• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Metatitan

Smash Master
Haha, the exact reason I picked up Snake. I faced a G&W who SECONDS Jiggs. No. **** that noise.
Just main snake and save yourself some time (literally, since all you do with jiggs is camp xD).

Also jigglypuff's best stage is brinstar jigglyzelda. That aint banned.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
OK, so I've started to try picking up Jigglypuff again, experimenting with her playstyle, and here's the main problem. I can almost always bring my opponent down to their last stock, regardless of who it is, yet when it comes to actually finishing them... I just can't do it.

My general playstyle usually goes soemthing along the lines of this:

1) Use Bair/Fair/Dair/Pound/Nair to pressure (I mix it up)
2) Retreat and air camp for a while.
3) Repeat as necessary.

Sometimes I use the occasionaly grab to keep my opponent on their toes, but I basically never use her smash attacks or tilts (except UTilt as a mix-up). Fair tends to be my main kill move, yet I always seem to have trouble landing it on the final stock, even though I can normally land it fine beforehand. Sometimes I use dash attack if I get desperate, but that just makes me more predictable. :ohwell: I don't use Rest much because I'm way too cautious.

tl;dr I always lose when my opponent is on their last stock. Help me please.

BTW, is it me, or is Jigglypuff's momentum cancelling rather sub-par?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Just main snake and save yourself some time (literally, since all you do with jiggs is camp xD).

Also jigglypuff's best stage is brinstar jigglyzelda. That aint banned.
i hear that, but i never really grew to love brinstar mostly Norfair and FO.

BTW, is it me, or is Jigglypuff's momentum cancelling rather sub-par?
its never seemed spectacular to me, it just was what it is.

MnT maybe you should just aircamp when thery're at kill percents for a till you just find that opening, cause fishing for it is always a pain, unless your behind that is....... normally unless its like some teambattle or FFA(don't laugh) i spend 80% aircamping and acting like im peach.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577

Also jigglypuff's best stage is brinstar
Reasons? :D Must know.
tl;dr I always lose when my opponent is on their last stock. Help me please.
Besides fair, you can try usmash for killing. Her usmash isn't too bad and you can dacus. Fsmash is useable as a punish. Ftilt/utilt can be used as desperate kill moves, if you get them to (lulzy) high enough % Rollout is good if your opponent doesn't know how to punish it, or as a tech chase. You should practice landing Rest, 2 frame startup iirc.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Reasons? :D Must know.
Me said:
Pros: The small dimensions of the stage improves Jigglypuff's offstage game as well as strengthening many of her kill moves (namely Rest). The acid may be used to protect yourself from an offstage Rest as well as offering a costly 7th jump in case you use up your jumps when attempting an offstage gimp or kill. The vegetation on the stage offers a way to de-stale your moves, which helps for when the opponent gets in kill range. The permeable bottom floor allows for flexibility when recovering, and also the ability to attack while underneath the stage (sharking).
From the Stage Discussion thread.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Brinstar is jigglypuff's best stage for several reasons, and those same reasons are why it's my cp of choice as peach.

Brinstar has:

Flesh of stage to use useless attacks on so that your KO moves become fresh
Narrower blast zones so that you KO easier
Lava (which is not nearly as much a threat to floaties)
Helpful platform arrangement for floaties

Really the first two are the MAIN reasons why this stage is so good for jiggs. Your Fair will be stale so you can just jab or d tilt the flesh of the stage to freshen it up. Also brinstar is pretty good for camping, so you can do that if you REALLY want to (but it makes her better at offense too).

Really brinstar is like the one stage where jiggs is somewhat viable (and even then there are better characters on the stage)

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I'll try playing on Brinstar more often to get the feel of it, I never really play the stage lol.
I generally cp Delfino, since you can shark and have wet dreams water rests.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is adorable, the jigglypuff red version sprite was even cute.

It may not seem cute now, but it was at the Red/Blue time.

The HeartGold/SoulSilver sprite is also adorable.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is adorable, the jigglypuff red version sprite was even cute.

It may not seem cute now, but it was at the Red/Blue time.

The HeartGold/SoulSilver sprite is also adorable.
Get your *** off basic brawl and pokemon handhelds.

I want challanging friendlies again. :)

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Well guys, I just lost to a Ganon on the ladder (yeah I know, boo me). It is scary to approach Ganon.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well guys, I just lost to a Ganon on the ladder
I just lost to a Ganon on the ladder
I just lost to a Ganon
Jokes aside, you need to take your time when approaching Ganon. Uair out ranges everything Puff can dish out, so be VERY wary of this. Ganon has 5 options on Puff after a Gerudo, and three of the options can kill rather easily (ftilt, iDA, and platform-drop uair). Puff is also one of the easier characters to chain choke; opponents who buffer a direction after the Gerudo are easily followed due to Puff's air speed. Due to her weight, Jigglypuff dies pathetically early, and can get spiked as low as 10%, even with all of her jumps left.

tl;dr - Spacing is key, gimp his *** offstage, DON'T GET BAITED INTO GERUDO.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
i wish jiggz had a faster sidestep
Wow, lol, way to pull a new discussion right out of your rectum Woody.

A faster side step will give us fewer intangibility frames (Yes, I be switching the terminology.). It's different than a roll in which case you would rather have a quick one because they can be easily punished, unlike a side step dodge.

I think it's fine how it is...

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Fix'd for accuracy ;x
Was that fix directed toward me? Don't be a d***, we haven't brawled in a while. :embarrass

Play DF's Snake; you will NOT win.
I've never seen him use Snake before.

He NC'd a few times last time I brawled him which is suprising. After four losses he quit and told me he has been playing nothing but basic brawl and his pant's zipper for almost a month.

I wan't to brawl him again when he's not so rusty.

EDIT: *facepalm* double post :mad:

Punish me. Do your worst. Give me what I deserve. :cry:

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Was that fix directed toward me? Don't be a d***, we haven't brawled in a while. :embarrass

I've never seen him use Snake before.

He NC'd a few times last time I brawled him which is suprising. After four losses he quit and told me he has been playing nothing but basic brawl and his pant's zipper for almost a month.

I wan't to brawl him again when he's not so rusty.

EDIT: *facepalm* double post :mad:

Punish me. Do your worst. Give me what I deserve. :cry:
thats funny, basic brawl is how i get better
3 vs 1 on hyrule temple xd
i love pisssing off those taunt spammers and making them try

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
You have a habit of not improving very much. In fact whenever we played, you tried to copy my jiggs. I adjusted and continued to have my way with you ;x
he had improved from the first time i played him to the second (about a week in between), but you gotta find your own strategy and do what works for you, not what works for everyone else because they probably have a different mindset than you while playing in that particular way

Noobicidal

Smash Master
but you gotta find your own strategy and do what works for you, not what works for everyone else because they probably have a different mindset than you while playing in that particular way
Obvious statement is obvious, but I agree. For instance, I see my Puff as if she's in a semi-linear story tale, and the various actions I do in a match, such as tech-chasing, are what affects her story.

Top Bottom