• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ground Throw and Single Naner Lock (0 death combo with naner lock in PROVEN!)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Del this **** is ridiculously hard on wifi, I tried it lol

It's more of an offline tech, sorry :(

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I think I'll be able to do it. It's a timing thing, and not a reaction thing, so the main problem would be if the lag starts fluxing, and even then... I just need to learn it like Marth's side b online.

unfortunately, marth's side b is hard online LOL

I can do it offline, but I'll practice online too. that's all I'm saying lol.

I mean if I can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWvI4JQoQgY
online, this Diddy stuff should be cake ;o

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I have yes. As well as my roommate. I even DI'ed with my feet to absolutly make sure.
I had my brother handle the DIing, and it's inescapable if you're really fast with it.

You guys, before you look at hylian's vid and go OOOOHHH just read this first.
LOL, you're such a bratty little kid sometimes. Wait, a lot of the time.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think I'll be able to do it. It's a timing thing, and not a reaction thing, so the main problem would be if the lag starts fluxing, and even then... I just need to learn it like Marth's side b online.

unfortunately, marth's side b is hard online LOL

I can do it offline, but I'll practice online too. that's all I'm saying lol.

I mean if I can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWvI4JQoQgY
online, this Diddy stuff should be cake ;o
teching to up-b'ing means nothing

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Yeah what Chrome said.

And I doubt anyone besides Diddy could do it.

The only ones that might be able would be maybe MK and other characters with fast falling speed and ones with aerials that autocancel (and I don't mean the normal autocancel, I mean an immediate cancel).

DK could never do it with nair, but maybe with uair because it doesn't has any lag if you land during the first few frames.
nair autocancels on the first 10 frames, if uair works, nair works.

I would not doubt anyone besides diddy can do it, all you need is auto canceling aerials with decent startup time and falling speed. I wouldn't doubt if wolf could do it

Edit:

Okay, with Shiek I was able do it two times on a Diddy who was set to walk.
I guess that means Shiek could do it...

I also tested MK and I think he could infinite Diddy it with Z drop + uair... >_>
It's really really hard to do though. I think it would be only possible if you're frame perfect (aka perfect control) so I doubt anyone could really do it.
And in the end it's not worth it because if you're doing it right the Z dropped banana will only do 1 damage (it can do 3-1 but I think you can only follow up if it does 2 or 1 %).
that wouldn't be an infinite, it would end when mk runs out of jumps.

First of all.

Other characters doing this to Diddy doesn't matter.
It's so situational for them anyway; Diddy has the fast dash attack to pick them up and the general controlling glidetoss which allows him to get this off very easily off of a techchase naner or even just out of shield, since Diddy holds naners a lot.

Second; this is really really easy. Nowhere near Melee precision imo.

Jump, cstick down, cstick down. You don't do cstick down immediately when you jump, but you do it before you reach the top of your jump.

Back to setups for this waveshine/off tha heezy/1bananalocklol
-techchase off stuff
-out of shield

uh lol

followups:
-forward glidetoss with the one you still have to fsmash/dsmash/anything really
-situational spike offstage (I've done it like twice in 20 minutes, it's pretty easy but situational)

everyone seems to ignore my posts though so whatev lol
will try to do this on wifi. I do stuff on wifi >.>
doing it to diddy does matter a lot, it could make a real impact on the matchup. if dk could do it, diddy would get boned, nana lock to the edge, glide throw headbutt. any big characters that could do this could be a big problem

ADHD

Smash Hero
nair autocancels on the first 10 frames, if uair works, nair works.

