• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So guys, this is serious. Will we ever resume the match-up discussions? If we do, will we continue to use the current thread? If not, will we create a new one? Or will we just continue to not have productivity on these boards all together?

*Raises flame shield
*seconds this*

let me hid under that shield too

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Well, we really should resume some form of productivity on these boards. Otherwise, there is not much purpose for these boards to even exist IMO.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Let me list some matchups. And not just matchups based from my own experiences, but off of others' as well. These are what the matchup ratios would look like if there was an amazing active jigglypuff out there (Vanz, you better get yourself active):

The first number is us, the second number is them.

mk: 20:80
snake: 30:70
wario: 30:70 (mabey worse)
Falco: 35:65
GW: 20:80
Diddy Kong: 40:60 (yes I believe we have disadvantage, go beat a top diddy those of you who thinks it's her favor)
DDD: 35:65- 40:60

And those are just a few just to start it off. Ya'll really overestimate what jigglypuff is capable of, I can't believe some of you actually think she beats diddy and goes even with mk, LOL!

Noobicidal

Smash Master

mk: 25:75
Diddy Kong: 40:60 (yes I believe we have disadvantage, go beat a top diddy those of you who thinks it's her favor)
DDD: 30:70

Changed D3 and MK, but I agree with everything else.

Cold Fusion

Tbh, I can't really say it is that bad for us, but it is definitely not 45:55. I have yet to fight a grapetastic MK, so I am not really qualified to speak. It is a plus that we should not get edge-guarded heavily though.

Same applies hear as MK. I have yet to fight a great Snake, but I find myself two stocking most I fight.

I have yet to even fight a Wario, cannot speak for this one.

Not too sure about this one. I have only friendly experience against Falco. Start the fight ducking though.

I won a set against a GW on AiB. Maybe he just did not know what to do. I was playing very careful against him though.

Not qualified to speak since the most experience against Diddy was in With anyone mode.

I have no clue what to say about this one.
Responses in white. I am speaking from my Wi-Fi experience on AiB. Keep in mind that the players I have faced might have had no clue how to fight Jigglypuff, also that I play gay.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord

But I'm not really going to argure and niether should you. My new position on this matchup is 35:65 at the least. Legit.

I think that may be spot on, no worse than 30:70.

Falco: 35:65.
I'd say 40:60, worse than the fox matchup, but not too different. Lazers with stun, a spike, etc. makes him a bigger threat.

I can't believe some of you actually think she beats diddy and goes even with mk, LOL!
We never though she goes even with MetaKnight, but some thought she was really close. I have slightly broken away from this thought, but I still believe that Jigglypuff's ability to attack several weaknesses such as tornado IASA rests, early rest kills, and d-air's priority against some specific moves really sawys this matchup in our favor at times.

Once again, 35:65 or better.

Cia

das kwl

And those are just a few just to start it off. Ya'll really overestimate what jigglypuff is capable of, I can't believe some of you actually think she beats diddy and goes even with mk, LOL!
i don't think jigglypuff's a super hero. but i do think she's a little better than those numbers give her credit for.

Metaknight - 30:70
Snake - 65:35 (this seems like it could change someday)
Wario - 55:45 - puff can space the crap out of him. he just lives longer.
Falco - 65:35
GaW - 30:70
Diddy - 40:60
Dedede - 50:50. A missed rest is all that stopped me from beating Atomsk. Not to brag or anything, but doing what i did to the top Dedede could be an indication that we don't have it so bad.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Dedede - 50:50. A missed rest is all that stopped me from beating Atomsk. Not to brag or anything, but doing what i did to the top Dedede could be an indication that we don't have it so bad.
You have my support in saying its even, I have experience in the matchup from playing Dapuffster awhile ago in the DDD matchup, its not **** at all and its close to if not even.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The ddd matchup would be even if jigglypuff could kill. Jiggs won't be killing ddd until 150% or so, DDD will be killing her at like 90% T_T

g-regulate

Smash Hero
DDD doesnt have to kill anything when you are edgeloving (my new jigglypuff-strategy term for working your entire game around the edge.). Seriously, get a lead, make them chase you, dont get hit with utilt/bair, and DDD becomes a big slow penguin that can't handle the puff. not to mention hes a giant humongous target, along with DK, snake and other tall people. plus, edgeguarding DDD's giant fat penguin body is so terrible easy to make up-B onto the stage, you should be resting him at 100 at LEAST one stock a match.

rethink your matchups bro, jiggs can win every matchup except metaknight, with people like gdubs, olimar, and maybe zelda being somewhat fickle, but doable. i would even think MK was beatable, if his upB literally didnt beat every possible action jigglypuff has (and kills her at just over 100 in the process)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
People need to remember that brawl is GAY. its a defensive game where offense rarely pays off. get a lead, and camp the edge. jiggs > everyone off the stage (except mk), so if you are winning, just hang out there because you will force them to approach to a bad position, or you will time them out and win because most people cant reach you pounding around under the stage. It's ugly and stupid but it's effective, its brawl.

