• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is 3 vs. 3 Possible?

ChuDat

Smash Master
I would just like to know if it would be possible to hack Brawl to have 6 players playing at the same time via

4 Gamecube controllers
2 Wiimotes + nunchucks

Theoretically, I believe it is possible since Brawl includes that one mode... destroy the alloys or something? Anyway, in this mode, 6 players is possible but it is yourself vs 5 other computer alloys.

Now if it is possible to turn something like that into an actual WORKING 6 player mode, that would definitely be a plus.

I host bi-weeklies in the MD/VA area where people from all of the nation come and play against our best. What I plan to do is to start having 3v3 tournaments at my bi-weeklies and see how it works out. I personally think it will be a big change, and make for an interesting battle. Don't worry about the rules for now such as stages and such, I just want to focus on getting something like this to work. If it ALL possible, then great!

Any news on something like this?

shanus

Smash Hero
Its a work in progress last I heard Chu. And you were required to have a USB Gecko (a tool that the coders/hackers use) in order to load in the 5th and 6th players. You'll probably have to wait a bit on this one.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
they'd either need to make an adapter to attach more GC controllers (like they did with PS1/2) or people have to learn the wii mote + nun-chuck/classic controller.

But this sounds epic. If they get this to work, its a whole new thing to try out :D. (But i think all stages will have to be big)

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
what also would be cool is if they allowed you to pick, say in a 3 stock match, 1 character for each stock.

Almas

Smash Lord
Bits of it are possible, but there are some difficulties.

The most notable issue if and when crash glitches are resolved, though, is that the game only supports four characters at a time. Any other players would have to be alloys (who use up less room, and the game has allocated space for them).

But yeah, it's certainly possible.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea, definitely possible, as you said urself, there can be 6 characters on screen from the Alloy mode. The main problem is with selecting the 5th and 6th character :/
I can't imagine how they would do that (without a USB Gecko, which just isn't feasible for tourneys)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I don't think it's possible on the same wii without some serious IOS hacks. I think you'd have a better hope of doing it over WiFi.

I think you guys are overlooking the big issue that the WiiOS only allows 4 controllers simultaneously.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Really? I thought it could accept up to eight, since there is a game called Bomberman Party that allows up to 8 human players, via gamecube controllers and wiimotes.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I remember someone saying there was a code to change your character during the game is that true? would it work then so the people start as alloys and then switch to characters?

D

Deleted member

Yea, definitely possible, as you said urself, there can be 6 characters on screen from the Alloy mode. The main problem is with selecting the 5th and 6th character :/
I can't imagine how they would do that (without a USB Gecko, which just isn't feasible for tourneys)
7, actually.

Almas

Smash Lord
No Baku. The game doesn't have enough room to fit the data in (well, it has some, but it's poorly allocated at times). Alloys use a lot less memory than normal Characters, for fairly obvious reasons.

If such a code were to be made, then eventually character selection would be done using methods such as holding down certain button inputs for different characters. It wouldn't be too complex - 4 people would be able to choose characters, and the other 2 would be restricted to alloys anyways, so there wouldn't be too many inputs to remember.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Yeah, and I dougbt andyone would want to play as alloys, if that were possible.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Pfft, I bet Chu using the Kirby Alloy would still win LOL.

It would be awesome if a 3 v. 3 code was released. Hopefully it is completed soon.

Revven

FrankerZ
IIRC, Igglyboo and PW both said they would try to make the Alloys viable and able to have the very same functions as regular characters do (from shielding, to B moves, to grabbing the ledge to name a few). They would just have to base the moves off the original characters, which would hopefully go well... but in any case, Igglyboo is still at hard work on it so be patient.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Pfft, I bet Chu using the Kirby Alloy would still win LOL.
^-^ We won't know until we try, huh?

IIRC, Igglyboo and PW both said they would try to make the Alloys viable and able to have the very same functions as regular characters do (from shielding, to B moves, to grabbing the ledge to name a few). They would just have to base the moves off the original characters, which would hopefully go well... but in any case, Igglyboo is still at hard work on it so be patient.
Wonderful! ^-^
Then I change my mind. Alloys will be fun, and DA NEW FRONTIER!!! :D
*waits patiently*

ChuDat

Smash Master
Alloys as the 5th and 6th players would be a good first step. I don't think any focus should be put on making it a full 7 character Brawl fight, unless people want to do FFA's lolz.

I think Almas has a good view on how it would work. I just hope later on, actual characters can be used instead of Alloys. Also, I've heard something about changing and hacking the Character Select Screen. Could something like this work in conjunction with this 6 player hack, or does it only change character window placement? For example, hacking the character select screen so that there are 6 player windows instead of 4.

Good **** @ Igglyboo for making this a reality, and anyone else that helps! =).

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'm pretty sure it just changes the selectable window placements, sorry.

Almas

Smash Lord
The limitation is not with the inability to choose a character. It is with the fact that the game is not built to handle more than 4 characters at any given time. Alloys require less memory, because they're less detailed characters. They don't have specials, grabs etc.

Dajin

Smash Rookie
The limitation is not with the inability to choose a character. It is with the fact that the game is not built to handle more than 4 characters at any given time. Alloys require less memory, because they're less detailed characters. They don't have specials, grabs etc.
doesn't the same apply to melee since it wasn't built to handle more than 4 characters.and the wire frames required less memory.even so they were able to make a code for it to have 6 characters.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^I think melee could just handle more characters in general. Almas is saying that the wii simply can't handle it (the Wii is a surprisingly limited system).

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
^^I think melee could just handle more characters in general. Almas is saying that the wii simply can't handle it (the Wii is a surprisingly limited system).
Character have a much bigger memory foot print in Brawl then Melee.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Hmm, 3 vs. 3's? That would be banned from the Backroom. Because the Backroom hates anything super awesome, like Poke Floats.

But sadly, I don't think it'll work on the Wii OR 'Cube. Oh well, here's hoping for a Brawl++.

------------------

In other news, this post officially makes me a Smash Master. yay

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, 3 vs. 3's? That would be banned from the Backroom. Because the Backroom hates anything super awesome, like Poke Floats.

But sadly, I don't think it'll work on the Wii OR 'Cube. Oh well, here's hoping for a Brawl++.

------------------

In other news, this post officially makes me a Smash Master. yay
It could work, it's just that not everyone will be able to use a regular character...

I personally wouldn't mind using an Alloy, as long as the can do everything regular characters can. :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
??? Poke Floats was legal in Melee.

Anyway, 3 on 3 would be amazing, and would greatly change the stages that would be believable. FD would be too small for 3 on 3 for example.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
And if we really wanted, we could texture hack the alloys to look like normal characters.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Does the Wii OS support more memory then it has? It would be an interesting mod to replace the stock memory chip with a bigger one if you could even get a compatible one. (I know this works for modems)

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
"Nintendo chose not to have any operating system or common code at all running on the Broadway CPU. When you run a game, everything that shows up on your screen, ever, is being loaded from that spinning polycarbonate disc. And there are no mechanisms for anything else to run on that CPU: no update infrastructure, no Home Menu updates, nothing. If they ever want to have a “hypervisor” run above games, they’ll need to get a new CPU with full-blown virtualization capability (or an emulator), because games assume they have direct access to the CPU and most of the hardware."

LOL...

t___t

Top Bottom