• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International and Underrated Smasher Recognition/Awareness

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol this thread is funny. 4pac. I see what he did there.

I had never heard of Jeapie before...

edit:// just checked out OP. Very good thread, great idea.

I played tect last week, and I must say he's improved since last year. Don't know how active he is, though. You might consider adding Sion to that list, he only just attended his first national at rom3.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Dashdancedan went their during a trip and BBQ (the American Pikachu player) uploaded a quick combo of one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUPrS3TJT0

But other than that, I don't think there's anything.
I'm a Marth player from GA. I don't use pikachu... I just like the avatar, lolz

I have a bit more info about Cambodia. I talk to Dashdancedan a lot, so I'll just post the stuff he's told me since he rarely posts on smashboards.

Peach is the best character on their tier list
Young Link is top tier (I believe he's 2nd best in the game, but I'm not 100% on that)
Cambo-Flow is the best young link in Cambodia
KrazyJonez (old school peach main) was a heavy influence on their community since he is native cambodian and he visited there often when the community was beginning to grow.
Dan has brought up the idea of starting a fund to bring over Cambodia's top players to Genesis 2 or another future national.

GREENTHUMB

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Marth player from GA. I don't use pikachu... I just like the avatar, lolz

I have a bit more info about Cambodia. I talk to Dashdancedan a lot, so I'll just post the stuff he's told me since he rarely posts on smashboards.

Peach is the best character on their tier list
Young Link is top tier (I believe he's 2nd best in the game, but I'm not 100% on that)
Cambo-Flow is the best young link in Cambodia
KrazyJonez (old school peach main) was a heavy influence on their community since he is native cambodian and he visited there often when the community was beginning to grow.
Dan has brought up the idea of starting a fund to bring over Cambodia's top players to Genesis 2 or another future national.
I forget, would Cambodia run NSTC or PAL?

Also, I remember krazyjonez from some old school crew battle vids.

strawhats

Smash Master
ok...I actually believe the information about cambodia, however the sri lankan roy player story is something else

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
maybe they had an ntsc set up?

i thought like everywhere other then north america ran pal

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Don't forget about Ireland's only active member :bee: ..........

Actually no, you probably should.

Some of these unknown guys are really good.

*watches more*

BBQ°

Smash Champion

otg

Smash Master
IIRC, most technology from America doesn't work in Foreign countries. You need certain types of adapters and what not to even plug the cube into the wall without destroying it.

Idk, I really want to believe in the Cambodian Y.Link's, but it just seems more and more Farfetched. 4pac tho, thats a real *****.

Mizar

Smash Ace
IIRC, most technology from America doesn't work in Foreign countries. You need certain types of adapters and what not to even plug the cube into the wall without destroying it.

Idk, I really want to believe in the Cambodian Y.Link's, but it just seems more and more Farfetched. 4pac tho, thats a real *****.
Those adapters cost what, 4 bucks? They aren't hard to get lol.
And yeah, it sounds really

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I missed it, but Kjab should be mentioned here. He's a really amazing Falco player. Idk if he still mains him, since he's been switching between other characters like Marth and Falcon, but he's really good with them too.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
so, NTSC is "everywhere" except 4 of the 6 inhabited continents?

lolsmashboards
Doesn't North America, South America and Asia all you NSTC? I'm pretty sure that would make the NSTC population far numerous than the PAL population.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol @ Otg's Cambodian Young Link satire, with the Sri Lanka Roy story.

Bigger lol @ the people who are taking this seriously.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Dude, you're right.

I forgot that I played 4pac online last week.

It was lagging at 45 fps with a 20 frame delay, but I could tell 4pac was no joke.

His Roy beat my Ness.

That's insane.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
zelda ness and roy are top tier in sri lanka btw

he has alot of ness experience

otg

Smash Master
You guys must be thinking to yourself, "OHH OTG, you silly troll you. You thought that we would see your story and how similar it is to the Cambodian Y. Link story, and with our logical brains realize that the Cambodian Y.Link story is total bull****." But what you didn't realize, was that I'm being dead ****ing serious about 4pac. I also completely believe the Cambodian Y.Link story now as well, that 8 second video of the 'Dash attack -> fire spike' nonsense was enough for me. I'm sorry I questioned it in the first place.

You see, I know how hard it might be to believe that our low tiers could be Top Tiers in a foreign country, but what you have to realize is that their metagame is waaaaay more developed then ours. These countries only get access to new video games once in a blue moon, so they've had nothing but GC for the last 5 - 7 years or so (at least this is story in Sri Lanka).

As a result, they've clocked in way more hours then us and have explored and pushed the metagame of every single character waaaay beyond that of the United States/Europe who have yet to ween themselves from the 'oh so easy to play' Top Tiers (especially us NTSC ******s, man this game is so easy and doesn't represent true skill at all).

Thus, you have the Top Tier in Sri Lanka with Zelda > Roy > Ness > Marth > Sheik. The spacies are over hyped midtiers (falcon included) and Pichu is still dead last. It's just how they play the game, hopefully one day we can catch up.

Once again, can't emphasize enough how dead serious I am about all of this. Not trollin'

at all

Top Bottom