• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any character your happy didn't make it.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Geno. Frankly, I think the guy is overrrated. I can't believe people obsessed over this guy!

I'm sad that Micaiah, Mewtwo, Krystal, and Ridley didn't get in the roster... but it's all water under the bridge now. I'm satisfied with the roster as it is.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
- Geno
- Ridley
- Krystal
- Animal Crossing Villager
- Dark Samus
- Mii

Ones I actually did want in but can live without:

- Isaac (AT...)
- Lyn (again, AT)
- Ashley
- Blaziken
- Micaiah

I'm so happy Roy didn't make it in. what a stupid character. He shouldn't have even been in Melee.
In this post: a n00b who didn't play FE6 and therefore has no validity to his comment.

Lessthan_tom

Smash Cadet
Ridley- Because he's like 20ft tall.

Geno-Because even though I like the character he was only in one game and it was obscure.

Krystal-Because we already have enough landmasters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
GENO HAHAHAHA IN YOUR FACE GENO FANS!!

sorry, didn't mean to flame, but really, who honestly thought he would make it?
*watches as the band wagon grows even larger*

Sigh...

Really, from what I'm seeing, people are bashing the most popular characters that didn't make it in. It reminds of the people that argued that Wario deserved to be left on the cutting room floor in Melee because he "obviously" would have been a Mario clone. Similar additudes surrounded Diddy Kong and King Dedede. Don't even get me started on all the people who were like "ZoMg, SoNiC sUX, lOl" after EGM did their April Fool's Day special in 2002.

Really, it's a matter of avoiding scorn. If a character you supported didn't make it into Brawl, you (along with the character) are obviously stupid and thus were openly rejected. Because people can't change the roster, they bite their lower lip and pretend that its 100% perfect and that no one was left out... just like with Melee.

As mentioned many times before, Sakurai decided on 34 of Brawl's 35 idividual characters in the course of two days back in July 2005. Sonic was the only character that got in due to current fan demand and he wasn't even added until the summer of 2007. With that said, Sakurai didn't even take into consideration the many suggestions that people made during the 2006 offical Brawl poll except Sonic (who he probably added out of fear after MASATO was announced).

In the end, history has an incredible way of repeating itself. People insisting that Krystal would have been the worst addition in the world now, for example, will probably be going on and on about how long she deserved a spot once she is added in the next addition. People insisted that Diddy was freakishly annoying and now he's in the running for top tier. Who da thunk it?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Geno, so many people actually thought he had a chance, lol.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I thought Geno would be a far better wtf/retro character than rob.

And Ridley and Krystal would have pleased alot of people (me included)

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
Geno - While he would have been an interesting addition, I was happy when Geno didn't even get an AT status.
Claus
Mii

Nearly everyone else I would've been fine with.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I thought Geno would be a far better wtf/retro character than rob.

And Ridley and Krystal would have pleased alot of people (me included)
Really, the only reason I'm getting so defensive is because I feel like I'm one of the few people "of my kind" left. Really, I think a ton of people just flat out dropped SWF when the full character roster was leaked and confirmed and I'm the only member of the "Geno Alliance" that still comes here on a regular basis. Really, just because Brawl is out doesn't mean I've flat out given up on Geno support. I'm already supporting him for SSB4 which may sound really strange but I was exactly like this regarding Wario and King Dedede after Melee was released. (Yeah, to be honest, I've been supporting Geno for a SSB game since about 2002 after it was confirmed that both Snake and Sonic were considered for Melee thus giving me hope of third party characters in the future.) Honestly, I feel that SWF is becoming very "antagonistic" towards people who still support characters that didn't make the cut. Heck, at least I'm not begging and crying for DLC or patches like other people, right?

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I remember alot of people wanting Geno for brawl. If I remember right Geno had his own flash animation thing where someone created his moveset. The "Geno for brawl" thread was huge.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298

1176 pages! Thats alot of Geno hype.

If square ever do allow there characters into smash, it has to be Geno. Not black mage, not Cloud and certainly not Sora.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I remember when Geno fanboys would exclaim things like "He was in deh journal lyk 5 timez"...

To think he ever had a chance... now that is true denial.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Ridley- Because he's like 20ft tall.
He's smaller than Bowser.

