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want say knuckles or cloud or somebody in, I just hated when people were like "OMG THEY ARE DEF GOING TO BE IN OMG OMG!". And all the people who thought knuckles or tails or shadow were gonna be in it were just stubborn in their thoughts.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well if we can have threads to vent aguish about our favorites not making the cut, it's cool that we can have threads to express relief for those we deemed unworthy who didn't make the cut. With that said.

Little Mac - My biggest victory so far. I was against him from the beginning, and when he was confirmed to be an assist trophy by 1up (the day just before my birthday in fact) I laughed in victory at what I considered to be an early b-day gift. I mean really, he's a boxer. Yeah, Sakurai could be creative with a moveset for him, but why? Though I hate to say he has some of the well respected members on his side. Fret not Little Mac fans, if you look at my current sig and who I most supported, you'll see that you were avaenged. What goes around comes around I guess. :ohwell:

Vaati - I didn't think "second most recurring villian" of a series was significant enough to grant him a spot alongside Ganondorf, Bower, and Dedede. I'm glad to see that I was right.

Skull Kid - Even less merits than Vaati. Let's move along.

Tingle - I think we can all agree on this.

Waluigi - At first I was completely neutral of him, but after seeing more and more Waluigi fanboys it became more and more apparent that he was just a filler character.

Tom Nook - I never thought that he was as guaranteed or that he had as good a chance as his fans claimed.

Pac-Man - One of my least favorite gaming characters actually, just because I never, ever liked his games. My favorite Pac game ever is the original Pac-Man for the arcade and THAT's among my least liked games.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
As a playable character, I'm glad Ridley didn't get that, just to shove it in all those annoying peoples' faces way back when. Bwaha!

I'm glad Megaman, Geno, Animal Crossing, Tingle, and Mewtwo. There was one other but I forgot his name. He's the guy Platnum wanted. LOL I just remember because I made that sig for him. Ugly little freak.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I still say if they tried, Miis could have been a very interesting character, and would be the only logical way for a create-a-character

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah, pacman. Whoever thought of that idea should be shot.

I think the Mii's could have been neat to see, I mean, its completely voluntary of course.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, pacman. Whoever thought of that idea should be shot.

I think the Mii's could have been neat to see, I mean, its completely voluntary of course.

I thought it would have been amazing if he was all flat and 2D like G&W hahah. A 3D Pac man would have been lame.
I thought Mii's would have been amazing. We would have been able to use Mii's of characters we really wanted in the game.

Top Bottom