• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any character your happy didn't make it.

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Krystal didn't make it. Because if she did, the Krystal boards would've been flooded with people who migrated from 4chan

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I was hoping Krystal would make it just to get some of those ****ing yiffs out of my Star Fox community, even if it meant corrupting the Brawl community with them.

But as for others? Deoxys, Dark Samus, Cloud, any other Square rep, Claus, Slippy (Seriously. SLIPPY?), Mewtwo, Pichu (I could have done without Mewtwo's legacy, Lucario or not. Pichu was a GTFO since Melee for me.).

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
WW Link/potatohead--just another Link (but wait, he's in, awww...****, man, that's not right)
Geno: like him, but he's just not representative of Mario/Nintendo/Squeenix. Having him would throw logic out the window (though Sakurai seems to have already done that); I'd feel cheated that he took the place of a Squeenix rep and a Mario rep. If there were a SMRPG sequel, however...
Doc/Paper Mario/Shadow Mario/Cosmic Mario/Masks Link/Young Link/Wolf Link/Dark Samus/Metal Sonic/Pichu: we don't need variations of the same **** character; clones are bad enough.
Ashley: Warioware only needed one rep.
Vaati: celda sux
Tingle: hate him, but compared to Toon Link he's a god, so maybe I should delete this...nah, I still hate him.
Black Shadow: we don't need a Ganondorf clone
Roy: we don't need a Marth clone
Dixie: we don't need a Diddy clone
Plusle and Minun: we don't need another pokemon rep/another lame pokemon/a pikachu clone/an ICs clone
Toon Zelda/Sheik: celda sux/we don't need Zelda clones
Megaman: he'll be in eventually, but I can still hate his guts for eternity--guess who's my punching bag for SSB4?
Blaziken and all the other random-*** pokemon: most mundane choices ever, for the most part. Lucario was probably the only un-lame pokemon to choose, and even that adjective is stretching believability.
Animal Crosser: isn't that just the lame guy with the fisherman's hat and garden utensils? Ya, really intimidating.
Any Squeenix rep: any character would have create major unhappiness--there's just too **** many of them. And KH sux.
Miis: they are butts with legs.

I guess that's all...

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i was not disappointed that ashley was not in... but mike the karaoke machine would have been nice! or mona! she is so wonderful and amazing and such a good singer!

i'm glad that there were no more legend of zelda characters. and i wish stupid snake didn't make it. he is in no way part of the smash brothers aesthetic.

Green & Watch

Smash Cadet
based on the characters everyone wanted on smashboards, I am very glad there is no Ashley. She had an absurd amount of support for such an abysmal character.

These characters I would be fine with being in the game, but I don't think they'd be that great:
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Balloon Fighter
Animal Crosser
any extra Fire Emblem characters
Isaac (no more swordsmen needed)
Waluigi
Geno
Megaman
All those ones, I'm glad they didn't make it, especially, Krystal, Waluigi, and Geno.

Typo

Smash Rookie
lol glad you asked this, cuz, and i'll say it forever, no Animal Crossing character should be playable in any smash

QFT xd

I'm glad Bowser Jr or Daisy didn't make it. Bowser himself sucks enough ;X

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario(dont need 2 Marios)
kid/toon link (wait....****)
Shadow as an alternate costume (we dont need emo the hedgehog in Brawl....wait, ****)
Geno
any more 3rd partiers (2 was enough, actually Sonic was enough)

shellblade

Smash Cadet
Midna and/or wolf link
Dark Samus
Sora
Waluigi
Shadow

Why do I get the urge to kill every time I see Toon Link hate?

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
The only 2 characters that I would hate are:

Miis (what a ******** idea.)
Ridley(Wayyyy too big. Don't throw that Olimar argument at me either. It's okay if a character is too small, but scaled down characters would look horrible.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Midna and/or wolf link
Dark Samus
Sora
Waluigi
Shadow

Why do I get the urge to kill every time I see Toon Link hate?
Because people who hate Toon Link are messed up in the head.

finalark

SNORLAX
Here we go again...

It's disappointing that many people who are unfamilar with Isaac see the sword on his back in his profile image, and think he's just a swordsman, even though in nearly every other piece of promotional art, he's doing much grander things than swinging around some sword. Characters like Marth, Ike, Link, Meta Knight, and others are synonomous with their swords, but Isaac actually is not. Link certainly couldn't be included without his Master Sword, but Isaac could easily and faithfully be included in the roster even if he didn't have a weapon at al. In the games, he can use swords, axes, maces, or fight without weapons. Isaac is a earth mage (both the rock/stone/sand and the plant varieties), a healer, a psychic, a telekinetic, and has the ability to teleport, hover, stop time, and summon. He just happens to have a sword. He doesn't even use his sword as an AT.

Just for your edification.
It's about time someone said that.

Oh, and I agree with everyone who thinks it good that Ridley
(I don't know if I spelled it right and I really don't care)
didn't get playable.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Im so glad Megaman the fheggot didnt make it. Fan boys of him cried the day that roster was finalized.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I am in a way very glad that Claus did not get in.

I am also glad that Dr. Mario and Pichu are gone too, they were a waste of space.

I also am glad that Midna, Ashley, Black Knight, Dixie Kong, Plusle/Minun, Dark Samus, Tingle, Lip, L-Block, Mike, and Sora didn't get in.

But I would have liked it if K Rool, Micaiah, Isaac, Ridley, Megaman, Krystal, Miis, Takamaru, Sukapon, Mona and another MOTHER character (I was thinking Paula would have been good as a love interest for Ness, NOT Claus or Flint...it's just wrong seeing Lucas being beat up by his dad *child abuse*) did get in. Alexandra Roivas and Pious Augustus would have been good too but it could be too scary for many people.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
I'm just happy "Animal Crosser" didn't make it in. I love Animal Crossing as much as the next guy, but really, it'd be such a terribly dull character. Once Mr. Resetti got debunked, I lost all interest in an AC rep. I guess I could've handled Tom Nook too but that didn't work out either.

Also Bowser Jr.
That little guy needs to burn in a fire.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Dang. A lot of Geno and Midna haters and just so its clear in my first post I meant that I wanted as many characters as there could be. Theres really no one I wouldn't have been happy with.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Dang. A lot of Geno and Midna haters.
I actually wanted them both. Midna because I like TP, and she could have been a unique and awesome character to play, and she could be another kick butt female character.

At first Geno I didn't support because his support was almost cliche, but I have played SMRPG and remembered that he was an awesome character, and his character kinda represents Mario's leap into the world of RPGs, which is a pretty big thing that led to many other Mario RPGs

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Ridley... I mean honestly he's too ****ing huge to be a playable character.

Top Bottom