Seriously, Ridley is only omg hueg in the Prime games, and if you want to get technical, it's Meta Ridley, not regular Ridley, in Prime. There's nothing stopping them from scaling Ridley to fit. He was nearly perfectly sized in the Melee intro.

Now where's that photoshopped "Ridley on the Dojo" picture...

Machete

Smash Ace
Forget the Melee intro of Ridley, play Super Metroid. He's pretty WTF huge in that too.
Read the Metroid manga, and you'll see a playable-sized Ridley. :rolleyes:

Also, the Super Metroid Ridley isn't bigger than the Super Mario World Bowser. And the Metroid Prime Ridley isn't bigger than the Galaxy Bowser, the Metroid Prime 3 Ridley isn't bigger than the Sunshine Bowser... etc etc

BTW, you should read what Fatmanonice writes. He's one of the few intelligent users here.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
*sighs* This topic is just a fight a-brewing. I don't even feel like posting my choices.

It just goes to prove that people can trash any Pokémon, Krystal, Waluigi, and Geno all they want... but don't you dare remark about their sacred Fire Emblem. *sighs again*

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
*sighs* This topic is just a fight a-brewing. I don't even feel like posting my choices.

It just goes to prove that people can trash any Pokémon, Krystal, Waluigi, and Geno all they want... but don't you dare remark about their sacred Fire Emblem. *sighs again*
Exactly. This thread was at it's start and still is nothing but a call for flaming.

"Omgz you dont like _____?" "Well, I didnt like ______ so **** you!"

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
*watches as the band wagon grows even larger*

Sigh...

Really, from what I'm seeing, people are bashing the most popular characters that didn't make it in. It reminds of the people that argued that Wario deserved to be left on the cutting room floor in Melee because he "obviously" would have been a Mario clone. Similar additudes surrounded Diddy Kong and King Dedede. Don't even get me started on all the people who were like "ZoMg, SoNiC sUX, lOl" after EGM did their April Fool's Day special in 2002.

Really, it's a matter of avoiding scorn. If a character you supported didn't make it into Brawl, you (along with the character) are obviously stupid and thus were openly rejected. Because people can't change the roster, they bite their lower lip and pretend that its 100% perfect and that no one was left out... just like with Melee.

As mentioned many times before, Sakurai decided on 34 of Brawl's 35 idividual characters in the course of two days back in July 2005. Sonic was the only character that got in due to current fan demand and he wasn't even added until the summer of 2007. With that said, Sakurai didn't even take into consideration the many suggestions that people made during the 2006 offical Brawl poll except Sonic (who he probably added out of fear after MASATO was announced).

In the end, history has an incredible way of repeating itself. People insisting that Krystal would have been the worst addition in the world now, for example, will probably be going on and on about how long she deserved a spot once she is added in the next addition. People insisted that Diddy was freakishly annoying and now he's in the running for top tier. Who da thunk it?
QFT. The roster sucks because we didn't get everyone we wanted (even the reasonable choices). But people should stop whining about the characters that really didn't have a chance. I like Geno, but he had no business being in Brawl--popularity is just one aspect of relevance. I really hate the bandwagoning that's been going on in these forums--just because a character is original doesn't mean that they deserved to be in more than anyone else. The really sad thing is that some of the bandwagons actually succeeded: Ike, Lucas, TOON LINK. So the roster sucks because people just aren't practical about the quality of the game as a whole--it's no wonder we got so many clones; you asked for them. And that's my bit. Personally, I'm glad a lot of characters didn't make it--hopefully enough rejection will make you all realize that you should choose who you back with a little more discretion than "I think Toon Link is cute."

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
QFT. The roster sucks because we didn't get everyone we wanted (even the reasonable choices). But people should stop whining about the characters that really didn't have a chance. I like Geno, but he had no business being in Brawl--popularity is just one aspect of relevance. I really hate the bandwagoning that's been going on in these forums--just because a character is original doesn't mean that they deserved to be in more than anyone else. The really sad thing is that some of the bandwagons actually succeeded: Ike, Lucas, TOON LINK. So the roster sucks because people just aren't practical about the quality of the game as a whole--it's no wonder we got so many clones; you asked for them. And that's my bit. Personally, I'm glad a lot of characters didn't make it--hopefully enough rejection will make you all realize that you should choose who you back with a little more discretion than "I think Toon Link is cute."
Ike is not a clone, he just has a similar color scheme, and he was only there to replace Roy as the latest FE Lord when the roster was decided in 2005. If it had given a little more time we might have seen Micaiah or even Sothe, seeing as he had a bigger role than in FE9 and Sakurai obviously hate female fighters.