I would not doubt anyone besides diddy can do it, all you need is auto canceling aerials with decent startup time and falling speed. I wouldn't doubt if wolf could do it

that wouldn't be an infinite, it would end when mk runs out of jumps.

doing it to diddy does matter a lot, it could make a real impact on the matchup. if dk could do it, diddy would get boned, nana lock to the edge, glide throw headbutt. any big characters that could do this could be a big problem

Double post, my bad. Just bc a character has autocanceling aerials doesn't mean it will work bc it has to have the right falling speed and such and such, and no it will not change the matchup. I want you to try to get a diddy player to stay still just for you.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong's probably not fast enough;;;

If you can see that the other player is trying to sh on top of you to dthrow the banana to lock you, I am sure that the Diddy player will be able to stop it. Shfair, barrel cancel ? a lot of stuff really. It's kind of predictable imo

teching to up-b'ing means nothing
ohsnp.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
^ cause it's entirely not possible for the other guy to knock diddy away and grab the nanas.

can you guys at least test it to see who it works with/see if it's practical?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I know that the opponent grabbing the nanerz is easy, but being able to actually set up the lock is difficult vs a Diddy who knows about it.

and of course testing is good. If characters can't even manage it with fast falled ac aerials/airdodge, then Diddy is much safer.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hylian/Thien, the uair and bair are possible and able to keep them in the lock? I'm curious as to how you do that controlling stuf fwith your hands...

pastaboy

Smash Champion
chrome im wondering the same thing. i can do it with the upair and bair perfectly but as soon as i set cpu to walk they roll out rite away. Does the uair or bair need to be fast-falled to be truelly inescabable, or is using the dair the only way to make it truly inescabable.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
cstick dair is the best because it autofastfalls for you, and if you time it right it auto cancels upon landing, and of course grabs the banana.
If you use bair/uair, you have to fastfall it to keep it fast enough but there would be landing lag i think anyway.

Tested this on lv 9 computers (was annoying..) but I could get a couple of decently long strings. Some times I was slow, and they got up right away/rolled out.

Big characters this WAS difficult on. Dedede/Donkey Kong were weird. The banana bounces earlier because they're bigger?
Falco is easy. Snake is okay. Marth is okay. Metaknight is tricky.

Shield->this doesn't work because it'll push you. Out of dodge/perfect shield might work.

If you mess up the catch, you can leave the banana there. When they get up normally/attack get up, they'll slip, so you can punish. Since rolling = no slip, watch for their rolls.

At the moment I'm slow looking for opportunities, I'm gonna keep practicing, gotta get this like Melee lol

Luigi player

Smash Master
You need to have a fast items throw too, which some characters like MK, Wario and DK don't have.
Maybe you could do it with a Z drop, but that will only do 1 damage and it would probably be REALLY hard to do it and in the end not worth it, because you could just throw it at him and do an attack to hit him in his stun. If you'd mess up the lock you most likely will only do really really little damage.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
I tried it with the computer set to walk and I can't do it at all haha. Everyone who is trying it on stop, try it on walk it's a lot harder.

Luigi player

Smash Master
The only "useful" thing DK can do would be:

SH banana dthrow to ff uair, but it only does about 20 % (in training).

DK can't follow Diddy at all. He's too slow... (he can't follow up after the Z drop, because he has to use the nair instantly, which means he WILL have a bit landing lag and thus he's too slow; if you dthrow the banana he will not be able to catch the banana again during the sh, because his banana toss has too much lag)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah its much harder to do when they're walking. For me after doing the down throw, I'll just follow it up once I land with a upsmash to rack up the damage ^_^

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh hum impressive tech... I am not doing it right yet, hmm i think i should learn to jump with X/Y instead of joystick now... Screw you, left handed myself >.<

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Wait a sec...I recognize this. I think I've been doing this for fun in the Wi Fi waiting room for AGES with Peach and her Turnips...I think I actually made a topic about it but it didn't really catch on as you couldn't really do anything like this with Turnips

Let me see if I can find it

Edit: Got it!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=184815

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm, interesting. That is pretty much the same concept, the difference is Diddy has far more "stun" after he hits the opponent with a banana because of tripping than Peach gets after hitting an opponent with a turnip.

