• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Veril

Frame Savant
The Jigglypuff boards realizes its true potential. "top tier social thread!"

Kaylo, I have to say that I agree with G-regulate about his thread. It is the single best thread ever posted on this board in terms of information that is actually useful. I don't know why it got closed, and I'm sure the reasoning behind that decision was sound, but seeing as the ONLY thread that is active now is the social... really please unlock that thread. Its at the point where I want to post there because at least the information won't get lost immediately like it does in here, or ignored like in every other thread ;p

Fro would love me too if we didn't have nearly diametrically opposed views on everything.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I gave that thread two chances already...... when I unlock it, it gets spammed/bumped for no reason, and when I asked for a solid reason for why it should be stickied or whatever, I got none.

I understand that it's an important thread (which is why it's linked in the directory), but there was no current discussion going on in it..... the last post -- before it was spam-bumped -- was from October. Half a year ago.

I'll unlock it one last time since you're awesome :p, but if it keeps getting bumped with spam/trolling, it's getting locked permanently. (Again. x.x)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've certainly missed a lot over the last few days. I demand this social thread to rise in popularity and tier position.

Kaylo, I'm still waiting for your picture of eternal servitude.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how ridiculously lazy I am. ;;

The Zelda guide was supposed to be finished in December, so judging by that, you can expect your picture sometime in the next....... 5 months. Give or take 3-4. =X

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Get in line Noob, I am also waiting for pictures. *stares at KayLo*

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how ridiculously lazy I am. ;;

The Zelda guide was supposed to be finished in December, so judging by that, you can expect your picture sometime in the next....... 5 months. Give or take 3-4. =X
I can relate.

lolfriendfinder.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Wiscus is mine. Hands off. >=(

@Noob: I'm scared to ask why your avatar always has a crying girl in it, lol.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Fro! (hug)
I post here only a little compared to my pikachu spam pit. I love jiggz but I'm not cool enough for this thread! :(

Also, Thanks Zigsta! ♥ Studio Ghilbi films. My neighbor Totoro is fantastic.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Totoro was kinda meh for me. Maybe because I heard so much hype about it beforehand. :ohwell:

I forgot to mention that although I'm not super into anime, I looooove~ Miyazaki films.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Nah I don't mean it like that! *rephrases prior sentence somehow*
Pikas and Jiggz are both super awesome! I'm just more spammy with rodents for some reason.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You have to go into My Neighbor Totoro with different expectations than say, a Disney animated film, largely because the titular character isn't in many scenes to begin with. It's wildly imaginative, though, and brings me back to my childhood.

Miyazaki makes some interesting films. They're either like MNT or Ponyo, where they're smaller scale with not a lot of danger/plot, or they're large epics like Naussicaa of the Valley of the Wind (one of my personal favorites), Howl's Moving Castle, or Princess Mononoke.

If people are into animated films and they haven't seen Miyazaki's work, I strongly recommend it.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
@Noob: I'm scared to ask why your avatar always has a crying girl in it, lol.
That "girl" is a doll named Suiseiseki. She's my "waifu". Here's a larger picture.

To be honest, the reason why she's currently crying is that me and KJ were having a small RP session over at the Samus boards. Needless to say, I'd cry too if I couldn't convince anyone that stupid chibi-Hinaichigo took MY strawberry that I rightfully deserved, regardless of whether or not it was mine in the first place.

Also, Shinku is junk.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Castle in the Sky is pretty good. It's John Lasseter's favorite Miyazaki film.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Miyazaki films I've seen:

Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

Bolded ones were my favorites, but I don't remember Castle in the Sky very well..... need to rewatch it. I also wanna see Ponyo..... heard it was really good.

As far as other anime films go, Paprika was amazing.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Paprika is amazing. :)

Hmm, my favorite Miyazaki film might be Princess Mononoke or although, it's the one I've seen the least (only once) but Spirited Away is pretty cool.

Speaking of Anime films, anyone seen Grave Of The FireFlies? So sad. :crying:

Oh yeah I forgot about Nausicaa that was an amazing movie.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I watched Grave of the Fireflies a few years back. The saddest film that I've seen recently is 5cm Per Second.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
5 cm per second is pretty sad.

Has anyone seen Now and Then, Here and There? That's also pretty good/sad.

[Edit: I'm dumb, it's not a movie. But it's up there.]

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, next weekend at HOBO 24 me(samus) and ultimate razer(jiggs) are gonna be teaming for LT. Normally, we win so thats all good but this time there will be a team showing up they MAY give us trouble. The team is a jiggs+zelda. Now i know how to handle jiggs AND zelda in teams but razer doesnt. Is there anything you guys could say about jiggs dittos or jiggs vs zelda? PLEASE be serious about this because i wanna win very badly. Oh and if u dont mind, please add the word "xyro" in your post somewhere so i can name search myself and find this discussion again if i forget.

Framerate

Smash Lord
You can interrupt dair with rest.

Puff ditto's suck. Just have him fight the zelda and you take care of the puff. Although, zelda MU sucks too. Pretty much avoid all her spammy smashes and try to keep her in the air. Both MUs are gonna be bad for him, so bottom line is that he'll just have to play better than the other team. That's all I have.

Oh, and if the puff misses a rest, don't try anything fancy. Just charge a smash as long as you can before their partner interferes.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
In general, razer has better spacing than them but this is brawl so spacing doesn't matter much when the foe can powershield. Lets hope his spacing is better than thier PSing

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Tell razor to go in training mode and practice the correct method of sdi'ing zelda's smashes. Do so until its second nature. Zeldas can be unpredictable, always shield if she dashes at you(regardless of grab), don't abuse dacus because if she catches the pattern its a free smash for her, pound cancels dins fire, and make good use of dash attack to punish the lag in her smashes.

Top Bottom