Glick

Smash Lord
i don't think jigglypuff's a super hero. but i do think she's a little better than those numbers give her credit for.

Snake - 65:35 (this seems like it could change someday)
Wario - 55:45 - puff can space the crap out of him. he just lives longer.
Falco - 65:35
Vanz. play a snake that plays like rykoshet and then tell me we have it good in that matchup XD
All I can say is make sure you get 4th port. Seriously.

And I seriously disagree with that metaknight thing. You remember how I fight MK's. maybe it's just my style.

I agree with Falco,DDD, but wario has the advantage a tiny bit. 45-55. But the matchup isn't really about these numbers. A game with as much spacing as that one, it's more about the players styles.

PS: EDGELOVING DDD'S IS THE MOST FUN THING TO DO IN THIS GAME.

Cia

das kwl
oh i messed up bad. Here's what i think. Jigglypuff:Opponent

Snake - 35:65 (this seems like it could change someday)
Wario - 45:55 - puff can space the crap out of him. he just lives longer.
Falco - 35:65 (this also seems like it might change)

Cold Fusion

So, should we Re-REStart the match-up discussions?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Vanz. play a snake that plays like rykoshet and then tell me we have it good in that matchup XD
All I can say is make sure you get 4th port. Seriously.

And I seriously disagree with that metaknight thing. You remember how I fight MK's. maybe it's just my style.

I agree with Falco,DDD, but wario has the advantage a tiny bit. 45-55. But the matchup isn't really about these numbers. A game with as much spacing as that one, it's more about the players styles.

PS: EDGELOVING DDD'S IS THE MOST FUN THING TO DO IN THIS GAME.
Uhm what good mks did you ever beat? Did they even play the matchup right?

Glick

Smash Lord
I've played most of the good MKs in NY.
I never really got a chance to play any good MK's in tournament, but of course i've played them all in friendlies.

I'm sure they weren't playing the matchup right. If the person knows how to play jigglypuff i'd be very very surprised. Honestly I can factor that into the matchup.
MK isn't a counter. It's not good but its not a counter...

Remember that I haven't played vbrawl in something like 6 months.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I've played most of the good MKs in NY.
I never really got a chance to play any good MK's in tournament, but of course i've played them all in friendlies.

I'm sure they weren't playing the matchup right. If the person knows how to play jigglypuff i'd be very very surprised. Honestly I can factor that into the matchup.
MK isn't a counter. It's not good but its not a counter...

Remember that I haven't played vbrawl in something like 6 months.
Then don't say you think the matchup isn't that bad. Also don't call brawl vbrawl. It's the original so I don't see a reason to add a meaningless letter to it

Glick

Smash Lord
Then don't say you think the matchup isn't that bad. Also don't call brawl vbrawl. It's the original so I don't see a reason to add a meaningless letter to it
Then don't say I think the matchup isn't bad?
Why?

Because I havn't played the game, or because a top tier player was unfamiliar with a low tier character?

If its the former, then this game hasn't changed. I went to SNES and I check SWF. MK is becoming less dominant. That's about all I've noticed.

If it's the latter
Most people at tournaments are. Isn't that the advantage of using a low tier?

Listen, jiggz isn't a superhero (not to steal vanz' quote). Trust me I know. It's one of the reasons I don't play this game anymore. I'm just saying, jiggz has it easier then most characters in this game.

I'm not saying it 45-55 LOL

It's just something like 35/40-65/60

It's hard sure, but it's no G&W matchup.
Just the fact that he can't gimp and that he is light is enough to make this matchup not a counter.

Edit: All this talk about vbrawl jiggz makes me want to play with her grahpihspdiofjsd

Glick

Smash Lord
LOL

word woodman.

Well now that I think about it, I really didn't do bad against judge last time I played him.
It was a bit ago, but the last time i saw him (SNES) I wasn't playing regular brawl so.. yeah.

Cold Fusion

Hey guys, I have an idea. We should rip-off the Falcon boards "Falcon's Metagame- in detail" thread.

Cold Fusion

I don't mind MGaW vs. Jiggs.

Yet

Top Bottom