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
ive never realy gotten it off more then like 2 times bc i havent realy worked at it but ive been able 2 do that without L set 2 attack because i was using the C-stick soo does L realy need 2 be set 2 atack cus i use L 2 glide toss XD

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So basically, if I understand right, if you press down on the C-stick immediately, this technique will not work, but if you wait until the peak of the jump, it will.

Does anyone know why?

Luigi player

Smash Master
So basically, if I understand right, if you press down on the C-stick immediately, this technique will not work, but if you wait until the peak of the jump, it will.

Does anyone know why?
Because you fast fall after the peak of the jump and the dair autocancels.

If you mean the banana toss... well, because you don't have enough time to follow up then.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I practiced the single nana lock for about an hour and I can do it pretty consistently now. I haven't figured out the infinite though. Anyone mind explaining?

Luigi player

Smash Master
I practiced the single nana lock for about an hour and I can do it pretty consistently now. I haven't figured out the infinite though. Anyone mind explaining?
In training mode with the cpu on "run"?

To infinite someone you have to do it on a wall.

Maybe it works if you throw the banana down on your enemy a little in front of him so that he is hit backwards and then you can follow up again in the other direction, but I don't know if that works.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
In training mode with the cpu on "run"?

To infinite someone you have to do it on a wall.

Maybe it works if you throw the banana down on your enemy a little in front of him so that he is hit backwards and then you can follow up again in the other direction, but I don't know if that works.
lol, so it's not an infinite. It's a single banana edge-finite lock. How lame...

I tried doing a true infinite where I'd SH->throw naner down->dair->fastfall->land->RAR to the backside of opponent->throw down->dair. I couldn't land on his backside with the banana though. If I could keep the naner, I'd have a true infinite.

At low percentages, I DID manage to single naner lock in one direction and then SH over cpu->throw naner down-> and bair him into the naner. I then picked up the naner and started the single nana lock in the opposite direction.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just did this in a real match to a ROB. He forward B'ed and I jumped over it and got like 3 reps off I think. I saved the replay >_>.

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol, so it's not an infinite. It's a single banana edge-finite lock. How lame...

I tried doing a true infinite where I'd SH->throw naner down->dair->fastfall->land->RAR to the backside of opponent->throw down->dair. I couldn't land on his backside with the banana though. If I could keep the naner, I'd have a true infinite.

At low percentages, I DID manage to single naner lock in one direction and then SH over cpu->throw naner down-> and bair him into the naner. I then picked up the naner and started the single nana lock in the opposite direction.
Oh...so I guess 0-deathing someone by locking them with one banana to a spike at the end of the stage is lame.

I think this can be an infinite, I was practicing the nana lock to spike on jiggly and messed the DI up and hit him backwards and I quickly to to reverse it for the infinite and succeeded but the computer was on the "stand" mode but I did it farily quickly and LOOKED like they couldn't escape even on "walk." I don't think you can do this on talled characters though because I think it would take to long to DI to the other side of them but I may be wrong

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I reread the OP and saw this that I missed. :)
Death combo at ANY percent with the single naner lock: One of the bonuses of this AT is that you can get a free spike, on any member of the cast through the single naner lock. If their trip animation goes offstage with correct spacing, you get a free spike.
Oh...so I guess 0-deathing someone by locking them with one banana to a spike at the end of the stage is lame.

I think this can be an infinite, I was practicing the nana lock to spike on jiggly and messed the DI up and hit him backwards and I quickly to to reverse it for the infinite and succeeded but the computer was on the "stand" mode but I did it farily quickly and LOOKED like they couldn't escape even on "walk." I don't think you can do this on talled characters though because I think it would take to long to DI to the other side of them but I may be wrong
I was able to turn MK around a couple times as well. I didn't react to it quick enough to keep the lock going though. :ohwell:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord

Does anyone know why?
Because you can't fast-fall before you reach the apex of the short hop. You can only activate the fast-fall after you've gotten over the crest of the jump. If you double-C-stick before the apex, it's up to you to make the on-the-fly adjustment to manually activate fast-fall on the directional stick.

Top Bottom