• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So I ended up playing mvc3 today (and I'm bad at it, all my wins were only lvl 3 xfactor sentinel destroying full teams)

It's pretty interesting and I'm trying to learn how to zone in that game using a team of Chris/Dante/Sentinel

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm hype for Chris, ever since I saw LLND do a 100 hit combo with him, i just want to use Chris

Dante has... ridiculous hitboxes

Sentinel... is easy to use but when people know him.. he is more than manageable.

Replace my team with Ike in all those sentences and replace LLND with Kirk

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
How to use Sentinel Pre-Patch: NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE CHARGE *BnB combo* ROCKET PUNCH HYPER SENTINEL FORCE X-FACTOR NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just c M > S > a something > attempt to S again and if I get that then go for a rocket punch and if I get that then hyper sentinel force.. :x

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yea I see how you played it. Just was very evasive with a bit of fair spacing and jabs. That's how I kinda played against this GaW, but his turtle wall was annoying. lol

btw wtf at 1:04? Everything slows down a bit for a few seconds for some reason. XD
and 2:12... and 3:13... lol
There was something up with the capturing device that made that weird effect happen trivially, sorry. Yeah, I wasn't able to punish him a lot on that Bair, lol. I threw out way too much Usmash and I feel like I could have grabbed and used Nair more.

I find it weird that two people have me sig'd
You're awesome, Bored.

Its Been awhile fellow ikes :l
Hows life treating you all?
It's been good, man.

Lost for the day.

Edit: In later news: Stayed up with my best friend's little brother playing Black Ops until almost 5:00 in the morning. I'm still pretty tired, but holy crap. Thursday-Today was mad fun.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh hay guys, i cba to read the thread since i last got here, far too tired
so, how is the world? rugby league is manliest sport ever and university looks awesome

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
lol I love how Ike's nair and fair go through nado. XDD Feels so good to beat MK with ike lol.
besides uair, all his aerials deal with tornado (dair for those MKs who try to tornado onto the stage xD), bair is the easiest one to use too since you can dash away from a potential nado before it comes out.

If someone doesn't know how to fight Ike, its pretty easy to win with Ike.

Got 17th. Lost to infinity. Slaps got 13th. Nvm, he got 9th. His opponent quit lmao.

:phone:
inb4slaps>boredfromslaps

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
nado can't really be beaten from the bottom besides a huge disjoint like usmash/aether

maybe uair can but not practically

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Uair beats nado but not practically. It's not too hard with the back side of uair.

Nado can be used in situations where it will get you before you react. That's when you really need to watch out, otherwise a bair if you're on the ground, or double jump dair if you're in the air are really easy to perform.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good job. How many entrants were there?
Not sure, but first round matchups were tough for the most part. Either you were seeded high and playing someone average to poor, or vice versa.

looks like i have to do the honours then

slaps>bored
I know you're a college dropout, but let's keep the common sense active in this thread, okay? :)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
^ God damn, Bored.

News: Went to the tourney, but showed up too late to enter singles. Played a MM set with 4GOD's DDD, as he's been MIA for a good deal of time. First game was an SD fest on PS1, game two, he mopped the floor with me, as usual, on Lylat. Today was good.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just realized my statement makes no sense. Getting a college edu does not = common sense. Does help on comprehension skills though.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Good job. How many entrants were there?
I think 36 or so...?

Got 17th. Lost to infinity. Slaps got 13th. Nvm, he got 9th. His opponent quit lmao.

:phone:
Well technically speaking MY opponent didn't quit it was the opponent of the game before me that quit lol i still had to play someone.. just someone not as difficult. But i beat P4 2-0 and you lost to P4 0-2... I probably just play better vs his type of mk better, i still consider you to be better but ill silently brag to myself about placing higher XD haha <3..

I lost to Jerm, and Jerm alone... First game was vs Jerm lost 0-2 but both games took him to last stock which was a heck of a lot better than my games vs him last tournament i played him at.. Sent to losers i played vs Pixel(Chrisspriter) chic's brother who plays mario 2-0 a few cape deaths that were annoying but oh well XD.. Then i played P4 as i said won 2-0 first game on sv he shuttle loop and glide attacked missing sv platform and SDed at 90ish% airdodged falling and killed him twice with Uair.. Game 2 is a lil blurry XD haha i just remember the ending on a fresh stock i come back to him on the ledge he tries to nado on i Fair, he tries to drill rush i Fair, he tries to drill rush again i D-tilt for JV2stock. Then i had to wait a while until the rest of losers proceeded. I played winner of chic and d4ba but damien decided to forfeit so i played chic and won 2-0 he got hit by Fair a lot.. Then again i had to play Jerm T_T. First game i guess you could say was a warm up for me since I really did get ***** like 3-stocked.. Game 2 i was down a stock and he was at low % but managed to bring it back in the end for a win. Game 3 was pretty even for the first stock immediately trading/resetting %s then he got some combos on me and i didn't take his second stock til i was 140% on my last stock. He comes back and i managed to put 80-90% on him before he finally killed me at 200%. Really close match and came really close to winning. Overall for being somewhat rusty I thought i played really well =] happy with my performance.

LOLWTFSK?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Bored I really don't know why you lost to P4 honestly.

Slaps. Tell me how to get a bracket that isn't full of top TX players plz. I really wish I got to play a Mario and a Luigi in bracket ever.

I always get Denti and Infinity in my bracket. Super early.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
hey there, i signed up in swf to be active in this board, because here in germany ike is actually non existent(i am the only ike main here lol)
also since i'm probably coming to apex i´d like to know the people here a litte bit^^

also sry for bad english, i keep trying to get better

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno how I lost to him. Both times, I had a decent lead. I just tend to struggle vs MK and speedier MUs in general, cause I'm a slow thinker lol.

I'd take MUs of DDD, Falco, and Wario anyday over Sonic and Diddy. Speed kills.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's weird, as I'd take Sonic and Diddy over those other three. I don't do as bad against Wario as I used to, but I still have a tough time against him in comparison to Sonic or Diddy.

Welcome to the boards, Yoh!

Top Bottom