• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Ground Throw and Single Naner Lock (0 death combo with naner lock in PROVEN!)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Here's something cool, if they spotdodge a lot go for it, they spotdodge, slip on the banana, you pick the banana up immediately and start.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Here's something cool, if they spotdodge a lot go for it, they spotdodge, slip on the banana, you pick the banana up immediately and start.
htat r relle gewd idea, i haz tew trai dat sumteim. (pastaboy) but really, that could work altho it would be hard to time and you would have to react fast.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
would a glide toss into right into a short hopped z-catch work? Does anyone have videos of doing it while the computer is on anything but stop? Cuz that's really easy to do, I wanna see someone do it on walk or in a match, even if its' against a lvl 9.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
would a glide toss into right into a short hopped z-catch work? Does anyone have videos of doing it while the computer is on anything but stop? Cuz that's really easy to do, I wanna see someone do it on walk or in a match, even if its' against a lvl 9.
That'd be pretty slick.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
I'll try it on a lv.9, going to be pain getting it not to shield or dodge though.

You can get the lock, but it needs even better timing, aim, and you need to rush towards the naner as soon as it's thrown.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I haven't been able to get this in a match yet...but I played all online today. :laugh:

An idea I had was Side B (kick) -> trip -> start it up, assuming you get one of those cool little lagless side b's. I'm so bad at getting those on command though :/

Sharky

Smash Master
I don't have a vid yet, but Yoshi can do it to you guys, too. =D

My next test is to find out if we can infinite you guys with it, since Yoshi has such a good horizontal aerial speed (able to short-hop to the other side of diddy faster.) =D

Luigi player

Smash Master
luigiplayers vid is too sexy
Do you mean the one in the first post or my 39 % combo?

The vid in the first post looks good, but that doesn't work, because the cpu wasn't doing anything and if he's set to walk I can't do it...

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't have a vid yet, but Yoshi can do it to you guys, too. =D

My next test is to find out if we can infinite you guys with it, since Yoshi has such a good horizontal aerial speed (able to short-hop to the other side of diddy faster.) =D
I'm thinking that that doesn't matter, you have to stay somewhat stationary to recatch the banana.

white peachy

Smash Ace
What about after you shield an aerial and just short hopping out of shield and starting this? This is so hard to set up/start though >__<. Not to mention do consistently against humans...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Already tried out of shield. You get pushed and you're usually out of range. Powershield/Spotdodge might work.

That thing I said vs sidesteps is good.

The thing about glidetoss/zcatch into this will not work if you're too far away... I'll try if you can set this up with a glidetoss into like fsmash range =/

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Did anybody get this to work in a real match. I only got 2 consecutive banana hits but on the third i did a bair >_> to catch haha

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to make them slip the other way.

So if you are single nana locking, you switch directions and continue locking to truely make it infinite?

If you already said that in the topic somewhere, sorry for being repetitive but I'm not a fan of reading 17 pages.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Switching directions won't work. Or the timing will be even harder, you have to wait a very small amount longer to throw it and you'd have to DI even more towards your opponent.

Still testing it here. Finding the ground tossing tech much more useful though.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm thinking that that doesn't matter, you have to stay somewhat stationary to recatch the banana.
OK lemme throw this one by you then (haven't tested this yet but I'm about to) : Yoshi can cancel his double jump by throwing an item, meaning he could double jump and throw the banana closer to the ground than a short hop. Do you think that gained time would be enough to jump to the other side and turn diddy around? =)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I tried this, banana bounces too far

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
has anyone been able to master it when someone's on walk? I hate to say this, but I'm starting to doubt that it's quick enough to not be able to roll out of it. Plz someone retaliate against this and prove me wrong somehow.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I got repetitions off of a level 9 computer, I can probably do it set to walk.

I can do it fast. well I dunno how fast but I think I do it faster than all these vids so far

I did it on wifi in major lag and three stocked a buddy's Falco haha, did the lock like 3 reps on his last stock but couldn't get a nice followup, took the replay though, lol.

IDK

Smash Lord
Just a side note, you CAN Zcatch and fastfall the lock but IDK why you would, much harder.
this is a reference, to the fact that i discovered it... lol. jk i just inspired his mind subconsciously... looooooool but really. im a credit wh0re. idk lol he rediscovered it and made it popular and able to work. but what p1 just suggested was the one i made up a while ago.

mnkey, it works on a little more than just MK lol.

I've only been doing it with them set to walk, I don't see any point otherwise haha.
same reason you start to learn to WD by full jumping and doing airdodges sideways.

cstick dair is the best because it autofastfalls for you, and if you time it right it auto cancels upon landing, and of course grabs the banana.
If you use bair/uair, you have to fastfall it to keep it fast enough but there would be landing lag i think anyway.
is it just me? *jerk mode* i would trust hylian over you

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ive gotten accustomed to hylians bair version of it o-o its much more easier. and to throw in some mindgames incase of possible roll a comboed in fair after the initial downward nanner toss is nice :3. but delxdoom is right in the case of where what he just said is just like what chromepirate mentioned. dair is more beneficial but practical wise that is just personal opinion. we gotta see this used in an actual match o-o and see if this alone can really turn the tides in a stock.

and lol i just imagined the double nanner version of this lock xD..wouldnt that be something if it was possible o.o

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
lol i just imagined the double nanner version of this lock xD..wouldnt that be something if it was possible o.o
Give it sometime, like about a month or so and someone will discover it, thats why I like the Diddy boards, we are so creative. :)

:monkey:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

A double nana lock with Z-catching on platforms? When was that, I think I missed that one.

:monkey:
oooops. I realized i did it last week when i did 2v1 on teams. I was by myself. I'll Try to upload hopefully the replays arent messed up.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I feel this is only a infinite with heavy characters or a wall infinite.

And on a side note, has anyone been able to test with Marth's UpB? Im not home so I can't. Blah skool.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
oooops. I realized i did it last week when i did 2v1 on teams. I was by myself. I'll Try to upload hopefully the replays arent messed up.
lol nl discovers **** without even knowing,:laugh:
on topic, if the uair/bair version is truely inescapable, their will be chances of it being an actual infinite

Player-1

Smash Legend
I feel this is only a infinite with heavy characters or a wall infinite.

And on a side note, has anyone been able to test with Marth's UpB? Im not home so I can't. Blah skool.
Has nothing to do with who is heavy or not except for the fact that heavy characters you have to double tap the c stick down faster. It has to do with how fast trip animation last. I don't know what you mean when you say test it with Marth's UpB, but if you mean can they escape using Marth's UpB, then no because you can't use any of your moveset out of a trip.

Top Bottom