Lucas was meant to replace Ness from the start in Melee but wasn't because Mother 64 being canceled. Everyone was expected Ness to be out, especially with "until now," but now we have two very similar PK boys.

Toon Link had potential, he had a lot of move choices from WW that could have made him unique, but Sakurai and his team decided for some reason to go the easy route and make him Brawl's Young Link. I was pulling more for the return of Young Link with the Mask abilities.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Ike is not a clone, he just has a similar color scheme, and he was only there to replace Roy as the latest FE Lord when the roster was decided in 2005. If it had given a little more time we might have seen Micaiah or even Sothe, seeing as he had a bigger role than in FE9 and Sakurai obviously hate female fighters.

Lucas was meant to replace Ness from the start in Melee but wasn't because Mother 64 being canceled. Everyone was expected Ness to be out, especially with "until now," but now we have two very similar PK boys.

Toon Link had potential, he had a lot of move choices from WW that could have made him unique, but Sakurai and his team decided for some reason to go the easy route and make him Brawl's Young Link. I was pulling more for the return of Young Link with the Mask abilities.
Ahh...but you agree with me that Ike was not the best that they could do. There were much more original characters than he--Micaiah and Sothe had much more potential. And, they wouldn't have had lame sword-based movesets (let's face it, did Ike really need to share Marth's counter ability?).

I knew that Lucas was intended to replace Ness long before Brawl--that still doesn't justify Sakurai's stupidity. We didn't need both Ness and Lucas. Two of essentially the same character (even the way they look) is probably the biggest cop-out in the history of SSB, next to Toon Link.

Masks Link, shouldn't have been in, either (too many **** Links), but that was the only one I might have been happy with. The thrill of playing as Zora Link would have eventually overcome my disappointment at the repetitive cycle of unoriginality. Toon Link/potatohead is the worst reincarnation of Link ever invented and I swear he will be my only punching bag in Brawl.

Back on topic: Geno bandwagoners, please stop trying to destroy what little foundations of reason that are keeping SSB alive. You have seven frickin' years before the next SSB, maybe instead of pushing for Geno as a character (which he clearly doesn't deserve at this point), you should try and get a SMRPG sequel to come out before then SO HE ACTUALLY MERITS PC STATUS. I like Geno, but he's just too **** obscure.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic: Geno bandwagoners, please stop trying to destroy what little foundations of reason that are keeping SSB alive. You have seven frickin' years before the next SSB, maybe instead of pushing for Geno as a character (which he clearly doesn't deserve at this point), you should try and get a SMRPG sequel to come out before then SO HE ACTUALLY MERITS PC STATUS. I like Geno, but he's just too **** obscure.
Jeepers, why do people who don't like Geno always insult the fans? That's what is driving me nuts about this topic more than anything, how a topic about characters you didn't want in is becoming:

"Haha, Geno didn't get in, you stupid fanboys, I bathe in your sorrow, your toilet has more class than you and Geno, I mock your eyebrows and low-grade socks!"

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Jeepers, why do people who don't like Geno always insult the fans? That's what is driving me nuts about this topic more than anything, how a topic about characters you didn't want in is becoming:

"Haha, Geno didn't get in, you stupid fanboys, I bathe in your sorrow, your toilet has more class than you and Geno, I mock your eyebrows and low-grade socks!"
People would appreciate your opinion more if you would actually read their posts. I SAID I LIKE GENO. He just doesn't deserve a spot on Brawl. Not now, anyway. If Geno fans weren't just a bandwagon (which they sadly are) they would actually try to boost his chances for Brawl by pushing for a second SMRPG, not destroying Brawl's purpose as a union of Nintendo's "mascots" with only one game to back them up. It's a good game, but it drowns amid the tens of tens of Nintendo and Square Enix games--Geno just isn't a mascot. Yet.

Top Bottom